Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Update 14 July 2013: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running smoothly again. TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the email address no longer works. The only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2013, 8:27 pm

The status match is turning out largely irrelevant to me. I don't plan to be in IST any time soon, and I haven't received the card since being matched in July. I'm thinking about trying to figure out a way to credit some miles to TK to see if that moves the process along, but at this point I'm pessimistic.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
The status match is turning out largely irrelevant to me. I don't plan to be in IST any time soon, and I haven't received the card since being matched in July. I'm thinking about trying to figure out a way to credit some miles to TK to see if that moves the process along, but at this point I'm pessimistic.
Maybe you should contact them to let them know you haven't received your card yet. I sent them email once to get more luggage tags and they sent them very quickly, so "maybe" the mail is to blame for the delay in your case.

I forgot to add that I didn't have anything credited with TK at the time they sent me the extra luggage tags.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
No status match for me, but only because the web form simply doesn't work for me.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meli Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Hi.
Status match applied on Sep. 26th.

Since then every 3-4 days they send me mails asking again and again for:
"Please send us a coloured copy of your card and original statement copies for the past 2 month period"
I always send them what they want and 3-4 days later they ask for the same thing. Is it normal or am I doing sth wrong?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 9:30 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,9MM), WN
Originally Posted by Marcin83
Hi.
Status match applied on Sep. 26th.

Since then every 3-4 days they send me mails asking again and again for:

I always send them what they want and 3-4 days later they ask for the same thing. Is it normal or am I doing sth wrong?
Seeing how none of us are affiliated with TK, why don't you ask them?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 5:11 pm

Programs: TK Elite, AC SE
Originally Posted by uxb
Seeing how none of us are affiliated with TK, why don't you ask them?
The issue is that you cannot communicate directly with TK Miles and Smiles, especially regarding status matches. The only way to do it is via the online inquiries page, and when they do reply, it is frequently with a standard response like the one the OP describes.

I have been having the same issue trying to status match my wife's OZ Diamond account, and I have just kept sending the same information (which is exactly what they are asking for) in the hope that I will eventually receive a response which gives me a specific direction.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:21 pm
uxb

Originally Posted by simd
The issue is that you cannot communicate directly with TK Miles and Smiles, especially regarding status matches. The only way to do it is via the online inquiries page, and when they do reply, it is frequently with a standard response like the one the OP describes.

I have been having the same issue trying to status match my wife's OZ Diamond account, and I have just kept sending the same information (which is exactly what they are asking for) in the hope that I will eventually receive a response which gives me a specific direction.
Maybe the file you are sending them is too big, and getting rejected by the server.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:12 am

Programs: TK Elite, AC SE
Originally Posted by uxb
Maybe the file you are sending them is too big, and getting rejected by the server.
That is definitely not the case. I successfully matched my AC *G status but my wife's OZ status has yet to be matched. They were both submitted with virtually identical documentation, file sizes etc. on the same date, and my status was matched within a week, but my wife's keeps being sent back for resubmission of documents. The only difference between us is that my wife has very recent *G status (qualified in August) whereas mine is longer standing.

In case anyone is interested - the reason for this pattern of matching is that OZ appeared to be an easier *G qualification for the flying we were doing (higher earning in lower fare classes etc.) but the new AC rules prompted me to look for new programs in the future. I have already booked my first trip on TK and have at least 2, and possibly 3, more multiple long-hauls (using IST to connect between North America and Asia/Africa) planned within the next year - so TK have definitely gained a significant chunk of my travel by status matching me.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:35 am
uxb

Originally Posted by simd
That is definitely not the case. I successfully matched my AC *G status but my wife's OZ status has yet to be matched. They were both submitted with virtually identical documentation, file sizes etc. on the same date, and my status was matched within a week, but my wife's keeps being sent back for resubmission of documents. The only difference between us is that my wife has very recent *G status (qualified in August) whereas mine is longer standing.

In case anyone is interested - the reason for this pattern of matching is that OZ appeared to be an easier *G qualification for the flying we were doing (higher earning in lower fare classes etc.) but the new AC rules prompted me to look for new programs in the future. I have already booked my first trip on TK and have at least 2, and possibly 3, more multiple long-hauls (using IST to connect between North America and Asia/Africa) planned within the next year - so TK have definitely gained a significant chunk of my travel by status matching me.
Weird. Maybe your wife's new status is not showing up in their system just yet. Regardless, you should try asking what's going w/ her app under "demand," and "other." Also, when I say "you" I actually mean her. IME, I have found them to be pretty responsive to my queries, but maybe it is because I am directing them in Turkish. *shrugs* I just cannot get the damn membership card for the life of me. Easily fixed by going to their service centre at IST.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:17 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meli Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Just matched to Elite (applied on 26/09).
No mail so far (I have seen my new status in M&S webpage).
Old Oct 15, 2013, 1:18 am

Programs: AA:EXP, GLD:A.Argen., Etihad; Turk SIL:UA, VS; HOT.GLD:ClubC, Loews, SPG; PL:Ritz, Hil, IHG, BtW., R
I just had exactly the same experience.

Originally Posted by danblar
Tried a couple of times, however each time I get an email replying that I need to attach a scan of my card and statements, irrespective of the fact that I already did in all previous correspondence. Such a tiring process!

But it's worth the 2 years *G status, given that I won't be re-qualifying for NZ GE in 6 months.
My .pdf of the EXP card (front and back) and last 2 months statements (ever when reduced) were much larger than the max allowed (1 mg total for all files I think.) I sent probably 15 faxes (usually they failed), but finally today, about 8 weeks later, and calling Turkey-getting incorrect fax numbers, etc.-I WAS given a 2 year *G/Elite Miles and Smiles. I specifically asked for a less than match (Elite Plus) as that offered 2 upgrades internationally per year. I thought since the Elite + requirement was 80K/year and the EXP AA Emerald is 100K/yr., I was not asking for something out of this world. Apparently they thought so, or it was misprocessed. I would love to hear others experiences.

The other thing, it's great to have *A/Gold, but without the card you can't get (easily) into say TAM or COPA airlines lounges-very irritating. I may call them and ask if they have dispensed a card, or if they would please. Other experiences, like I said, would be most appreciated. I feel like I am speaking a different language as opposed to them.

I did notice I could purchase 50K miles for $1,000-which is not bad considering a "reduced" business class ticket is only 35,000 miles each way from North America-Istanbul. I would recommend this if someone wants to go to Istanbul and not burn up other (perhaps more valuable-to you) miles.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 3:53 am

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Originally Posted by rodsren
My .pdf of the EXP card (front and back) and last 2 months statements (ever when reduced) were much larger than the max allowed (1 mg total for all files I think.) I sent probably 15 faxes (usually they failed), but finally today, about 8 weeks later, and calling Turkey-getting incorrect fax numbers, etc.-I WAS given a 2 year *G/Elite Miles and Smiles. I specifically asked for a less than match (Elite Plus) as that offered 2 upgrades internationally per year. I thought since the Elite + requirement was 80K/year and the EXP AA Emerald is 100K/yr., I was not asking for something out of this world. Apparently they thought so, or it was misprocessed. I would love to hear others experiences.

The other thing, it's great to have *A/Gold, but without the card you can't get (easily) into say TAM or COPA airlines lounges-very irritating. I may call them and ask if they have dispensed a card, or if they would please. Other experiences, like I said, would be most appreciated. I feel like I am speaking a different language as opposed to them.

I did notice I could purchase 50K miles for $1,000-which is not bad considering a "reduced" business class ticket is only 35,000 miles each way from North America-Istanbul. I would recommend this if someone wants to go to Istanbul and not burn up other (perhaps more valuable-to you) miles.
50K mile purchase for only $1000? Please provide source of this information.

"36. Can I purchase Miles in order to issue an award ticket?

When there is insufficient amount of miles to issue an award ticket, for 25 Euro (VAT included) 1000 bonus miles can be bought from our website. Besides, with incrementals of 1000 miles, 10.000 miles can be bought every year.
Miles&Smiles members can only be able to buy their missing miles through our website www.milesandsmiles.com."
Source: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...les-and-smiles

Additionally, M&S will only match to their Elite product regardless of the status of the program that is being matched.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: TK Elite+(*G), UA*S, IHG Plat, Avis First
For anyone that is still waiting for the "mythical" Elite package in the mail, I was informed of my status match via email on Sept. 2nd and have been waiting for the Full Kit that was supposedly dispatched.

I did file the option for the replacement card after about a month, and also sent a few requests via the online form to TK to get some sort of status.

I finally broke down and called customer service yesterday (10/15) and was told that a request was put through on 10/14 for a card to be sent out and it will take approximately 2-6 weeks to receive in the mail.

For for anyone that is still waiting on a kit and it's exceeded 6 weeks or so, I'd probably recommend giving them a call to get it going.

I'm just wondering, has anyone actually received a physical kit in the mail within the past 3-4 months? It seems most folks who did actually get one was much earlier in the year.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 4:31 am

Programs: M&M 0*SEN (LH *G), TK *G, Accor Silver, HHonors Gold
My match from M&M SEN went through today, Oct. 20. I sent the request on Sep. 27. Did not get a reply via e-mail so far; just saw the change in status on the account.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:41 am

Programs: TK Elite+(*G), UA*S, IHG Plat, Avis First
For anyone interested and still waiting for a card, I got this response this morning from an inquiry I submitted a couple of weeks ago online:

---
Kindly be advised that the usual delivery time should be between 4-6 weeks. Some of the cards that we send out are not being delivered we are currently looking in to the matter.

If you have an upcoming flight in the near future please contact our card stand inside Atatrk airport and collect your card,

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 10.30 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.
Thank you for choosing Turkish Airlines on your flights.
Sincerely yours,

CUSTOMER CONTACT CENTER
Turkish Airlines Inc.
---

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.