Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hillrider
This thread is for ExpertFlyer Information and Updates only (as per its title) and many subscribe to it for this purpose. For other issues, please see the ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk thread.

If you have any questions about using ExpertFlyer or wish to report any issues, please email them at [email protected].
Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2013, 1:08 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by HumbleBee
Can you pls make it easier to reset alerts? Often by the time I go to book it the inventory is gone, and it's frustrating to have to start inputting the details again for a new alert.
For Flight Alerts you already can. Just hit the Resubmit button next to a Notified alert for a flight that has yet to depart to change it's status from Notified to Active.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
For Flight Alerts you already can. Just hit the Resubmit button next to a Notified alert for a flight that has yet to depart to change it's status from Notified to Active.
Thanks, didnt know that.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by amejr999
Suggestion for EF... reverse seat alerts informing you if a seat is taken.

(For example... you're in a window seat with an empty aisle seat next to you, and you want to want to know if that empty seat is booked).
Yes this would be awesome!
Old Apr 2, 2013, 8:07 am

Would it be possible to set up availability alerts for a range of dates rather than just a single date?

Example: I want to book award travel on a route and my dates are flexible. Right now, there is -0- availability during all of January and February 2014, but I'm quite certain something will become available closer in. All I care about is that my trip is somewhere between 3 and 5 weeks in total, so I can be flexible on the outbound and return within a two month+ window.

Instead of setting up an alert for each and every day for a 2 month period (and one for each direction), it would be useful if I could set up an alert for any award within a date range. It would even be helpful if just the +/- 3 day option (as with searches) could be set up as an alert.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 7:58 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SusanDK
Would it be possible to set up availability alerts for a range of dates rather than just a single date?

Example: I want to book award travel on a route and my dates are flexible. Right now, there is -0- availability during all of January and February 2014, but I'm quite certain something will become available closer in. All I care about is that my trip is somewhere between 3 and 5 weeks in total, so I can be flexible on the outbound and return within a two month+ window.

Instead of setting up an alert for each and every day for a 2 month period (and one for each direction), it would be useful if I could set up an alert for any award within a date range. It would even be helpful if just the +/- 3 day option (as with searches) could be set up as an alert.
Flight Alerts are for specific flights on specific days, there is no multi-date alert. For questions pertaining to usage please see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...sk-thread.html
Old Apr 2, 2013, 10:54 pm

Flight Alerts are for specific flights on specific days, there is no multi-date alert. For questions pertaining to usage please see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...sk-thread.html
Thanks - I don't think I worded my query properly. I know that it cannot currently be done. I was posing the question as to whether this might be something that could be considered as a future enhancement, similar to how others have posted ideas in this thread for features they'd like to see.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 3:14 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Availability alert for married segments

Currently one can only set an alert for fare class availability for an individual segment. I would like to set an alert for availability for a connection (where availability has been restricted by married segments).

I often find that the married segment restrictions come and go, so I would like to know when I can book without the married segment restriction.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 3:22 am

Can't exclude codeshares for UK point of sale

Is this a bug or a feature?
Old Apr 3, 2013, 3:37 am

Alert me when I lose my seat?

Originally Posted by amejr999
Suggestion for EF... reverse seat alerts informing you if a seat is taken.

(For example... you're in a window seat with an empty aisle seat next to you, and you want to want to know if that empty seat is booked).
A related issue.

EF is great for an alert when blocked seats are opened up, but having selected a previously blocked seat in the front economy row on BA shorthaul, I would like to be alerted when the curtain is moved, and I lose my seat because the row becomes business!

I am not sure how this could be implemented. It either corresponds to an alert when the economy seat becomes invalid, or an alert when the same seat becomes available in business.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 1:12 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by SusanDK
Thanks - I don't think I worded my query properly. I know that it cannot currently be done. I was posing the question as to whether this might be something that could be considered as a future enhancement, similar to how others have posted ideas in this thread for features they'd like to see.
We of course consider all suggestions, however not all are necessarily feasible or easy to implement.

Originally Posted by nbevan
Currently one can only set an alert for fare class availability for an individual segment. I would like to set an alert for availability for a connection (where availability has been restricted by married segments).

I often find that the married segment restrictions come and go, so I would like to know when I can book without the married segment restriction.
I'm sorry but Flight Alerts does not support married segment logic at this time.

Can't exclude codeshares for UK point of sale - Is this a bug or a feature?
Neither, it is a feature limitation of the GDS that has the UK POS information.

A related issue.

EF is great for an alert when blocked seats are opened up, but having selected a previously blocked seat in the front economy row on BA shorthaul, I would like to be alerted when the curtain is moved, and I lose my seat because the row becomes business!

I am not sure how this could be implemented. It either corresponds to an alert when the economy seat becomes invalid, or an alert when the same seat becomes available in business.
Unfortunately not as the normal trick to set an alert for your own seat (and be notified if it becomes available) won't work as the seat will no longer exist in the cabin. The only way to alert on that event is if the configuration of the cabin changes, which is something separate from what Seat Alerts is currently designed to do.
Old May 5, 2013, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I asked this by email just in case I was missing it, but any plans to add N class (economy award) to DL?
Old May 5, 2013, 9:33 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bworrell
I asked this by email just in case I was missing it, but any plans to add N class (economy award) to DL?
That is up to Delta to make their award inventory available.
Old May 5, 2013, 11:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
That is up to Delta to make their award inventory available.
Is that something that you guys are actively working on with them?

Last edited by bworrell; May 5, 2013 at 11:38 pm
Old May 6, 2013, 9:33 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bworrell
Is that something that you guys are actively working on with them?
We cannot comment on our airline relationships.
Old May 27, 2013, 9:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts more appropriate to the ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk thread have been relocated there.

JDiver
senior moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.