Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Update 14 July 2013: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running smoothly again. TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the email address no longer works. The only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2013, 1:13 am

Programs: AA:EXP, GLD:A.Argen., Etihad; Turk SIL:UA, VS; HOT.GLD:ClubC, Loews, SPG; PL:Ritz, Hil, IHG, BtW., R
I sent them my august exp. Palt. AA statement (5 lfights, baout 7 or 8 K total) plus September statement (about 32K miles.) plus the exe. plat. card showing 3MM livtme miles and status already through 2/15. They said they sent out an elite card (gold alliance), they do no match to elite + , evern through the requirement for elite _ is 80K/year, 20 K les tha executive platinnum. They at first send they would not send a card until I had flight activity, then they said I shuld receive one w/i a month, or to call them. They seem very disorganized. Not overly polite and certinaly no thanks for your interest in flying on us.

Nevertheless, 2 yearrs of * allaince I guess is worth all the e-mails, faes and several phone calls to turkey. I thnk if I spoke turkish I might have ha d a better outcome (Elite +), but we will see waht comes in the next month.

It is upgraded to Elite in the online profile.

Very very difficult to deal with and yes they ask for things over and over again, at least that has been my experience.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 1:25 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by rodsren
I thnk if I spoke turkish I might have ha d a better outcome (Elite +), but we will see waht comes in the next month.
I don't think so, there has not been a single reported case of matching to elite+ so a lack of language skills is not relevant in this regard.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:07 pm

Programs: M&M 0*SEN (LH *G), TK *G, Accor Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Kanaman
My match from M&M SEN went through today, Oct. 20. I sent the request on Sep. 27. Did not get a reply via e-mail so far; just saw the change in status on the account.
... and today I received an e-mail confirming the new status and stating the kit has been sent.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:55 am

Programs: UA Platinum, TK Elite, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Avis First
Just another sample point. I applied for the match on Oct. 14 as a UA Platinum using a photo of my entire Platinum card package (card + luggage tags in the folio) and online copies of my last two Mileage Plus statements.

I just today (Oct. 22) received a reply that I was matched to Elite. So a quick turn around for me.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 12:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, IB Silver, TP Gold
more than 3weeks waiting

I apply on Status Match over 3 weeks and no in my Miles and Smiles account.

I am AA Executive Platinum thru 2014.

Today I sent a new request saying that I'm just waiting for the SM to buy my tickets to Europe and MiddleEast.

Wanna see...
Old Oct 26, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: Gold DL, Silver UA, Hyatt Platinum
I would like to match my Delta Gold to TK Elite. Is there a particular time frame to do this to get the maximum two years benefit on TK? As in: should I wait to do this till January 1, 2014 for instance?
Also: Delta Gold is matched to TK Elite?
Old Oct 26, 2013, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by qmiro
I would like to match my Delta Gold to TK Elite. Is there a particular time frame to do this to get the maximum two years benefit on TK? As in: should I wait to do this till January 1, 2014 for instance?
You can't get matched to anything higher than Elite/*G.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
No, you can do it any time. It will be matched for 2 years.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 11:51 pm

The only reason I would see for you to wait is if you have no plans on flying anywhere for a while. For example, if you thought you wouldn't fly until next summer, then gettting the status match right now would make you "waste" over 6 months of Gold status. On the other hand, no one knows until when TK will status match, so it's up to you to gamble on that or not.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: TK Elite, AC SE
Originally Posted by simd
The issue is that you cannot communicate directly with TK Miles and Smiles, especially regarding status matches. The only way to do it is via the online inquiries page, and when they do reply, it is frequently with a standard response like the one the OP describes.

I have been having the same issue trying to status match my wife's OZ Diamond account, and I have just kept sending the same information (which is exactly what they are asking for) in the hope that I will eventually receive a response which gives me a specific direction.
My wife's status match from OZ Diamond came through today - 26 days after mine from AC E50K was approved (on Oct 2nd). We both applied on Sept 26th; my application was seamless while hers took multiple sends of information.

Last edited by simd; Oct 28, 2013 at 9:12 am
Old Oct 28, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IB Silver, TP Gold
Thumbs up Just Match!

After a new ticket on CS on 26Oct, I just match on this morning.

"""Dear Mr DTCFlyer,

Elite card status match has been provided and your membership has been updated as '' Elite Card '' level.

We would like to be honoured to see you as an Elite member for your future flights by Turkish Airlines.

Your full kit has been sent

Kind Regards,
TURKISH AIRLINES INC.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS MANAGEMENT""""

----------

Originally Posted by DTCFlyer
I apply on Status Match over 3 weeks and no in my Miles and Smiles account.

I am AA Executive Platinum thru 2014.

Today I sent a new request saying that I'm just waiting for the SM to buy my tickets to Europe and MiddleEast.

Wanna see...
Old Nov 4, 2013, 3:16 am

Match or wait?

Hi all - I currently have United Gold through January 2014 and won't make it to Gold for next year. I also qualified this year for A3 Gold. I mainly fly Lufthansa and some Turkish. Should I just continue earning miles on A3 and wait to match or should I match now to Turkish so I don't risk them no longer matching A3?
Mainly use status for extra bags on flights from US.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Originally Posted by jonj
Hi all - I currently have United Gold through January 2014 and won't make it to Gold for next year. I also qualified this year for A3 Gold. I mainly fly Lufthansa and some Turkish. Should I just continue earning miles on A3 and wait to match or should I match now to Turkish so I don't risk them no longer matching A3?
Mainly use status for extra bags on flights from US.
Why bother? You have A3 Gold, that is way easier to maintain and upkeep that TK Gold or UA Gold.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iamaho
Why bother? You have A3 Gold, that is way easier to maintain and upkeep that TK Gold or UA Gold.
+1.

If you fly mainly with *A I would say that the A3 earning chart is slightly better than TK's.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Will they accept a digital copy of my Flying Blue Gold card does anyone know? I will be at Gold by year's end but probably won't have the gold card through the post immediately from AKFL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.