Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Update 14 July 2013: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running smoothly again. TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the email address no longer works. The only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2013, 8:05 pm
k2o

Programs: UA 1K, DL Dia.,AA Plat, Hilton Dia,Bonvoy T
Matched! Applied in January based on my UA 1k, didn't hear anything back. Then in April had several requests to resubmit copies of my card and/or statement. I must have sent them 5 times, 3 of this this past week alone (!) This am I get an email with a status match!
(averycampbell you're so lucky to have such an easy experience!)

Last edited by k2o; May 16, 2013 at 8:07 pm Reason: sp
Old May 17, 2013, 2:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold,HHonours Diamond,SPG Plat,Carlson Gold,Accor Plat,Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by craigs1973
I took a flight in early April and applied on board to join Miles&Smiles - got temporary card and TK number, but no card / welcome back yet.

I used the form and TK number to see if they will status match my FlyingBlue Gold card today.

Will see what response I get and post.
Got a mail today asking for card and statement, resent via web-form. Lets see what happens.
Old May 17, 2013, 5:56 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Got the match today!

I initially applied on 13 March, provided additional info (pic of card and statement) as requested on 12 April. All in all a little over 2 months to get approved.

FYI - I've seen some US Airways flyers upthread who have had some trouble getting the match. For my statement, I sent in a pic of my "Welcome to Gold" packet that my card came in, as it shows my address on it. I wasn't sure if they'd accept it or not, but I didn't have any trouble going this route.
Old May 17, 2013, 1:32 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Got an email that only STE, *G and OW Emerald can be matched. I tried with Gulfair Gold.
Old May 17, 2013, 2:19 pm

Applied for hubby - QF platinum - in early March, but have heard nothing!
Old May 17, 2013, 3:45 pm

Matched as well!
Took about 5 days, 4 mails and 3 attachments... Finally TK Elite till 04/2015! Matched from FB Gold
Well done TK 👏
Old May 18, 2013, 1:32 am

Programs: AB/OW-Sapphire, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
The Online Form is down/not loading. Anyone also have Problems to use it?
wengli
Old May 18, 2013, 1:35 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum

Yep .
Old May 18, 2013, 1:37 am

Programs: AB/OW-Sapphire, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
is there any working email instead of the form?
Old May 18, 2013, 1:38 am

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Originally Posted by wengli
is there any working email instead of the form?
No. Online form is your only option. Welcome to TK.
Old May 18, 2013, 10:22 am

Programs: UX FB Gold, TK*G
Today I get an email from TK regarding my status match request. They ask me to send a copy of my statement and my gold card.

I sent them in the first email...

The online form seens not to be so reliable...
Old May 18, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ikermadrid
Today I get an email from TK regarding my status match request. They ask me to send a copy of my statement and my gold card.

I sent them in the first email...

The online form seens not to be so reliable...
Either that or they automatically request it again after you initially ask for the match. Seeing the many reports in this thread, it doesn't appear that many get approved right away. It's a pain, but worth two years of free *G status.
Old May 19, 2013, 6:54 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Must be one of the lucky ones. Sent status match request via on line form (Qantas Platinum-OWE) 6/5/13, received email 9/5/13 matched to Elite Status until 31/5/15.
Old May 20, 2013, 9:02 pm

Programs: US CP, IHG PC Platinum Ambassador, HHonors Gold, SPG, A-Club
Initially applied Feb 4, 2013 Delta Gold and US Chairman. Reapplied Mar 4, 2013. Message acknowledged Mar 5, 2013.
Request for more information April 1, 2013.
M&S Elite status granted May 15, 2013. Website updated.
No card received. Do not give up hope!
Old May 21, 2013, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iahphx
Hmmm. It's definitely odd. I filled out the forms for both myself and my wife (we're both UA 1Ks) many weeks ago and they then asked for 2013 documentation. I emailed them a copy of our new cards, and my wife got an approval email and her card in the mail this weekend -- and I still have nothing! I'm wondering if I should just start again, or send another follow up email.
Hooray! Just when I thought I'd better start the process from scratch, I got the status match email. Now I just need them to send the card.

I'm flying UA domestic later this week. If I print out a copy of my TK elite card online, will they likely take it at the UA lounge? Also, I see that under the official Star Alliance terms, an elite card from a member airline only gets me one guest. If I have two kids with me, are they likely to let us all in? I know that if I had a United Club card, I could bring my family in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.