Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 6, 18, 4:56 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: hillrider
Wiki Link
This thread is for ExpertFlyer Information and Updates only (as per its title) and many subscribe to it for this purpose. For other issues, please see the ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk thread.

If you have any questions about using ExpertFlyer or wish to report any issues, please email them at [email protected].
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 23, 20, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice View Post
It's a work in progress so there is an opportunity to give us feedback to shape the final product. Instead of being negative before you see what it is you should sign up for the beta.
Please understand this is not negativity, but legitimate concerns from frequent flyers who have been more than once victimized by website "enhancements," i.e., useful functionality that simply gets taken away with no alternative in place. Hence it makes sense that signs of an upcoming "new" website will be greeted with skepticism instead of optimism, as we've been betrayed too many times. This is not unique for ExpertFlyer, airline website redesign elicit similar responses, and other "Travel Tools" websites wouldn't be exempt either.

I'm not beta testing any product without compensation; I'll just trust that the new website won't dumb things down and that the useful functionality of ExpertFlyer - and I consider all current functionality of ExpertFlyer to be useful - won't disappear. I'll welcome a website redesign if all existing functionality remains available, and I'd be thrilled with a redesign that keeps all current functionality and adds a ton of new stuff on top. Don't let us down.
Old Mar 23, 20, 7:57 pm
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mozilla View Post
Please understand this is not negativity, but legitimate concerns from frequent flyers who have been more than once victimized by website "enhancements," i.e., useful functionality that simply gets taken away with no alternative in place. Hence it makes sense that signs of an upcoming "new" website will be greeted with skepticism instead of optimism, as we've been betrayed too many times. This is not unique for ExpertFlyer, airline website redesign elicit similar responses, and other "Travel Tools" websites wouldn't be exempt either.

I'm not beta testing any product without compensation; I'll just trust that the new website won't dumb things down and that the useful functionality of ExpertFlyer - and I consider all current functionality of ExpertFlyer to be useful - won't disappear. I'll welcome a website redesign if all existing functionality remains available, and I'd be thrilled with a redesign that keeps all current functionality and adds a ton of new stuff on top. Don't let us down.
Well, we're not an airline, and if you recall the whole reason EF exists is because airline websites didn't serve your needs in the first place, so we gain nothing by emulating them. I can assure you that as a founder of EF being intimately involved in this process, I am ensuring that there will be no loss of functionality, only enhancements.

The key to making it sure we get it right the first time is feedback, so if you don't think that having a say in what the next version of EF will look like is worth your time, then I'm sorry to hear that. Just today in the beta we introduced a couple of long awaited and very useful features that will only be available in the new site, so you will need to use the beta in order to have access to them before their general release. Either way, thanks for your feedback.
mozilla likes this.
Old Mar 24, 20, 4:02 am

Programs: SU Gold; KL Plat; BA Gold; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice View Post
Here at ExpertFlyer we've been working on a totally redesigned ExpertFlyer website. We are at the point where we have an early beta of most of our core features that we would love for fellow FlyerTalk members to be able to test our new design and features and give us feedback.

To do that, we are allowing any current Premium subscriber to participate in the beta program. If you are interested please fill out this form and we will contact you when we are ready to open access to the beta later this month: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vlr...-tLMQ/viewform

As always, thank you for your continued support of ExpertFlyer.

-EFV
Do we have a thread to discuss the 'beta' here or anywhere else I sent my first piece of feedback already, i really hope the availability screen will be completely redesigned,
Old Mar 24, 20, 7:58 am
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keter View Post
Do we have a thread to discuss the 'beta' here or anywhere else I sent my first piece of feedback already, i really hope the availability screen will be completely redesigned,
No as the beta is invitation only and not public, so at this point the discussion is also between you and us directly to allow for honest feedback, and also since the beta isn't set in stone yet and likely will change. Just please keep sending feedback to us directly as you use it, thanks.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: