Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Update 14 July 2013: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running smoothly again. TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the email address no longer works. The only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by mtkeller
I requested (for the third time…first time my card had expired by the time they got to processing it) on the 17th as well and woke up this morning to an approval email.
Requested a "replacement card" the same day my match came through (22 April or thereabouts) and it arrived over the weekend. Glad to have that in hand before I have a few NZ domestic flights later this month.
Old May 8, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold,HHonours Diamond,SPG Plat,Carlson Gold,Accor Plat,Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by aboerr
I also tried to apply today with the online form. But, I have no idea if it was working or not. Did you get some kind of confirmation? For me it just reset everything I just filled in when I hit the "send" button. Difficult to know if it was sent or not.....
yes I got a reference number mailed to me from [email protected]
Old May 9, 2013, 2:40 am

Programs: UX FB Gold, TK*G
Applied today with my FB Gold card. I will update when news arrive.
Old May 10, 2013, 2:36 am

Programs: QR Platinum, IHG Diamond, GHA Titanium
Match approval came in today. Applied on 5/6 using UA Premier Gold and LH Senator.
Old May 10, 2013, 2:45 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

Wow that's fast.
Old May 10, 2013, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold (RIP), TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, IC RA, Hertz 5*
Like Johan Rebel, I also had to resend my BA Gold card to prove I had renewed for another year (my BA Gold card was late in the mail this year so took a little while).

Just received my card and luggage tags in the mail today ^

I applied back in December, but it was really the process of resending the card with a later expiry that took the extra time.

I was also able to prove that I have been both a BA Gold and BD Gold for the last 6 years. I think my BA Gold was enough though.
Old May 10, 2013, 8:25 am

hard to believe, but just got status matched within 2!! (two) hours!

tried it before and waited 5 weeks for a feedback, then filled in the form again today and here it is.. e-mail confirmation of the status match within 2 hours
Old May 10, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I just got mine too, and it was probably about a month delay.
Old May 12, 2013, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by n00b
hard to believe, but just got status matched within 2!! (two) hours!

tried it before and waited 5 weeks for a feedback, then filled in the form again today and here it is.. e-mail confirmation of the status match within 2 hours
Originally Posted by lifeisart
I just got mine too, and it was probably about a month delay.
Hmmm. It's definitely odd. I filled out the forms for both myself and my wife (we're both UA 1Ks) many weeks ago and they then asked for 2013 documentation. I emailed them a copy of our new cards, and my wife got an approval email and her card in the mail this weekend -- and I still have nothing! I'm wondering if I should just start again, or send another follow up email.
Old May 12, 2013, 11:12 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
You wouldn't be the only one waiting - it's been 5 months for me; two requests, one resubmission on request by TK and silence.
Old May 14, 2013, 6:11 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Matched!

Waiting time: 3 months and a half. I was contacted some 4-5 weeks ago to re-send a copy of the card and the statement.

Right about time I have a TK trip to KUL in C, so will get 200% miles (150% plus 50% status credit).

Last edited by TPJ; May 14, 2013 at 6:31 am Reason: 200% not 250%:(:(:(
Old May 15, 2013, 6:42 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Applied 23 March, heard back on 10 April asking for extra information (scan of BA Gold card), then not a peep until the email today saying my card has been upgraded. ^
Old May 15, 2013, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
You wouldn't be the only one waiting - it's been 5 months for me; two requests, one resubmission on request by TK and silence.
The email above doesn't work so had to apply on their website for a friend who's BA Gold. But not a peep after a month.
Old May 16, 2013, 2:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
I applied on April 12th via the webform and attaching a scan of my BAEC Gold card. Received an e-mail this morning confirming I have been matched to Elite level, and it shows on the website straight away, valid until the end of April 2015.
Old May 16, 2013, 7:14 am

Programs: Enough
Submitted DL Gold around noon yesterday, got matched at 2:03AM EST today - NOT BAD!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.