Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 6, 18, 4:56 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: hillrider
Wiki Link
This thread is for ExpertFlyer Information and Updates only (as per its title) and many subscribe to it for this purpose. For other issues, please see the ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk thread.

If you have any questions about using ExpertFlyer or wish to report any issues, please email them at [email protected].
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 29, 14, 6:30 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Do EP alerts work BAs U inventory? I know there are segments on my flight with award inventory available but when I created an alert for it (as a test), it failed to detect anything.
Old Sep 29, 14, 7:23 pm
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com
Original Poster

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by carsnoceans View Post
Do EP alerts work BAs U inventory? I know there are segments on my flight with award inventory available but when I created an alert for it (as a test), it failed to detect anything.
ExpertFlyer Flight Alerts for awards and upgrades only work for airlines that publish their award and upgrade inventory. British Airways does not, that's why they are not listed. You can see that list in the Award & Upgrade search or on our Help/FAQ page here: http://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do
Old Sep 29, 14, 11:26 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice View Post
ExpertFlyer Flight Alerts for awards and upgrades only work for airlines that publish their award and upgrade inventory. British Airways does not, that's why they are not listed. You can see that list in the Award & Upgrade search or on our Help/FAQ page here: http://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do
Ah thanks! how silly of me.
Old Oct 20, 14, 1:08 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; Ex-HA Pt (now not), GE
Thanks!

I grieved when UA went off your platform, but I kept my subscription because of your continued ability to offer Seat Alerts on UA.

So, 36 hours before my flight takes off, my favorite GF seat opens up, and an alert comes my way! Thank you, EF. You made my day.
Old Oct 20, 14, 5:40 am

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 747FC View Post
I grieved when UA went off your platform, but I kept my subscription because of your continued ability to offer Seat Alerts on UA.

So, 36 hours before my flight takes off, my favorite GF seat opens up, and an alert comes my way! Thank you, EF. You made my day.
^
Old Oct 20, 14, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 747FC View Post

That's great to hear, thanks for your support!
Old Oct 21, 14, 8:07 pm

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 15 at 11:54 pm
Old Oct 21, 14, 9:26 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by angatol View Post
I imagine this has been asked before, but would it be possible to have an account option that disables airport/airline expansion to "friendly" names? I find it awkward when I want to overwrite things and have to triple click and then erase everything and start again.
When I tried EF, that was also one minor point I didn't like. The other was displaying times in 12-hour (AM/PM) format. I MUCH prefer if there was an option to change times to a 24-hour clock. I just find that much easier to deal with when flying, especially for flights that leave or depart in the the wee hours (such as shortly after midnight), and I always have to do a double-take and be sure of the AM/PM, rather than just being able to glance at it and comprehend exactly the time.
Old Oct 21, 14, 9:32 pm

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 15 at 11:58 pm
Old Oct 21, 14, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by angatol View Post
I imagine this has been asked before, but would it be possible to have an account option that disables airport/airline expansion to "friendly" names? I find it awkward when I want to overwrite things and have to triple click and then erase everything and start again.
That hasn't been asked for before, but thanks for the suggestion. However there is an easier way, if you use the Tab button to navigate the fields, doing so will highlight the full content of a field at which point you can just type the new airport/airline code.

Originally Posted by A_Lee View Post
When I tried EF, that was also one minor point I didn't like. The other was displaying times in 12-hour (AM/PM) format. I MUCH prefer if there was an option to change times to a 24-hour clock. I just find that much easier to deal with when flying, especially for flights that leave or depart in the the wee hours (such as shortly after midnight), and I always have to do a double-take and be sure of the AM/PM, rather than just being able to glance at it and comprehend exactly the time.
This option already exists on the Preferences tab of the My Account page.
Old Oct 21, 14, 10:42 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Thanks, guess I must have missed it when I was using it before. I'll have to use that when I sign up again for your service.
Old Oct 22, 14, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

A default point of sale choice would be useful as well.
Old Oct 22, 14, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Calchas View Post
+1
Old Dec 26, 14, 6:05 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by Calchas View Post
+1 and include "originating airport" as one of the choices
Old Jan 17, 15, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Lightbulb US Air Award/Upgrade Class Code Changes

Earlier today there was change to the US Airways Award/Upgrade class codes for US flights departing on February 1st onward.

The Award & Upgrade search tool has been updated with the new class code information:

Z - First - Award (Flights From Feb 1)
O - First - Award/Upgrade (Flights Thru Jan 31)
A - First - Using Miles and all Complimentary Upgrades (Flights From Feb 1)
P - First - Upgrade from Y/B Fares (Flights thru Jan 31)
U - Business - Award (Flights From Feb 1)
I - Business - Award/Miles Upgrade (Flights Thru Jan 31)
C - Business - Upgrades with Certs & Miles (Flights From Feb 1)
J - Business - Upgrades using Certs (Flights Thru Jan 31)
T - Economy - Award (Flights From Feb 1)
X - Economy - Award (Flights Thru Jan 31)

For Active Flight Alerts for US Air flights from Feb 1 onward, the following class code changes were made to the alerts:

O -> Z
I -> U
X -> T
J -> C
C -> J
Z -> I

No other US Air Flight Alerts were changed. Please double check that all your US Air Active Flight Alerts are set to the proper class on the View Saved Alerts page after you login - http://www.expertflyer.com

US Air made these class code changes overnight, so if you received a notification today of a US Air Flight Alert finding inventory for a flight departing from February 1st onward, please check to make sure you were alerted on the proper inventory/class code. If not, you can recreate the alert with the correct class code.

If you have any questions please email us at [email protected] or ask on the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...sk-thread.html

-The ExpertFlyer.com Team

Last edited by ExpertFlyer Voice; Jan 20, 15 at 12:04 pm Reason: Updated class code listing

Search this Thread
Search Engine: