Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Menus ex ZRH in F and C (6 Mar 24 - 4 June 24)
First Class:

https://preview.thenewsmarket.com/Pr...ets/663584.pdf

Business Class:
https://preview.thenewsmarket.com/Pr...ets/663583.pdf

Link for pre-ordering meals ex ZRH in F and C

https://www.pre-flight-shopping.com/en/?p=eHSqnIMU_UQ

Special themes in F for 2024 (from olm022 )
21. February - 5. March 2024 (Caviar Weeks)
22. May - 6. June 2024 (Theme to be communicated)
21. August - 3. September 2024 (Theme to be communicated)

20. November - 3. December 2024 (Theme to be communicated)

Print Wikipost

The SWISS Business & First Class Menu Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2021, 1:08 pm

Programs: HON
Hi all, anyone got menu in F for JNB-ZRH? Thanks
PresRDC likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 2:27 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Had the infamous(?) meat loaf in C yesterday flying ZRH-YUL. I found it very good and everything was well seasoned. The crew seemed overwhelmed somewhat with the new service (the plane was pretty full, C was full) and the service seemed disorganized from the start. The serving pattern made no sense, one crew was only serving one side of the aisle so the right hand side got nuts and champagne while another crew member was serving the first two rows in the mini-cabin and the left side of the main cabin where we got our drinks when everyone was finished. Same thing with the appetizers, then I think they adapted and served the mains throughout the cabin in a more logical manner. They did not seem happy with these changes. Got a surprisingly decent burger and ice cream shortly before landing.

I was not in a rush so I enjoyed the meal, the food was quite good and the service otherwise excellent. I enjoyed both my flights with LX recently and it was great to be flying again.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 9:27 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Had the infamous(?) meat loaf in C yesterday flying ZRH-YUL. I found it very good and everything was well seasoned.
+1
it was just one guy complaining and he got probably a mishandled one...
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 10:28 am

Lx j: 10-2021

Service from:

LX8, ZRH-ORD

J Class was about 55% full and they were also implementing their new Bistro service (seems to implemented only for day time flights), more on that later. Far more European based Px than there would have been even a week ago. Otherwise, I believe this would have been a far more empty flight.

PDB was an offer of champagne or their elderberry juice. A second pass of refills was also offered.

In-flight, the first round of drinks were served along with a ramekin of mixed nuts. Orders for first and second course were taken at this time. The first course was eventually served alone on a tray along with an individual bowl of warmed bread (no choice) and a tray with salt/pepper, butter, and olive oil, refills were also offered. The drink cart then came through for refills or new selections. The second course was eventually brought to each seat individually and replaced the first course on the tray. The first service was generally standard albeit a touch slow due to the FAs care and attention with each Px.

The second service was the new Bistro concept but it was a bit of a letdown. It's not possible to to say the service was intentionally inadequate but based on this flight alone there was a disjoint in the level of service available to those sitting in the front of J and those in the rear. There was a menu of several options and each Px had their tray of selections and drinks served before they would move on to the next Px. This resulted in a lot more questions from each Px and involved a lot more back and forth per individual seat before they moved on to the next Px.

I discussed this with the FA and they said they all recognized the problem with efficiency, especially with how it relates to those sitting in the back of the cabin. They noted there were a few circumstances including some FAs being introduced to the service for the first time which resulted in some clarifying. All in all it was a nice flight.

Finally, I have to really recognize their partnership with Hiltl (the first vegetarian restaurant in Zurich), this offers vegetarians meals that have actually been considered and are not an afterthought like the common pasta. This alone would make me very willing to fly them again ex-ZRH as both dishes during the first service were unique and exciting to try.

I wish I could post pictures but my account is still too new. Will try again soon.
hugolover and BinSabai like this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 1:13 pm

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
Here's the F menu LAX-ZRH from yesterday, in case anyone is curious. Steak was quite good - nice medium rare.

Old Oct 19, 2021, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Does Swiss rotate F menus on a monthly basis? If not, how often (and in which months) do they change?

Thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2021, 2:07 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
I think every 2 months.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:17 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
It used to be every 3 months but with the latest service changes it got "enhanced" to a 6 month cycle.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 10:23 am

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Any recent experiences on the DXB-ZRH night flight?
Old Oct 31, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by acjflyer
What exactly do you want to know? My last flight was before this menu cycle, but happy to answer other questions, as I’ve taken the flight many times.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 1:47 pm
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by acjflyer
As I recall, those meals in C were always more of a snack plate than a meal upon departure, with a light breakfast just before arrival. Last flight was January of this year however. Most people are fast asleep before they tuck away the wheels.

DEN
Old Nov 15, 2021, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flew LX285 in F from JNB last night. Meatloaf was offered as an off the menu item. Pretty decent - definitely something different than the usual meat, chicken or fish options. Served with green beans and mashed potato and topped with a slice of bacon and a thyme sprig.

Also, was offered what appeared to be made-to-order eggs for breakfast and there were also pancakes (not listed on menu) or an egg frittata (which I assumed was the referenced egg dish from the menu). I was unaware that made or order eggs was a thing on Swiss.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 4:43 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by PresRDC
Flew LX285 in F from JNB last night. Meatloaf was offered as an off the menu item. Pretty decent - definitely something different than the usual meat, chicken or fish options. Served with green beans and mashed potato and topped with a slice of bacon and a thyme sprig.
that's this one, right?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
that's this one, right?
Yup!
TicketandPassport likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Flew SFO-ZRH in biz a few days ago. Very low load (2/3 empty). Generally excellent and attentive service throughout the flight. Food quality OK; for dinner I had the Asian veg special meal which was excellent but the appetizer from the main menu (Ahi poke) was bad. Breakfast was mediocre--horrible OJ, they didn't give me my bread selection, lousy fruit bowl except for the pineapple, etc. Lounges generally a disaster (overcrowded because many were closed, poor food offerings, shower attendant in ZRH asking directly for a tip) but the wifi worked well. Not my worst transatlantic trip in biz but certainly not my best, either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.