Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Update 14 July 2013: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running smoothly again. TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the email address no longer works. The only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013, 11:52 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,9MM), WN
Originally Posted by mediator
Account upgraded to Elite on 7/8, still waiting for the actual card to arrive. Currently zip mile in the account.
Well, I'm three months without a card. I am gonna drop a line to their membership department and find out what's up.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 12:09 pm

Should be two years.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:37 am

Programs: LH, BA, KE
Originally Posted by uxb
Well, I'm three months without a card. I am gonna drop a line to their membership department and find out what's up.
Good idea; let us know!
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: FB Gold, TK Miles & Smiles Elite, Aeroplan
Requested status match on August 26, approved on September 5.

Reading the posts above I do fear my card will not arrive in time though. If so, will report whether or not lounge access with print-out was successful.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:23 am
uxb

Originally Posted by Canada freak
Requested status match on August 26, approved on September 5.

Reading the posts above I do fear my card will not arrive in time though. If so, will report whether or not lounge access with print-out was successful.
As I previously reported, I was able to do this successfully w/ the Turkish Airlines mobile app at the EWR RCC.

Cheers.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:23 pm

Requested on July 30, status match on July 31 (some 10 hours later!)
Tried access (Swiss) at PRG and GVA. Just BP with *G on it. PRG=no problem, GVA=no access without card
Old Sep 11, 2013, 7:52 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
I requested a status match, sent a PDF of my statement and a scan of my AC Super Elite card. I received the following request:

"In order to finalize your request we need to see the original/physical gold card copy.
Kindly resend your request with the related document. You may contact with Air Canada if you do not have a original card in your hand."

How exactly do I send them an original copy? Should I sent a photo of me holding it or perhaps a scan of the front and back of the card?
Old Sep 11, 2013, 7:56 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by seegs
I requested a status match, sent a PDF of my statement and a scan of my AC Super Elite card. I received the following request:

"In order to finalize your request we need to see the original/physical gold card copy.
Kindly resend your request with the related document. You may contact with Air Canada if you do not have a original card in your hand."

How exactly do I send them an original copy? Should I sent a photo of me holding it or perhaps a scan of the front and back of the card?
Yes, you should scan your card and send it to them. The front of the card should be enough !
Old Sep 11, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by KATERGOO
Yes, you should scan your card and send it to them. The front of the card should be enough !
I did twice and they are STILL asking for it. I'll scan both sides I guess and send it in the original size in a PDF!
Old Sep 11, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
It was no problem for me. Maybe your scan is not clear enough and they think it is a fake card ?
Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by uxb
As I previously reported, I was able to do this successfully w/ the Turkish Airlines mobile app at the EWR RCC.

Cheers.
Unfortunately the app is not available for BlackBerry OS10 yet
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by seegs
I did twice and they are STILL asking for it. I'll scan both sides I guess and send it in the original size in a PDF!
I took a picture holding my card, sent the JPG file and it worked. Might as well try that if you've sent a scan twice already.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 5:01 am

FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

Could someone please advise me what kind of statement from flying blue would be accepted for status match? I made a PDF from my online account and they would not accept it. I don't think I have receive any other kind of statement from Flying Blue.

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 12, 2013, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser
Could someone please advise me what kind of statement from flying blue would be accepted for status match? I made a PDF from my online account and they would not accept it. I don't think I have receive any other kind of statement from Flying Blue.

Thanks in advance
I printed a pdf of my FB online statement (changing the periode to the last 12 months) and it was accepted without a problem last week.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 4:09 am
uxb

Originally Posted by Airbus330
Good idea; let us know!
Here's their response:

Dear uxb,

Your Miles&Smiles membership card has been ordered again. Your card will be sent to your address after it has been published. You can use your membership number or temporary card until you receive your permanent card.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 10.30 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

Thank you for choosing Turkish Airlines on your flights.

Sincerely yours,

CUSTOMER CONTACT CENTER
Turkish Airlines Inc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.