Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hillrider
This thread is for ExpertFlyer Information and Updates only (as per its title) and many subscribe to it for this purpose. For other issues, please see the ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk thread.

If you have any questions about using ExpertFlyer or wish to report any issues, please email them at [email protected].
Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:54 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Calchas
A default point of sale choice would be useful as well.
Originally Posted by Globaliser
+1
Originally Posted by Geoflying
+1 and include "originating airport" as one of the choices
A default POS option has now been added to the Preferences tab of the My Account page. The options are the same as on the Flight Availability search, USA (Default) or UK, those are the only options available to us. If you encounter any issues or errors please email us directly for help, thanks.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Much appreciated - thank you!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Maybe I missed this... I noticed a hidden award inventory option on EF yesterday. Any insights to what is this inventory?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
A default POS option has now been added to the Preferences tab of the My Account page. The options are the same as on the Flight Availability search, USA (Default) or UK, those are the only options available to us.
Thanks. ^ ^ However, it does not appear to be working on the mobile platform.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:54 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Calchas
Thanks. ^ ^ However, it does not appear to be working on the mobile platform.
Please email us at [email protected] with the details on how to reproduce the issue so we can look at it.

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Maybe I missed this... I noticed a hidden award inventory option on EF yesterday. Any insights to what is this inventory?
The Award & Upgrade search has always shown any "hidden" award inventory that wasn't available in a normal Flight Availability search, assuming we have access to it. If you have specific questions about using ExpertFlyer please either email us or post to the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...sk-thread.html
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Which airline/fare code? I had assumed you meant AA but don't see anything new, myself.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Please email us at [email protected] with the details on how to reproduce the issue so we can look at it.

The Award & Upgrade search has always shown any "hidden" award inventory that wasn't available in a normal Flight Availability search, assuming we have access to it. If you have specific questions about using ExpertFlyer please either email us or post to the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...sk-thread.html
No specific question. I saw a link in the middle of page for searching "hidden award buckets". Thought it was a newly implemented feature.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage, UA, Avios
ExpertFlyer worth it? / How do you use it?

Considering a Premium $10 a month subscription and I am curious what utility the program would have for me. I typically check BA or UA sites for availability and manage to book 12 months out or sometimes shorter than that and daily searches are getting pulled manually.

Is the benefit of EF that it will just automate my searching so I do not have to do it alone? Does the tool ever miss award availability that BA or UA would see? Just trying to figure out what role it plays in the grand scheme of things. Since the search is once a day, that makes me think that it is not really letting you know "first" about availability and maybe I can do it on my own if it is not about being notified quickly but just automating a process.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: AC SEMM
A default POS option has now been added to the Preferences tab of the My Account page. The options are the same as on the Flight Availability search, USA (Default) or UK, those are the only options available to us. If you encounter any issues or errors please email us directly for help, thanks.
Many thanks
Old Feb 26, 2015, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K
What starbuk said. What can I do with it that I can't do by, e.g. using the ANA site or UA's "expert mode"?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Mikity
What starbuk said. What can I do with it that I can't do by, e.g. using the ANA site or UA's "expert mode"?
http://www.expertflyer.com/frequent-flyer-programs
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...es-thread.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...sk-thread.html
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K
That's plenty, thank you
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage, UA, Avios
That's plenty, thank you
I don't think it's enough, actually. Of course I looked at the FAQ on the site and if somehow the help desk thread can help me even though I do not have the product.. well I doubt it. Anyway it looks like it just does the searches for you and emails you, instead of doing it yourself.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:53 pm

How EF earned a new user

Just want to give mad props to EF for my experience using them today. Was looking to book award flights on Alaska and running into major headaches using traditional methods.

Found the flights I wanted using EF demo and watched as, real time while I was on the call with BA (was booking AS w/ BA Avios), the seats got deducted when I refreshed EF. That tool just works! Very useful and worth the cost! Thanks!
Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:28 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by louxda
Just want to give mad props to EF for my experience using them today. Was looking to book award flights on Alaska and running into major headaches using traditional methods.

Found the flights I wanted using EF demo and watched as, real time while I was on the call with BA (was booking AS w/ BA Avios), the seats got deducted when I refreshed EF. That tool just works! Very useful and worth the cost! Thanks!
You're welcome! Glad to hear we were able to help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.