Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Update 14 July 2013: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running smoothly again. TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the email address no longer works. The only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2013, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Someone should make a calendar of when they got their status match e-mails, I wonder when TK checks their mail.. Once a week?
Old May 22, 2013, 12:18 am

last in first out

just startet the process for my girlfriend, lets see how long it takes..
Old May 22, 2013, 2:13 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)

I'm getting quicker responses (days instead of weeks) now.
Old May 22, 2013, 3:30 am

Programs: UX FB Gold, TK*G
Originally Posted by no2chem
Someone should make a calendar of when they got their status match e-mails, I wonder when TK checks their mail.. Once a week?
I applied 9th May. I have a response requesting my statement on 18 May. I submitted the statemt 2 days ago.
Old May 22, 2013, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Once you're approved for the status match, is there no way to print a temporary card? I've got some domestic UA flights later this week, and would like to use the card for lounge access.

BTW, is there any way my Turkish status would pop up on a UA airport terminal, so they could confirm my status? And, if so, how often is that information updated?
Old May 22, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Re-applied May 6th, was asked to provided additional details, which I did and I was matched today. Usually it took 2-3 days for them to answer, but longer to me due to being busy to reply.

Anyone else had issues uploading files when replying to previous message? I had to use "new message" each time and then there was no issue with uploads.
Old May 22, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Big problem! Still issues with upload :-((
Old May 24, 2013, 3:53 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL, HH Diamond & some others
Applied in March, lots of back and forth emails, giving TK exactly what they wanted, then had to start again using the online forms.

From there took a few weeks, got a reply, please upload copy of BA gold card and recent statement, did that, 2 days later got confirmation of status match for 2 years.

Worth persevering with.
Old May 24, 2013, 4:47 am

Programs: UX FB Gold, TK*G
Originally Posted by ikermadrid
I applied 9th May. I have a response requesting my statement on 18 May. I submitted the statemt 2 days ago.
I have been status mached today.

I think that less than one month to the process is reasonably.

now, how many take takes the card shipping?, I have several flights in July with LH and without the card no entry allowed to LH lounges...
Old May 24, 2013, 5:58 am

Programs: M&M FTL, A-Club Platinum, HH Gold, FB Silver, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, BW Rewards Diamond
Will they do matching for US Airways - Chairman member without statement, just scan card?
Old May 24, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Well they now reply every two days but every time they ask for more info! I think I have provided enough by now.
Old May 24, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I applied via the website on May 20, including a picture of my BA Gold card and a pdf of my BAEC statement from the website. Got match confirmation email on May 24.
Old May 24, 2013, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Well they now reply every two days but every time they ask for more info! I think I have provided enough by now.
I had exactly the same problem initially, but it all came right in the end. A bit of persistence should do the trick.

Johan
Old May 25, 2013, 11:11 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Aston Martin
Will they do matching for US Airways - Chairman member without statement, just scan card?
No - scan of the card and statement from usairways.com are required.
Old May 28, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: AA-PLT, DL-SLV, JL-SAPPHIRE, Hyatt Diamond, *wood Gold
Originally Posted by FabBKK
Big problem! Still issues with upload :-((
Their website has restrictions that only up to 1mb of upload is allowed. If you are scanning the document and card as photo pictures, there is no way total would be less than 1mb. You might want to scan the documents in black and white.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.