Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Update 14 July 2013: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running smoothly again. TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the email address no longer works. The only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2013, 9:39 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Also had a quickish turnaround time for my application. Applied on 27 June. Responded to w/ demand for more info on 8 July. Approved today. However, their website sucks, and I've been locked out of my account.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
About two weeks ago I sent them a black and white scan of my 1K card and three months statements (screen shots). Received this email back today:

"Please send us a coloured copy of your card and original statement copies for
the past 2 month period.

Thank you for choosing Turkish Airlines on your flights.
Kind Regards,"

So today I sent coloured copy of my card and two months statements. We'll see what happens. It appears they always turn down the first request.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 5:01 pm

Not if you send a coloured copy of your card, statement screenshots and another screenshot displaying your address - then you're through on the first try
Old Jul 9, 2013, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
Not if you send a coloured copy of your card, statement screenshots and another screenshot displaying your address - then you're through on the first try
If only I'd known this... but good news, I've got matched to TK Gold.

TK came back and wanted proof of address from the BA Gold to show it was me, as well as the statements and photo of card.

Status updated online until 7/2015!

All I need now is the card.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 7:52 am

Programs: DL, US
I had a quick turn around as well. I applied on July 2 and received a response on July 4th, asking for a colored copy of my card. I received approval the next day.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Interestingly I have never got the physical card. They matched me about more than 8 months ago.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:31 am

I remembered today, that I had a TK flight in january, which I couldn't credit to my A3 account because of the low booking class. So I made a retro claim in my TK Elite account and immediately got 500 status miles for that. But why I can see them in the activities, but not in the account statement? Doesn't they count because I earned them before I got the elite match? Anyway, they could only be useful for me if they would be valid to mid january 2014, but if I'm right they would expire 1 year after the flight, right? That would be 5 days before I would earn enough miles for my requalification.

Old Jul 15, 2013, 3:49 am

I tried to sign up for Miles & Smiles a few days ago, but during creation of the Profile when it asked me to confirm the details, it had changed some of what I entered (e.g. changed the country to Turkey), so I clicked the link to go back and edit it.

However, after editing the information and trying to submit it to create the account, it gave an error message that there was already an account with the same details. I never received an email or confirmation with my Member ID number, so cannot log in, nor can I toggle the PIN code without an account number. It won't toggle based on email address alone.

I've sent an email requesting the account information, but still no response. Has anyone come across this previously, where you've signed up but never got the Member ID? Any idea how to toggle this via the website?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by SusanDK
I've sent an email requesting the account information, but still no response. Has anyone come across this previously, where you've signed up but never got the Member ID? Any idea how to toggle this via the website?

Yes. Just use another emailaddress and it will be fine.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:06 am

Programs: A3*G, BA silver, HH Gold
I got matched from Ba gold (from bd gold) after one week (8th of July). But my tk status is still basic when doing checkin/lounge with SK. A printout of the web page got me in though.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:22 am

I sent my request earlier this week via the website form, including attachments, and got a Feedback number. When I tried to look up the status, it states that this Feedback number doesn't exist. I haven't been matched nor have I received any emails, either to confirm my request was received or to ask for more information.

I guess I'll re-submit and try again.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
Sucessfully matched A3 Gold to TK Elite.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by exs2
Sucessfully matched A3 Gold to TK Elite.
What kind of statement did you sent them from A3? A screen shot of the account activity?
Old Jul 22, 2013, 2:58 am

Successfully matched DL Platinum and US Platinum to TK Elite.

Thanks to all who contributed to FT to provide this information!
Old Jul 22, 2013, 5:44 am

Programs: LH, BA, KE
Anyone know how long it takes from match 'acceptance' to the 'Gold package' arrival in the post?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.