Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Update 14 July 2013: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running smoothly again. TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the email address no longer works. The only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Originally Posted by Frontliner
There was never a document from TK to officialize when they started offering status matches. I don't know why they would officialy state that they don't do it anymore.
Official documents not withstanding, there has never been an official word from TK to say its still being honored or has been cancelled.

Blind speculation saying the offer is dead is quite silly without official and substantive proof IMO and does nothing to benefit the thread
Old Feb 22, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Neil791
Blind speculation saying the offer is dead is quite silly without official and substantive proof IMO and does nothing to benefit the thread
Blind speculation? Hardly. The last reports of matches being granted are those of requests sent in by December. From January onwards, nothing has been acknowledged. It's coming to two months now, which is beyond a reasonable time frame for any delays in response, even for TK.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but as far as the recent reports are concerned, the deal is pretty much dead. To please you, I'd say it's unoffically dead, just like how it was never officially introduced
Old Feb 27, 2013, 2:04 pm

Another data point.

I sent my status match request in Jan 2013 , via both emails and online forms, with my AA EXP status. Today I received an email reply like this

"

Dear dingalpha,

We kindly informed that , According our rules and Conditionals of program partner of Star Alliance, Just program partners can claim miles/ match status with a another airlines. Due to reason why American Airlines is not a program partner, we kindly cannot approve your request.

For more information,please visit the link as shown below
http://www.thy.com/en-INT/miles_and_...ers/index.aspx Thank you for choosing Turkish Airlines on your flights. Kind Regards,
To reply to this message or for your compliments - complaints, you may fill in the feedback form (http://www4.thy.com/customercontact/?lang=en ) on our website. You may also call us at +90 212 4440849 +90 850 3330849

You have 0 miles in your TK********* Classic membership account. You can claim your missing flights via https://www4.thy.com/tkmiles/login.tk?lang=en link with your membership ID and PIN Code.
If your MilesSmiles card number is provided while making your reservation and at check-in, miles will be credited automatically to your account within two days following your flight.

Please note that in order to inform you on time regarding the possible operational changes about your flight, we highly recommended you to add your contact information and membership number -if available- on your reservation.

www.thy.com
"
Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:56 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, TK M&S Elite
Here is a thought...maybe just maybe...they didnt want to confer a bunch status matches to people who preferred status might be expiring...do most *A airlines program years end at the same time?
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:46 am

I submitted a request a few days ago, and I have followed-up directly with Customer Service. Be sure to keep your reference code after submitting your information online. I called Customer Service today, and they confirmed they received all the necessary information and would follow-up. When I asked how long it would take, they said it usually takes a couple of weeks, and he would send a follow-up to that department.

The program may be dead or alive...or TK is just being slower than usual. Either way, I'm happy to wait a few weeks to see if this happens since my request was after March 2013. Regarding dingalpha's post, not sure if it matters that I'm United Gold while s/he is AA. That sentence saying, "Due to reason why American Airlines is not a program partner, we kindly cannot approve your request" is odd. Let's see if I get an email like that or something more substantive regarding status match with UA Gold, which is a TK partner airline.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 3:41 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Welcome to FT and the TK forum venuzchld

Originally Posted by venuzchld
I submitted a request a few days ago, and I have followed-up directly with Customer Service. Be sure to keep your reference code after submitting your information online. I called Customer Service today, and they confirmed they received all the necessary information and would follow-up. When I asked how long it would take, they said it usually takes a couple of weeks, and he would send a follow-up to that department.

The program may be dead or alive...or TK is just being slower than usual. Either way, I'm happy to wait a few weeks to see if this happens since my request was after March 2013. Regarding dingalpha's post, not sure if it matters that I'm United Gold while s/he is AA. That sentence saying, "Due to reason why American Airlines is not a program partner, we kindly cannot approve your request" is odd. Let's see if I get an email like that or something more substantive regarding status match with UA Gold, which is a TK partner airline.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 6:12 am

Programs: DL Gold
After resubmitting my request a few days ago, I got this reply today:

We are purposing to serve you better service with new Customer Relations web page in our website. The email address, [email protected] is not used anymore. You may reach Customer Relations website via following link.

http://www4.thy.com/customercontact/?lang=en

Unfortunately you can't attach files there.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 5:34 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Daoane

http://www4.thy.com/customercontact/?lang=en

Unfortunately you can't attach files there.
Actually, if you enter your personal info on the first page and click "next" the second page has an area at the bottom where you can attach files.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:09 am

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Applied for my wife's status to be matched from AC to TK shortly after I did mine but hers wasn't acknowledged. Continued to chase it up via email through the seemingly useless email address which is now defunct and the equally useless page on the website.
That said, after a few increasingly agitated messages much to my surprise I checked her account on TK and sure enough it's been matched to TK Elite with an expiry date of Dec 2014 which is odd considering I applied for hers in January 2013!

Nevertheless, her AC status expired in Feb so now she's got it back until late next year so if they've killed the deal some might still be able to get the better part of a year's status if they're patient which is better than nothing and it gives you that much time to retain it through mileage accrual.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Neil791
Applied for my wife's status to be matched from AC to TK shortly after I did mine but hers wasn't acknowledged. Continued to chase it up via email through the seemingly useless email address which is now defunct and the equally useless page on the website.
That said, after a few increasingly agitated messages much to my surprise I checked her account on TK and sure enough it's been matched to TK Elite with an expiry date of Dec 2014 which is odd considering I applied for hers in January 2013!

Nevertheless, her AC status expired in Feb so now she's got it back until late next year so if they've killed the deal some might still be able to get the better part of a year's status if they're patient which is better than nothing and it gives you that much time to retain it through mileage accrual.
That's a great news. Now it may be safe to say that TK only match their's partners' elite memberships.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 1:03 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Here is another report of a successful match in 2013: http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/03/18/t...-status-match/
Old Mar 19, 2013, 3:35 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
I applied in January with I believe my OZ *G card and received this response yesterday.

Dear AlwaysFlyStar,

Referring to your e-mail message dated 04.01.2013 , Elite card status match has been provided and your membership has been updated as '' Elite Card '' level.

We would like to be honoured to see you as an Elite member for your future flights by Turkish Airlines.

Kind Regards,
TURKISH AIRLINES INC.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS MANAGEMENT
And so my guess is that they just aren't processing them as quickly as they may have in the past, but that they are still doing them.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 4:21 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
If this is the case, and assuming that they are matching everyone, the order or date of application appears to mean nothing either.

I applied Dec 11, Jan 13 and Feb 10 via the new website without any replies.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 4:22 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
I applied in January with I believe my OZ *G card and received this response yesterday.

And so my guess is that they just aren't processing them as quickly as they may have in the past, but that they are still doing them.
Wonderful news ^

When did your Elite month begin? January or March?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 4:46 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
I have sent messages to all of the emails I previously used without success, so I guess the website is the primary way to go at this point. I would propose the delay in their replies has to do with the new website based system as opposed to a new stance on status matches. I sent my email on 4 January and received zero sort of response until yesterday when the match was confirmed, so take that as you will. I will check when my month begins, but I must first wait, as I locked my account entering the wrong pin.

Last edited by AlwaysFlyStar; Mar 19, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.