Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Update 14 July 2013: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running smoothly again. TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the email address no longer works. The only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Applied 02/20. They sent email saying your card expired 4/13 (which is still valid)....need to send a new one now...
Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:55 am

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Originally Posted by starflyergold
I think they mean a picture of the actual shiny card, rather than a screenshot of your account statement indicating status. Then again I might be wrong, but I can't imagine they want your plastic through the post.
I did send them a scanned photo of the actual card. Also electronic statement from Air Canada (as AC does not give paper statements anymore). Their email reply was as convoluted as can be. Asking for things that they already have. I sure as hell wasn't putting my actual card in the mail, but that's not exactly what they asked for either, because in the email, they only gave the webpage link to send the information to, so they didn't want the physical card.

Called the Turkish Customer Care Center, and the representative said that he can see all the information needed (including the full name on the electronic statement), and didn't know why their Status Match team sent this email. He said, just send the information again and wait.
Pain in the butt, but it is just another email, so I am OK with that.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by iamaho
I did send them a scanned photo of the actual card. Also electronic statement from Air Canada (as AC does not give paper statements anymore). Their email reply was as convoluted as can be. Asking for things that they already have. I sure as hell wasn't putting my actual card in the mail, but that's not exactly what they asked for either, because in the email, they only gave the webpage link to send the information to, so they didn't want the physical card.

Called the Turkish Customer Care Center, and the representative said that he can see all the information needed (including the full name on the electronic statement), and didn't know why their Status Match team sent this email. He said, just send the information again and wait.
Pain in the butt, but it is just another email, so I am OK with that.
Yeah, they are putting me through the ringer as well. They want a statement with "my full name," but the one I sent had my full name.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, TK M&S Elite
Received this today, looks like I am scanning a passport:

Dear Shawn Xxxxx XXXXX,

We have received your e-mail message dated 23.03.2013

Since the names are different w kindly need to ask for you to send us a passport copy in order to finalize your request.

In order to evaluate your request about Gold membership status match, we would like you to send the copy of your Gold memberhsip card together with the copy of your membership statement by using the link below;

http://www4.thy.com/customercontact/?lang=en

Thank you for choosing Turkish Airlines on your flights.

Kind Regards,
TURKISH AIRLINES INC.
Customer Contact Center
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Got my M&S Elite Card in the mail today. Looking nice and shinier than expected (which comes handy at priority boarding)
Old Apr 11, 2013, 1:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, working on OZ Diamond, previously AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP75
Originally Posted by LH4116
Got my M&S Elite Card in the mail today. Looking nice and shinier than expected (which comes handy at priority boarding)
LH4116 when were you notified of the match and where r u located?
Old Apr 11, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UAConcorde
LH4116 when were you notified of the match and where r u located?
I got notified by e-mail that the match had been made. Account was updated on March 22, and the card arrived today on April 11.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
I got this email from them after 1 week. I do not have paper statements from BA, what to do?

We apologize that we cannot accept the electronic version of your statement. Could you please send the original statement which shows your full name on it.

In order to evaluate your request about Gold membership status match, we would like you to send the copy of your Gold memberhsip card together with the copy of your membership statement by using the link below;

http://www4.thy.com/customercontact/?lang=en

Thank you for choosing Turkish Airlines on your flights.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adonissk
I got this email from them after 1 week. I do not have paper statements from BA, what to do?
Good question!

I've sent them scans of statements and scans of top-tier elite cards in two programs, and I today I got exactly the same standard cut & paste reply you did! Did they even look at, let alone read, the information I submitted?

I do not know of any program that sends out paper statements, and that includes M&S.

Guess I should just give up, this is going nowhere.

Johan
Old Apr 12, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: UA MM, UA Gold
The status match from Gold on any other Star airline to Turkish Gold still works. Got the email from them today that they upgraded my account to Star Gold on the Turkish side (checked my account online and it's true), now just awaiting my card.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Data point: I applied on 13 March to match to US Gold, at that time I hadn't yet received my US card (still haven't for that matter), and send a copy of the card from the US website. I received an email today asking for an actual copy of my card and mileage statement. I'll send those in just as soon as my US card arrives.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by hobo13
Applied March 24. Got email confirmation of match today. Says my Elite card will be mailed.

Compared to other reports in this thread, this seems FAST.
Maybe they have cleared out some of the backlog. I think there was a slowdown at the start of the year with them trying not to match status that was expiring in early 2013. I sent my DL PM credentials in early January and was contacted in late March telling me that my DL card had expired and to send an updated one. (I didn't have my DL card valid through Feb 2014 when I applied for the match.) I'm really hopeful that I'll get something in the next couple of weeks. I'm going to NZ in a month and will have several domestic flights on NZ where I could really use the *G baggage allowance for carry-on.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 8:37 am

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
Talking

Looks like it indeed still works for KLM Flying Blue Gold, just got matched! Elite through 03/2015

Applied through the website 14/03 and then updated my request 10/04. Just checked my account and it was updated to Elite yesterday, but did not receive any email from TK.

I submitted a screenshot of my statement (so not a scanned version of the paper one as TK have asked others) and a photograph of my FB Gold card.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bobdh13
Looks like it indeed still works for KLM Flying Blue Gold, just got matched! Elite through 03/2015
Congratulations.

Your success has inspired me to try again, for the fourth time, I think. I did include a scanned of the printed statement (well, I "printed" it directly to PDF) this time, maybe that will do the trick?

The online form actually recognized my feedback number this time, which is a step in the right direction.

Johan
Old Apr 14, 2013, 10:06 am

Programs: TK Gold
Is there more *A partner which accepts status match like Miles and Smiles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.