Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Update 14 July 2013: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running smoothly again. TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the email address no longer works. The only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2013, 10:09 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Welcome to FT and the TK forum fantayapar ^

As far as I know TK are the only ones accepting *A member for a status match.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: TK Gold
Thanks for your quick reply Really great forum.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 4:26 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Also had a reply asking me to resubmit application via a link...also told that electronic BA statement doesn't work and need my name on it but I have no choice really (never had a paper statement and BA dont seem to send me email statements anymore) so will try again once more with a cover note. Strange as the account page on ba.com does include my name...

Close to giving up!
Old Apr 14, 2013, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Agreed, no consistency to TK match. They will match my UA status but not my BA status...very odd.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 9:08 pm

Programs: TK*G, A3*G, TG*S
Originally Posted by JohnnyUMF
Agreed, no consistency to TK match. They will match my UA status but not my BA status...very odd.
Because BA is not a *A member?
Old Apr 15, 2013, 12:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by piyabute
Because BA is not a *A member?
Which makes no sense... BA competes on many routes with TK and status is based on fares/points rather than accumulating miles from cheap flights like most US based airlines, yet TK will not consider.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 3:55 am

Programs: QF OWE, NZ EP, Le Club Gold, HH Silver
I have been trying to get a status match with Turkish Airlines since the beginning of January. I originally tried to get them to match me at my Skywards Gold level, but this is apparently not possible. I then tried to get them to match me at my Flying Blue Gold level and they have been slowly asking me for different documents in different formats over the past few months. A copy of my membership statements, then the last two membership statements, a copy of my card (I used a screenshot because I had just qualified and didn't have the card yet), they then asked for a copy of the actual card, which I have now received and I have just now sent through. I am flying with Egypt Air (Star Alliance) in about 4 days, so if by some miracle they confirm the status match by then is there any way I can print a copy of my Miles and Smiles card from an online page and use that to get into a Star Alliance lounge in AMS? This new online customer service portal they are using is really clunky.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 3:59 am

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Perk
... I am flying with Egypt Air (Star Alliance) in about 4 days, so if by some miracle they confirm the status match by then is there any way I can print a copy of my Miles and Smiles card from an online page and use that to get into a Star Alliance lounge in AMS? ...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty sure there is no *A lounge anymore in AMS, only Menzies, available to Business & First only.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 4:26 am

Programs: QF OWE, NZ EP, Le Club Gold, HH Silver
On the *A lounge finder site, the Servisair intercontinental lounge is available for EgyptAir and TK flyers, would I not be able to use this lounge?
Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:36 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
match offer

hi,

today i received the offer for tk status match.
applied in january!

dp
Old Apr 15, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: SK, LH, BA, AF
Almost there...

Hi,

On 19 March, applied for a status match from SK EB Gold.
First I only sent a screen shot (as PDF) of the first page on my EB account.
It shows my status, card, miles in total, and miles to date in my current re-qualification year.
On 12 April, I received a mail, asking for a copy of my gold card. Sent a PDF of my card the same day.
On 15 April (today), received a mail confirming the status match to M&S Elite, and the M&S account is updated as well.
Just have to wait for the card to show up now...then book a trip or two...

THammer
Old Apr 15, 2013, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perseverance pays off.

"Dear Johan Rebel,

Referring to your e-mail message dated 14.04.2013 , Elite card status match has been provided and your membership has been updated as '' Elite Card '' level.

We would like to be honoured to see you as an Elite member for your future flights by Turkish Airlines.

Your full kit has been sent.

Kind Regards,
TURKISH AIRLINES INC.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS MANAGEMENT
"

Online account updated too.

Much obliged!

Now for the missing miles . . .
Old Apr 15, 2013, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Partner and I applied on April 1, 2013.
Got the automated reply, demanding more information on April 12. Resubmitted information on April 12.
Partner got matched April 15. I am still waiting. Resubmitted my information again April 15.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Perseverance pays off.

"Dear Johan Rebel,

Referring to your e-mail message dated 14.04.2013 , Elite card status match has been provided and your membership has been updated as '' Elite Card '' level.

We would like to be honoured to see you as an Elite member for your future flights by Turkish Airlines.

Your full kit has been sent.

Kind Regards,
TURKISH AIRLINES INC.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS MANAGEMENT
"

Online account updated too.

Much obliged!

Now for the missing miles . . .
Congratulations! What additional documents did you send to show expiry of card after 4/13?
Old Apr 15, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by iamaho
Partner and I applied on April 1, 2013.
Got the automated reply, demanding more information on April 12. Resubmitted information on April 12.
Partner got matched April 15. I am still waiting. Resubmitted my information again April 15.
Which options are people selecting in the web email form to submit their status match requests? It now seems that people who submitted after my latest one are getting replies, but I haven't heard anything in regard to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.