Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Menus ex ZRH in F and C (6 Mar 24 - 4 June 24)
First Class:

https://preview.thenewsmarket.com/Pr...ets/663584.pdf

Business Class:
https://preview.thenewsmarket.com/Pr...ets/663583.pdf

Link for pre-ordering meals ex ZRH in F and C

https://www.pre-flight-shopping.com/en/?p=eHSqnIMU_UQ

Special themes in F for 2024 (from olm022 )
21. February - 5. March 2024 (Caviar Weeks)
22. May - 6. June 2024 (Theme to be communicated)
21. August - 3. September 2024 (Theme to be communicated)

20. November - 3. December 2024 (Theme to be communicated)

Print Wikipost

The SWISS Business & First Class Menu Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:36 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
Flew SFO-ZRH in biz a few days ago. Very low load (2/3 empty). Generally excellent and attentive service throughout the flight. Food quality OK; for dinner I had the Asian veg special meal which was excellent but the appetizer from the main menu (Ahi poke) was bad. Breakfast was mediocre--horrible OJ, they didn't give me my bread selection, lousy fruit bowl except for the pineapple, etc. Lounges generally a disaster (overcrowded because many were closed, poor food offerings, shower attendant in ZRH asking directly for a tip) but the wifi worked well. Not my worst transatlantic trip in biz but certainly not my best, either.
Doesn't sound great.

The poor poke doesn't surprise me, as poke has become such a ubiquitous "fashionable" item and 99.x percent are much worse than any cheap poke at an Oahu Foodland. But the lounge attendant at ZRG definitely shouldn't ask for a tip. LH Group lounges are generally tip free zones.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Doesn't sound great.

The poor poke doesn't surprise me, as poke has become such a ubiquitous "fashionable" item and 99.x percent are much worse than any cheap poke at an Oahu Foodland. But the lounge attendant at ZRG definitely shouldn't ask for a tip. LH Group lounges are generally tip free zones.
He (the lounge attendant) had a old toilet paper roll (the brown semi-cardboard one from the center) on which he had written "tips" using a blue felt pen. I was so flabbergasted that I gave him $5. I always thought that wages in Switzerland were decent enough that scrounging for tips wasn't necessary but obviously I was wrong. Or maybe he was just being entrepreneurial.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 3:33 pm

He (the lounge attendant) had a old toilet paper roll (the brown semi-cardboard one from the center) on which he had written "tips" using a blue felt pen. I was so flabbergasted that I gave him $5. I always thought that wages in Switzerland were decent enough that scrounging for tips wasn't necessary but obviously I was wrong. Or maybe he was just being entrepreneurial.
Probably the latter, but LX would be very unhappy, if they found out.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 1:02 am

Programs: LX SEN
I vaguely remember having seen a similar sign in Munich or Frankfurt and I also remember having left coins as a tip. In Switzerland, tips are limited to coins in most cases. It is not the use to leave sizeable tips such as in the US. Accordingly as sign setting forth "tips" should not call for more than a few coins. In addition, it is acceptable to not leave anything.

I take it that the janitors count on change from people leaving the country and not knowing what to do with their change.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by Nic33
I vaguely remember having seen a similar sign in Munich or Frankfurt and I also remember having left coins as a tip. In Switzerland, tips are limited to coins in most cases. It is not the use to leave sizeable tips such as in the US. Accordingly as sign setting forth "tips" should not call for more than a few coins. In addition, it is acceptable to not leave anything.

I take it that the janitors count on change from people leaving the country and not knowing what to do with their change.
And, they hope for Americans who are not familiar with the practice in Europe and are likely to leave a more substantial amount
Old Nov 24, 2021, 9:18 am

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Flew MIAZRH in C the other day. Compared to the main course (inedible, chewy tenderloin; one of the worst dishes I have ever had on LX), the Poke appetiser was "outstanding"; your bad (or good) fortune your main course was a lot better than mine
Old Nov 27, 2021, 2:16 pm

Business Class menu LX041 LAX-ZRH on 11/25/21
Old Nov 27, 2021, 10:07 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Force951
Business Class menu LX041 LAX-ZRH on 11/25/21
thanks for sharing
the second starter with elements from at least 4 countries...
and how was the service....new concept or back to old one...
Old Nov 28, 2021, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai
thanks for sharing
the second starter with elements from at least 4 countries...
and how was the service....new concept or back to old one...
Given both menus shortly after boarding, told to fill out form for breakfast. A little after takeoff they came by asking for dinner choices, and served right away. So i think that is the old way, but first time in business on swiss so can't comment more.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 7:55 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Force951
Given both menus shortly after boarding, told to fill out form for breakfast. A little after takeoff they came by asking for dinner choices, and served right away. So i think that is the old way, but first time in business on swiss so can't comment more.
yes exactly, that is the old way....
Old Nov 29, 2021, 1:36 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
We had the same menu a few days earlier SFO-ZRH. Service was same as pre-Covid (last time we flew LX). Food was excellent, the steak was restaurant quality, and service was top notch. I wish we had selected Swiss for our return flights instead of LH/UA. No goose this year.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 12:45 am

Programs: LO FTL
Is it a new standard that en route to DXB from ZRH there is only one meal, even in F? Few years ago there were two meals in LH J/C from FRA to DXB.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 10:34 am

The December F menu ZRH-JFK is nice. Lots of good options and there was also a “special” not on the menu—raclette (two versions, one with black truffles and another with something else). For the uninitiated, raclette is a classic Swiss melted cheese dish. I chose the black truffle version and it was excellent. So… minimize your time in the lounge (see the other thread) and get on board. Wonderful crew, as always, and a great flight. The catering is in my opinion much better than LH F (both ingredients and preparation).

PS there are strong winds these days across the Atlantic and my flight was about 9 hours (which is one of the longest that I recall being on to JFK).
Old Dec 4, 2021, 3:18 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by NYC1

PS there are strong winds these days across the Atlantic and my flight was about 9 hours (which is one of the longest that I recall being on to JFK).
A bit OT, but yes winter months have strong jetstream. I once had a BOS-ZRH flight which was just 5.5 hours. Too short to get sleep

Glad you enjoyed Raclette. I love it too.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 4:24 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
ZRH-JFK (and JFK-ZRH) menu for Dec is the same as in Nov and Oct … the only difference is the special not on menu. The Raclette stinks the cabin btw, luckily no one ordered.
champus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.