Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Update 14 July 2013: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running smoothly again. TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the email address no longer works. The only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2013, 8:49 pm

Programs: NZ*G, TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels AdvantagePlus Platinum
Just thought that I would post a follow up -

As posted earlier, I applied for a TK status match on 22/01/2013 and this was approved on 29/03/2013.

Last week on Fri 19/04/2013 I received by welcome pack from TK along with my new TK*G "elite" card, welcome letter and baggage tags.

I'm not sure if distance from Turkey played a part in the length of time it took for the card to arrive in NZ (pretty much the other side of the World), but for those still waiting after receiving notification that your status has been approved, it's likely coming...
Old Apr 29, 2013, 10:57 pm
Suspended

Status match on TK

Hello
I just read that TK is still offering status match.
I'm a CX dia,one MPO - highest hire = oneworld emerald.

Just wondered is there a new email address I can send the status match to as the old address is not working.

Thanks
Old May 1, 2013, 10:38 am
Suspended

I tried using the online form but it doesn't work. Just wondered how did everyone apply?
Old May 1, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by correctioncx
I tried using the online form but it doesn't work. Just wondered how did everyone apply?
Online, which eventually worked for me. The application process was not the problem, TK's initial response was.

Johan
Old May 3, 2013, 1:10 am

Programs: SPG Plat Lifetime, CX Diamond, LH SEN, TK Elite / *A Gold
Applied for the status match like described here in mid March and got the mail for successful upgrade on 10. April and the Elite card package (more an envelope) was waiting at home when I returned after a six week trip.

I matched a LH Senator / *A Gold card. So it still seems possible and with under 4 weeks even quite fast in response time. Roughly in this period (maybe shortly after the 'card upgrade') I came also to the necessary mile level on my own just with flights on TK. Regarding the individual times I doubt that had something to do with it - even though there were booked and visible for someone who were handling the process.

Inquiry:
The expiry date on the M&S Elite card matches the card I was matching from LH SEN M&M. Coincidence (would make sense as 03/15) or intended?
Old May 3, 2013, 6:21 am

Programs: TK*G, FBG
I suppose it was not intended, as I matched to TK Elite with my FBG status(which expires 04/14)and the TK status expires 04/15.
Old May 3, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
TK Elite is always 2 years, so it's correct.
Old May 3, 2013, 8:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold,HHonours Diamond,SPG Plat,Carlson Gold,Accor Plat,Etihad Gold
Just applied for TK Status Match

I took a flight in early April and applied on board to join Miles&Smiles - got temporary card and TK number, but no card / welcome back yet.

I used the form and TK number to see if they will status match my FlyingBlue Gold card today.

Will see what response I get and post.
Old May 3, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: EB Diamond - QR Gold - FB Silver
Originally Posted by craigs1973
I took a flight in early April and applied on board to join Miles&Smiles - got temporary card and TK number, but no card / welcome back yet.

I used the form and TK number to see if they will status match my FlyingBlue Gold card today.

Will see what response I get and post.

I also tried to apply today with the online form. But, I have no idea if it was working or not. Did you get some kind of confirmation? For me it just reset everything I just filled in when I hit the "send" button. Difficult to know if it was sent or not.....
Old May 3, 2013, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got two Elite packs in the mail today, so now I have twin Gold cards and four Gold luggage tags.

One can't have too many cards, I suppose.

Johan
Old May 6, 2013, 12:13 am

Programs: QF LTS, TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Success. Two weeks after I've applied, I was matched to TK Elite status as a QF Platinum/oneworld emerald.
The expiry date is 2 year from now, April 2015 - although my QF Platinum status holds only until July 2014.

Correction: It is valid for 2 years, not 1 year. Thanks to johhenrik for bringing me back from my time travel

Last edited by gypsyinabigtown; May 6, 2013 at 1:34 am Reason: Typo
Old May 6, 2013, 12:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Well, unless you wrote this in the future, it is still 2013 here...
Old May 6, 2013, 1:35 am

Programs: QF LTS, TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by johhenrik
Well, unless you wrote this in the future, it is still 2013 here...
Oops, you're right!
I corrected the original message to prevent confusion as well. Thanks!
Old May 6, 2013, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by aboerr
Did you get some kind of confirmation? For me it just reset everything I just filled in when I hit the "send" button. Difficult to know if it was sent or not.....
You will receive an email with a TK reference No. if successfully sent.

It appears that you should try again.
Old May 6, 2013, 2:39 am

Programs: SPG Plat Lifetime, CX Diamond, LH SEN, TK Elite / *A Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
You will receive an email with a TK reference No. if successfully sent.

It appears that you should try again.
As far as I remember, I did not get an email with reference No. - but the status match four weeks later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.