Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hillrider
This thread is for ExpertFlyer Information and Updates only (as per its title) and many subscribe to it for this purpose. For other issues, please see the ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk thread.

If you have any questions about using ExpertFlyer or wish to report any issues, please email them at [email protected].
Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2015, 11:07 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by HUGE AL
What is the reasoning behind the Yes or No response as opposed to the specific class value (which I prefer)? Does this apply to all airlines now, or just the new ones (noticed BA is also the same)?
It only applies to the recently added airlines.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 11:47 pm

Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, BA Gold, AA 1MM, LM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D6, SPG Plat, Hertz President's
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
It only applies to the recently added airlines.
Will this revert back to the specific class value in the future? It helps with odds when calling and being on hold for 60+ minutes.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 9:54 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by HUGE AL
Will this revert back to the specific class value in the future? It helps with odds when calling and being on hold for 60+ minutes.
We can't speculate, however for those airlines you can use the Quantity option on the request form to determine how many award are available. In addition any regular fare class specified in the Other class fields will still show numeric values.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:17 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Lightbulb DL Seat Maps and Aircraft Change Alert Enhancement

Hi everyone, we have 2 announcements to make:

First, Aircraft Change Alerts have been enhanced to now take into account if the actual seat layout of the cabin has changed. This check is addition to the existing check for a changed equipment code (both based on the seat map response).

For existing Aircraft Change Alerts, the system will only look at the equipment code as there is no stored "before" data for the seat layout. As such we recommend that existing Aircraft Change Alerts be deleted and recreated if you want them to monitor both the seating layout and the equipment code for changes.

Second, we have added Seat Maps for DL, covering all cabins. This also means that Seat Alerts and Aircraft Change Alerts are now available for DL again. If you encounter any issues, please email us the flight details to [email protected]

Enjoy,
-EFV
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Any way you could add seat maps for A3?
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:26 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by benberg2013
Any way you could add seat maps for A3?
A3 doesn't publish their seat maps.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
A3 doesn't publish their seat maps.
Is there any way you could request them to publ4ish them?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:34 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by benberg2013
Is there any way you could request them to publ4ish them?
No, they have to want to publish them thru (and work out a deal with) a GDS to do that.
Old May 31, 2016, 2:36 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Lightbulb DL Flight Data Restored

We're happy to announce that as of today the previously missing DL data has been restored to ExpertFlyer. The only exception is DL Upgrade class inventory that requires GDS access, which Delta is still not allowing us to use.

However regular fare class inventory/availability/alerting and all the other searches (including Seat Maps/Alerts) are available again for DL. Please note, DL flights will only show when DL is the only airline specified in the Flight Availability search.

If you encounter any issues please email us directly at [email protected]

-EFV

Last edited by ExpertFlyer Voice; May 31, 2016 at 5:43 pm
Old May 31, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
EF showing real-time waitlist clearing!

I was about to go to the airport for my first flight, and manually checked my EF alert for the connecting flight I availability. Found that there were open I seats, so called UA, who then informed me that my waitlist had just cleared. Yes!
Old May 31, 2016, 3:52 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
We're happy to announce that as of today the previously missing DL data has been restored to ExpertFlyer. The only exception is DL Upgrade class inventory that requires GDS access, which Delta is still not allowing us to use.
Yea! Not everything, but at least I don't have to fumble back and forth between KVS and EF for inventory!
Old Jun 11, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA GE, CP ED
Awesome news. Does this include all award inventory or just low award?

The email I received was unclear on this referring only to "regular fare inventory" in addition to "previously released low/saver-level DL Award inventory"

Thanks in advance for the clarification.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 8:35 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jsbh
Awesome news. Does this include all award inventory or just low award?

The email I received was unclear on this referring only to "regular fare inventory" in addition to "previously released low/saver-level DL Award inventory"

Thanks in advance for the clarification.
Thanks. Fares have nothing to do with Award inventory. It's just low award inventory as noted here: http://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do
Old Aug 12, 2016, 10:14 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Exclamation Scheduled Downtime Tomorrow

Tomorrow, August 13, ExpertFlyer will be down for scheduled maintenance starting at approximately 10AM US Eastern time. We are setting aside 4 hours to be safe but expect it to take less. Thank you for your understanding.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 2:26 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
That's OK, I'll actually be in the air then; and what's more you don't (I think) show details for my carrier Precision Air (PW)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.