Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Update 14 July 2013: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running smoothly again. TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the email address no longer works. The only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2013, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by hw807
OMG

I waited close to month to hear from Tk....but that this might be the reason

why there's nothing happens....
I did about the same, but worse!

I was going to send everything in August, but then waited and waited until October, but then procrastinated again until about 2 weeks ago. I can only blame myself. Well, anyway, I sent everything (twice!), so if anything good comes out of it I'll post about it.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:18 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by dimmedlights
perhaps, speculation is that LH will become the largest shareholder of TK.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:36 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Damn, that's a shame. Especially for us who really had the intention of keeping Gold with Turkish. Thanks a lot US Domestic freeloaders...
Old Jan 17, 2013, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Just got my Elite package today with card and luggage tags. Status match email on December 4, 2012. Packet received January 17, 2013. Two actual TK flights credited, but don't think that matters.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
I have just applied regardless (looking to match my Oneworld Emerald). I do actually intend to fly on *A a few times this year and I would expect to credit to this account rather than freeload, more for getting the lounge access and other benefits straight up when I do so. Let's see, wont have lost anything if its a no.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 9:36 am

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP
applied on 3rd Jan 2013. so far no word from them whatsoever...
Old Jan 30, 2013, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Happy to find this thread. Still waiting after 2 weeks, guess I should be patient. As a 1K this isn't critical to me but would be nice to have United Club access for my domestic flights within the USA.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 4:08 am

Unfortunately, no one has posted anything saying they got the status match recently, so I guess it's true they no longer do it. I'm still checking my account every now and then, though, just hoping. . .
Old Feb 1, 2013, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by erik19283
Unfortunately, no one has posted anything saying they got the status match recently, so I guess it's true they no longer do it.
You are most likely right, I haven't heard a thing. A short e-mail explaining that this is no longer offered would have been politer than just silence.

Johan
Old Feb 2, 2013, 12:46 am

Chased mine up by email - been two months - and now the thy.com email isn't in use - so have chased up via web query on the site - not holding my breath!
Old Feb 2, 2013, 3:47 am

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
What I would really recommend to all of you waiting for a reply: Just call them and ask!
Like every call center, it's a bit of hit and miss, but after 2-3 trys you should get an answer.
At least TK Callcenter in IST is not as worse als LHs...
Old Feb 2, 2013, 3:48 am

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
Originally Posted by abaheti
Just got my Elite package today with card and luggage tags. Status match email on December 4, 2012. Packet received January 17, 2013. Two actual TK flights credited, but don't think that matters.
Flights don't matter, I received my package before even one flight was credited.
What do you think of the baggage tags? The cheapest I have encountered so far
Old Feb 2, 2013, 3:51 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by nighthawkrs
The cheapest I have encountered so far
Yup, but unbreakable
Old Feb 2, 2013, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Yup, but unbreakable
Well... TK did so on my first flight
Old Feb 2, 2013, 1:26 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I do believe this offer is dead (Star Gold Match)

I do believe this offer is dead (Star Gold Match):

I have recently applied twice without any success. I had previously travelled on TK through IST in 2011, and recently travelled to Dubai and the Maldives in the last year on UA and Etihad (showing a demonstrated pattern of travel in the area). I applied with Aeroplan Star Gold Status and copies of my account and boarding passes for Etihad, United etc...

1. Applied via email on December 11, 2012. No answer.
2. Applied via email on January 13, 2013. No answer.
3. Attempted to have my email PIN reset by email on January 17, 2013. No answer.
4. Received my account statement by email on January 29, 2013 which still shows at base Classic level.

I haven't received any message or email suggesting an upgrade similar to other successful applicants.

I do fear that the deal is dead.

Last edited by worldtraveller73; Feb 2, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.