FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The SWISS Business & First Class Menu Thread
Old Oct 6, 2021, 10:28 am
mrfashew

Lx j: 10-2021

Service from:

LX8, ZRH-ORD

J Class was about 55% full and they were also implementing their new Bistro service (seems to implemented only for day time flights), more on that later. Far more European based Px than there would have been even a week ago. Otherwise, I believe this would have been a far more empty flight.

PDB was an offer of champagne or their elderberry juice. A second pass of refills was also offered.

In-flight, the first round of drinks were served along with a ramekin of mixed nuts. Orders for first and second course were taken at this time. The first course was eventually served alone on a tray along with an individual bowl of warmed bread (no choice) and a tray with salt/pepper, butter, and olive oil, refills were also offered. The drink cart then came through for refills or new selections. The second course was eventually brought to each seat individually and replaced the first course on the tray. The first service was generally standard albeit a touch slow due to the FAs care and attention with each Px.

The second service was the new Bistro concept but it was a bit of a letdown. It's not possible to to say the service was intentionally inadequate but based on this flight alone there was a disjoint in the level of service available to those sitting in the front of J and those in the rear. There was a menu of several options and each Px had their tray of selections and drinks served before they would move on to the next Px. This resulted in a lot more questions from each Px and involved a lot more back and forth per individual seat before they moved on to the next Px.

I discussed this with the FA and they said they all recognized the problem with efficiency, especially with how it relates to those sitting in the back of the cabin. They noted there were a few circumstances including some FAs being introduced to the service for the first time which resulted in some clarifying. All in all it was a nice flight.

Finally, I have to really recognize their partnership with Hiltl (the first vegetarian restaurant in Zurich), this offers vegetarians meals that have actually been considered and are not an afterthought like the common pasta. This alone would make me very willing to fly them again ex-ZRH as both dishes during the first service were unique and exciting to try.

I wish I could post pictures but my account is still too new. Will try again soon.