Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2020, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by jrl767
I flew an Allegheny One-Eleven on both of these segments in the 1974-75 timeframe, but I'm not sure they strung them together on a single flight with CVG at the end ... how about Cleveland (CLE) and Dayton (DAY)
And I once flew an Allegheny 111 into CVG from ALB on an ALB-CLE-CMH-CVG routing. Let's go with that, i.e. BUF-CLE-CMH-CVG
Old Apr 28, 2020, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Cool

I flew an Allegheny One-Eleven on both of these segments in the 1974-75 timeframe, but I'm not sure they strung them together on a single flight with CVG at the end ... how about Cleveland (CLE) and Dayton (DAY)
You got the first stop correct, however the second one was closer to Cleveland
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
And I once flew an Allegheny 111 into CVG from ALB on an ALB-CLE-CMH-CVG routing. Let's go with that, i.e. BUF-CLE-CMH-CVG
As someone on here says a lot: Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner

US 487 departed Buffalo at 9:26
Stopped in CLE 10:14 to 10:29
Stopped in CMF 11:04 to 11:16
Arrived in CIN at 11:50

These milk runs sure had a very short turn around at each stop.

I guess I need to go back and do more research to stump the great crowd here. I will submit new questions after the great Seat 2A is finished with his new set.

Old Apr 28, 2020, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by teddybear99
I guess I need to go back and do more research to stump the great crowd here. I will submit new questions after the great Seat 2A is finished with his new set.
Including yourself, our core players are a pretty savvy group when it comes to schedules. (I assume we're all submitting our best educated guesses from memory as opposed to running off to check our schedules or on the internet) Some of us collect schedules, others like me consider a 40 year old copy of an OAG a good night's read. I typically submit 25-30 questions at a time and about 60% get correctly gobbled up right away.

I thought your questions were great - intelligent and nicely formatted. I can't speak for others but for me part of the fun is typing up these scenarios. In so doing I'm probably entertaining myself more than any of you but at the same time the scenarios I present - and I'm sure the same can be said for jlemon and jrl767 - are flavored by real life experience in both everyday life and time spent flying over 5.5 million miles.

Like I said earlier, I'm sure I speak for us all when I say we look forward to more questions from you.

Last edited by Seat 2A; Apr 28, 2020 at 11:19 pm
Old Apr 28, 2020, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well alrighty then - moving right along, here's another batch of schedule oriented questions (Questions about airline/aircraft history and the like will take a bit longer for to research and formulate. Bear with me, please... It was all I could do to get through 10th grade.) In this batch I'm all over the spectrum time wise, from 1970 to 2003, all the better to keep you somewhat off-balance. Hope you enjoy...

As always, please limit your response to no more than two questions per day so that all may participate. And as always, we are looking for complete answers here. Thanks!

1. (1989) You love to scuba dive, especially in the Caymans. Indeed, the Grand Cayman wall is considered by many to be one of the best dive destinations in the world! From your home on Long Island, NY the only downside to having to travel to or from the Caymans is having to connect through that third world hellhole masquerading as an airport in Miami. Thankfully one airline has finally seen fit to offer a direct one stop flight from the Caymans to JFK. Identify that airline, the equipment it uses for this flight and of course the enroute stop.
A N S W E R E D

2. (1985) You’ve had a great weekend in Orlando, FL but before you can return home to Mississippi you first need to attend to some business up in White Plains, NY. Though you were expecting to fly into LaGuardia and rent a car, you’re surprised to find that one airline offers a one stop direct flight to nearby Westchester County Airport that departs Orlando every afternoon except Saturday. Perfect. Identify the airline, the aircraft and the enroute stop.

3. (1985) With your business in White Plains completed, it’s time to return home to Jackson, Mississippi. What’s that they say about when you die and go to heaven, you’ll probably connect in Atlanta? Hartsfield sometimes feels like a second home, and not always a happy home at that. Imagine then your surprise and delight to discover a three stop direct flight from White Plains straight through to Jackson. First Class is available and dinner will be served along the way. Name the airline, the aircraft and the two stops in order please.

4. (1995) To your great disappointment, your son has signed a letter of intent to play for the University of Florida Gators next year, not your beloved Nittany Lions of Penn State. On a positive note, at least there’s a direct one stop flight from your home outside Wilkes-Barre, PA straight down to the Gainesville, Florida airport. Identify the airline, aircraft and the intermediate stop.

5. Based upon the visual clues in this photo, can you identify the aircraft and the airline that operates it?

6. (1970) Identify each of the state capitols that did not have any jet service in 1970
In Progress. See post 18582 for latest update

7. (1988) You get around more than most people in your home state of Maine. Indeed, Arkansas is the only state you haven’t yet been to, so when business calls in the form of a sales appointment in Little Rock, you couldn’t be happier. Wrong! You are happier upon discovering a three-stop direct flight departing Bangor each morning. Better yet, it offers First Class! Book it, Danno! Identify the airline, aircraft and the three enroute stops in order.

8. (1979) You’ve spent the afternoon testifying in front of the House Subcommittee on Transportation and have just received a call from your office informing you that you need to be in Toledo, Ohio for a morning meeting with executives from American Motors Corporation. Your pocket flight guide indicates that the DCA-TOL market just happens to be served by a single nonstop flight departing out of National every evening at 700p. You quickly book a seat and then head down to the Metro for the short ride out to National. Identify the airline and aircraft you’ll be flying upon.

9. (1979) Your meeting in Toledo went well and now, with nothing pressing on your engagement calendar for the upcoming weekend, why not head on out to Las Vegas to decompress by the poolside bar at the Tropicana? As luck would have it, there’s a single daily three-stop direct flight departing Toledo tomorrow morning. Breakfast and a snack will be served along the way. Name the airline, the aircraft and the three enroute stops in order.

10. (1998) You need to fly from Indianapolis to Orlando. Due to some recently discovered circulatory problems in your left leg, your doctor has advised you to either avoid flying or, if you must, fly First Class. Well then, First Class it is. Your hometown airline – American Trans Air – does offer a daily nonstop but alas, no First Class. Same goes for Southwest which also offers a daily nonstop. Well dang! Hey! What’s this?! There are two additional airlines that also offer a single nonstop flight between Indy and Orlando and both of those flights offer First Class. Each airline operates a different aircraft type. Identify both airlines and the equipment each uses for these flights.

11. Based upon the visual clues in this photo, can you identify the aircraft and the airline that operates it?

12. (1985) This is the year you finally take the family to Disney World! Disneyland is closer to your home in Portland, Oregon but Orlando also offers SeaWorld, Baseball World and Circus World. Though it’s always a challenge flying anywhere with three young children, you’re pleased to discover that between Portland and Orlando there’s a single daily one stop direct flight. Identify the airline, aircraft and enroute stops.
Routing via DEN verified. Not UA or Frontier Horizon

13. (1985) While the wife and kids fly back home to Portland, you’ve got business in Cleveland. From your days of living in Cleveland, you recall that United is probably the airline to call. Indeed, UA does offer a nonstop from Orlando up to Cleveland but the timing doesn’t work. Thankfully, a different airline now also offers a daily nonstop flight between MCO and CLE, and the timing couldn’t be better. Book it, Danno! Identify the airline and aircraft you’ll be flying up to Cleveland.

14. (1995) Although New York City’s three major airports are well served by flights to and from San Juan, PR, the same cannot be said for its outlying airports in White Plains and Newburgh. There are no nonstop or direct flights out of White Plains to anywhere in the Caribbean. Thankfully, Newburgh has one twice weekly one stop direct flight to and from San Juan. That’ll work. Now you can tell your housekeeper Rosa that as a token of your appreciation for all her hard work, you’ll be sending her home to San Juan for a visit with her family. Identify the airline, aircraft and enroute stop for the relevant flight out of Newburgh.

15. (1979) You’re now in Dallas and need to get to Milwaukee for a breakfast conference tomorrow morning. You imagine there should be a good variety of nonstops but are surprised to find mostly multi-stop flights with only a single nonstop that departs DFW in the early evening. That’ll work! Which airline and aircraft type will you be flying upon?
It's not Midwest Express

16. (1979) (The jlemon special) From Milwaukee you’re off to Denver. Unfortunately, the three nonstop flights are all sold out, probably due to Gart Brothers’ huge annual Sniagrab Sale. (For those who don’t know, Sniagrab = Bargains spelled backwards. It’s one of the country’s largest winter sports equipment sales). Thankfully, there are three seats still available aboard a four-stop direct flight departing Milwaukee this afternoon. On a positive note, this’ll be a good opportunity to make inroads into your dog-eared copy of Tolstoy’s War And Peace, so there is that. Identify the airline and aircraft you’ll be flying upon as well as the four airports you’ll be flying through on your air-tour of middle America.

17. (1989) You’ve got some old air miles sitting around in your frequent flyer account and you’ve just received notice from the airline that they’re due to expire in three months. From your home in Seattle, you’ve got just enough miles for a domestic roundtrip within the continental U.S., so a ski vacation in Utah on the powdery slopes of Alta might be nice. Unfortunately, your airline doesn’t fly nonstop from Seattle to Salt Lake, but it does offer a single daily one-stop direct flight. Identify the airline, the aircraft and the intermediate stop.

18. (1970) Based upon schedules reflected in the 1970 OAG I used to reference these questions, which two states are served by just a single jet aircraft type? Identify each state and the jet aircraft type (variant specific, please) that serves it uniquely.

19. (1998) Not counting international flights, what is the longest commercial flight out of Colorado? We’re looking for the route, the airline and the aircraft type.

20. (1989) You need to fly from Newport News, VA to Orlando, FL next Wednesday. Flying anywhere out of PHF generally means a connection, so when your company’s travel office informs you that there’s now a nonstop flight departing Newport News’ Patrick Henry Field that’ll get you into Orlando in the early afternoon, you couldn’t be happier. Book it, please. Identify the airline and aircraft operating this flight.

21. (1979) In jlemon’s recent set of questions, you needed to get from Reno across the country to Smoky Mountains National Park. Now, after having hiked a 98 mile section of the Appalachian Trail, it’s time to return to Reno. Your closest airport is still in Knoxville and there just happens to be a 2-stop direct flight departing Knoxville every afternoon, seven days a week. You’ve booked a First Class seat and are already looking forward to that first cold beer after takeoff. Name the airline you’ll be flying upon as well as the aircraft and the two enroute stops.

22. (1988) Good Lord! The heat and humidity of this summer in Atlanta is as bad as it’s ever been and probably worse! Imagine then your surprise and delight when a couple of old friends from college daze call to ask if you’d care to join them on a six day backpacking trip doing the Rae Lakes Loop in King’s Canyon National Park. Whaaaat?!! OMG, Yes!!! You indicate you’ll buy a ticket out and back as soon as you can figure out which airport is closest to Kings Canyon N.P. Following a brief search, you find that there is a single daily direct one-stop flight from Atlanta to the airport you’ll need to fly into. A snack and dinner will be served along the way. Identify that airport as well as the airline, aircraft and the single enroute stop.

23. (1985) Over the years many airlines have operated single class configured aircraft in the busy New York to Los Angeles market. In mid-1985 just one airline operates nonstop flights with them. Identify that airline and the aircraft type it uses.
It's not an MGM Grand Air D8S or a World DC10

24. (1995) For years South Florida has been well served by flights from Mexico, particularly from destinations on the Yucatan Peninsula. Finally, Tampa has a nonstop flight to Cancun! Identify the airline and aircraft operating this flight.
A N S W E R E D

25. (1995) You and your wife are finally taking that long awaited vacation to Puerto Vallarta Mexico. From your home outside Kansas City, MO you’re not surprised to find there are neither direct nor nonstop flights. You’re gonna have to connect somewhere. Hey! Why not San Diego? You can spend a couple of days with the in-laws at their palatial digs up in La Jolla before continuing on to PVR. There’s a single nonstop each day between MCI and SAN and, as luck would have it, a single nonstop each day between SAN and PVR. Identify each of the relevant airlines and aircraft types operating these flights.

26. (1979) Your favorite hometown guitarist – Steve Kimock – is playing with Martin Fierro and his band The Underdogs at the Garland Theater in Spokane, Washington. You’ve been fortunate enough to have been comped tickets by your buddy, the band’s equipment manager – if you can get there. You call both United and Hughes Airwest but to no avail. Not only are the Underdogs in town but the Pacific Northwest Dry Cleaner’s Symposium is also happening that week. Finally you call a travel agency and are gobsmacked to find a single coach class seat on an airline you never would have considered for a flight from SFO up to GEG. The flight makes one stop but the price is right and you’ll arrive Spokane 2 ½ hours before show time. Name the airline, aircraft and stopover point for this flight.

27. (1970) Based upon schedules reflected in the 1970 OAG I used to reference these questions, identify which airlines do not operate any 747s between the U.S. mainland and Hawaii (For the record, we are talking only about airlines that actually serve Hawaii, so listing Ozark or Mohawk won't cut it, wise guys)
A N S W E R E D

28. (1985) Finally! Kansas City has a direct one-stop flight to Hawaii! No more long and occasionally annoying connections on the west coast. On the downside, this flight does have a change of gauge at the enroute stop which is almost as bad as a connection. Still, the price is right and so you book a couple of seats. Identify the airline, the connecting point and the two aircraft types involved.

29. (1998) Back in the 1970s and 80s, Las Vegas used to see a lot of widebodies, especially the DC-10. In 1998, only one airline still operates DC-10 flights into LAS, albeit with a single daily arrival. Identify that airline and the airport it serves LAS from.
A N S W E R E D

30. (1988) You fly often between San Francisco and Reno, especially in the winter when heavy snows make travel over I-80 hazardous if not impossible. Three airlines offer nonstop flights out of SFO and the most popular aircraft type, operated by all three airlines, is scheduled for eight of those mostly daily flights. Identify each of the three airlines as well as the aircraft type referenced.
It's not a 737

Last edited by Seat 2A; Apr 29, 2020 at 4:41 pm
Old Apr 28, 2020, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
12. (1985) This is the year you finally take the family to Disney World! Disneyland is closer to your home in Portland, Oregon but Orlando also offers SeaWorld, Baseball World and Circus World. Though it’s always a challenge flying anywhere with three young children, you’re pleased to discover that between Portland and Orlando there’s a single daily one stop direct flight. Identify the airline, aircraft and enroute stops.
12- my first inclination was ... oops, never mind, can’t do that ... United, DC-8-61/71 via Denver (DEN)

24. (1995) For years South Florida has been well served by flights from Mexico, particularly from destinations on the Yucatan Peninsula. Finally, Tampa has a nonstop flight to Cancun! Identify the airline and aircraft operating this flight.
24- this sure sounds like Northwest; I think they had begun to use the A320 on some of their overwater routes around this time

Last edited by jrl767; Apr 28, 2020 at 11:42 pm
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

12. (1985) This is the year you finally take the family to Disney World! Disneyland is closer to your home in Portland, Oregon but Orlando also offers SeaWorld, Baseball World and Circus World. Though it’s always a challenge flying anywhere with three young children, you’re pleased to discover that between Portland and Orlando there’s a single daily one stop direct flight. Identify the airline, aircraft and enroute stop.

My first inclination was ... oops, never mind, can’t do that ... United, DC-8-61/71 via Denver (DEN)

Way to get the ball rollin' here, J! And you are close - that is to say that the enroute stop was indeed Denver. Beyond that, what was your first inclination, anyway?

This sure sounds like Northwest; I think they had begun to use the A320 on some of their overwater routes around this time

Right on, Mr. L! Northwest is correct! It wasn't the A320, but in 1995 there's really only one other jet it could've been. Allow me to save the time and effort of a tap-in. Here's the schedule:

Northwest NW 484 Tampa (TPA) 1230p-1220p
S Cancun (CUN) 727-200 X6

Last edited by Seat 2A; Apr 29, 2020 at 12:39 am
Old Apr 29, 2020, 8:06 am

6. (1970) Identify each of the state capitols that did not have any jet service in 1970
I'll take a stab at this one, though it's going to be tough sledding without knowing how many I'm shooting for. Here's my first guess, without looking at a map, roughly from east to west:
Augusta, ME
Concord, NH
Montpelier, VT
Dover, DE
Annapolis, MD
Frankfort, KY
Topeka, KS
Pierre, SD
Bismark, ND
Helena, MT
Cheyenne, WY
Carson City, NV
Juneau, AK
Old Apr 29, 2020, 8:14 am

15. (1979) You’re now in Dallas and need to get to Milwaukee for a breakfast conference tomorrow morning. You imagine there should be a good variety of nonstops but are surprised to find mostly multi-stop flights with only a single nonstop that departs DFW in the early evening. That’ll work! Which airline and aircraft type will you be flying upon?
This is probably too obvious to be a correct answer on this forum, but just to get it out of the way, this wasn't Midwest Express on a DC-9 per chance?
Old Apr 29, 2020, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
12- PDX-DEN-MCO, not United ... CO is too straightforward a guess (plus I think most if not all of their Florida service flowed through Houston/IAH at this time), so this must have been the short-lived Frontier Horizon which iirc operated a handful of 727-200s
Old Apr 29, 2020, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
23. (1985) Over the years many airlines have operated single class configured aircraft in the busy New York to Los Angeles market. In mid-1985 just one airline operates nonstop flights with them. Identify that airline and the aircraft type it uses.
MGM Grand Air DC-8-62

29. (1998) Back in the 1970s and 80s, Las Vegas used to see a lot of widebodies, especially the DC-10. In 1998, only one airline still operates DC-10 flights into LAS, albeit with a single daily arrival. Identify that airline and the airport it serves LAS from.
Well, Downtown Las Vegas IS the ninth Hawaiian island so I am going to guess this was HA from HNL.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 10:39 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
30. (1988) You fly often between San Francisco and Reno, especially in the winter when heavy snows make travel over I-80 hazardous if not impossible. Three airlines offer nonstop flights out of SFO and the most popular aircraft type, operated by all three airlines, is scheduled for eight of those mostly daily flights. Identify each of the three airlines as well as the aircraft type referenced.

I'm going to guess: Southwest, United, and American with a 737-200 (might be kicking myself for not saying -300)
Old Apr 29, 2020, 10:52 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by KT550
I think Biman already had at least three of their own 707s by 1977 - S2-ABN, S2-ABQ and S2-ACA
Well, you never knew with Biman in that era (or for a good while after). The aircraft were invariably leased, and would get laid up for varying intervals either because they couldn't afford the foreign exchange for spares, or hadn't paid the lease. Their secondhand 707 S2-AAL was bought that year for a grossly inflated price by a corrupt government aviation minister, it was only used for a week and then laid up at London Stansted awaiting spares. Never flew for them again.

Biman were also the cause of London Heathrow introducing a significant landing fee fine for operators who regularly turned up extremely late and disrupted the terminal arrangements, and this extended into the DC-10 era. 24 hours (ish) late was not uncommon. Whole groups of Bangladeshi extended families with children would go to meet them at Heathrow T3, get little or no information from their handling agents ("Still stuck in Abu Dhabi - we think"), and substantially clutter up the arrivals area, likewise the departing passengers, all hanging around overnight and having to be stopped from cooking meals on the terminal floor.

Biman also became the airline of choice for European backpackers heading to Kathmandu in Nepal (it's only an hour's flight onward from Dhaka), always coming out the cheapest and known for taking a very liberal interpretation of baggage allowances, even more than other Asian carriers out of London commonly did and to an extent still do.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 11:24 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
What was typical Japan <=> western Europe routing in those days? Via ANC? IIRC, most airlines (with JL as an exception and S another one?) chose to avoid flying over the USSR and PRC so there must have been long diversions.
(In 1977). There were commonly a range of options even on a single carrier. Four possible ways, across the Pacific and mainstream USA; through Anchorage; across Russia; across India and the Middle East. Both BOAC and JAL used to do all of them, but I think the Pacific route had gone by 1977. Anchorage was done by a good number, but also the traditional way over India, with a large number of stops, had much service. Through Moscow had a few operators, BOAC had started it in 1970 (with new 707s bought specifically, they were delivered after their first 747s) but there was a Soviet restriction that the flights had to be operated, and very equally, to each European destination separately, by JAL, Aeroflot, and the European operator. As Aeroflot were disinclined to do more than two flights a week to each European point, that was how it developed. Aeroflot used IL-62s for their flights.

I can do no better than give a link to the 1970 BEA station manager at Moscow's account of how they looked after the BOAC transit flights at the beginning :

Russia (USSR) Trans Siberian Start-up, by Brian Burgess (1969-1972)
Old Apr 29, 2020, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)

1. (1989) You love to scuba dive, especially in the Caymans. Indeed, the Grand Cayman wall is considered by many to be one of the best dive destinations in the world! From your home on Long Island, NY the only downside to having to travel to or from the Caymans is having to connect through that third world hellhole masquerading as an airport in Miami. Thankfully one airline has finally seen fit to offer a direct one stop flight from the Caymans to JFK. Identify that airline, the equipment it uses for this flight and of course the enroute stop.
1. I actually flew into Grand Cayman (GCM) back in 1989. I was living near San Luis Obispo at the time and traveled NRSA using airline industry passes. I had an annual pass on SkyWest so I flew from SBP to LAX via a SkyWest-operated Delta Connection flight first thing in the morning on board a Metro III. I then connected to Eastern at LAX where I was lucky enough to score a first class seat on an L-1011 nonstop to MIA. And then at MIA my good luck continued and I boarded a Cayman Airways B737-400 in first class for GCM. I got to talking with the Cayman Airways flight attendant in the front cabin who had been with the airline since the days of the BAC One-Eleven and she mentioned KX was having a difficult time, financially speaking, concerning the intense competition on their core route between Grand Cayman and Miami. American, Eastern, Northwest and Pan Am were all operating nonstop MIA-GCM service, AA, EA and PA with the B727-200 and NW with the DC9-30 while KX was operating all of its service on the route at that time with the B737-400.

So with that, I'll guess the air carrier we are looking for here was Pan Am operating a B727-200 from GCM to JFK with a stop at MIA. And BTW, Cayman Airways was also operating nonstop service between GCM and JFK with a B737-400 in 1989 but I do not think this flight was operated on a daily basis.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dfw88
6. (1970)Identify each of the state capitols that did not have any jet service in 1970

I'll take a stab at this one, though it's going to be tough sledding without knowing how many I'm shooting for. Here's my first guess, without looking at a map, roughly from east to west:

Augusta, ME Correct!
Concord, NH Correct!
Montpelier, VT Correct!
Dover, DE Correct!
Annapolis, MD Correct!
Frankfort, KY Correct!
Topeka, KS Correct!
Pierre, SD Incorrect!
Bismark, ND Incorrect!
Helena, MT Incorrect!
Cheyenne, WY Incorrect!
Carson City, NV Correct!
Juneau, AK Incorrect!

You're off to a great start, dfw! Truth be told, I left out the exact number of capitals because you guys are all so intelligent and generally well versed in all things related to commercial aviation. Your impressive start notwithstanding, I count four state capitals without jet service that remain to be identified. Good luck!

And here's a Bonus Question: Of the state capitals incorrectly listed above, identify which airline(s) and jet(s) served each one.

This is probably too obvious to be a correct answer on this forum, but just to get it out of the way, this wasn't Midwest Express on a DC-9 per chance?

Excellent guess, dfw, but no - it wasn't Midwest Express. Additionally, every now and then, I might throw in the obvious choice just to keep you off balance. Like I said - you're all way to intelligent to make this too simple. Please, guess again!

BTW, gang - when listing aircraft types, please be variant specific (unless the airline operated only one type of jet)

Last edited by Seat 2A; Apr 29, 2020 at 2:59 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.