Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Menus ex ZRH in F and C (6 Mar 24 - 4 June 24)
First Class:

https://preview.thenewsmarket.com/Pr...ets/663584.pdf

Business Class:
https://preview.thenewsmarket.com/Pr...ets/663583.pdf

Link for pre-ordering meals ex ZRH in F and C

https://www.pre-flight-shopping.com/en/?p=eHSqnIMU_UQ

Special themes in F for 2024 (from olm022 )
21. February - 5. March 2024 (Caviar Weeks)
22. May - 6. June 2024 (Theme to be communicated)
21. August - 3. September 2024 (Theme to be communicated)

20. November - 3. December 2024 (Theme to be communicated)

Print Wikipost

The SWISS Business & First Class Menu Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2021, 5:55 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Concerto
The worst one must be THAI. Bangkok airport is awful in all respects. Better to consider a day of fasting than eat any food on a flight catered out of BKK. Hong Kong is similarly awful.
not at all!
regarding fast lanes, it is one of the best airports in the world. Not many offer fast lanes for check in, security as well as inbound AND outbound immigration...
also catering can be quite ok, but you need to know what to order... not a steak for example...
Old Dec 19, 2021, 6:52 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Maybe it has changed… but I typically had the best airline food on SR182 and 183 out of BKK. (In C and F)…. I know… long ago…
BinSabai likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 9:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
We just did a RT in J on LX 39/38. The outbound from SFO, choices were filet, sea bass, or ravioli. Menu was same as when we flew this route in October. I had the ravioli, gf had the sea bass. Both were excellent, as was the service overall. Pre-arrival breakfast utilized the card and was also very good.

Return on LX38 was a completely different story. Crew were horribly disorganized and seemed very unhappy. Menu (which we had to ask for) was filet, meatloaf, cod, or a pumpkin goulash. I ordered the meatloaf and was given the cod. No explanation, FA just dumped it on my tray and scurried off. It was awful. GF (doesn't eat beef) tried to order cod, was told it was unavailable. She wound up with the goulash. It was awful. We hardly touched the mains and were never offered dessert. The new "bistro" concept applied for the pre-arrival meal. We were given menus around T-5. We were so disgusted by the dinner we didn't even try to order anything, preferring to wait and get something on the ground at SFO. The new concept seemed to keep the staff constantly running. Though how much of that was due to their total disorganization was not entirely clear.

A good reminder that LX remains one of the more inconsistent J experiences out there.
chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 2:34 pm

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Mileage may vary

Originally Posted by Kacee
We just did a RT in J on LX 39/38. The outbound from SFO, choices were filet, sea bass, or ravioli. Menu was same as when we flew this route in October. I had the ravioli, gf had the sea bass. Both were excellent, as was the service overall. Pre-arrival breakfast utilized the card and was also very good.

Return on LX38 was a completely different story. Crew were horribly disorganized and seemed very unhappy. Menu (which we had to ask for) was filet, meatloaf, cod, or a pumpkin goulash. I ordered the meatloaf and was given the cod. No explanation, FA just dumped it on my tray and scurried off. It was awful. GF (doesn't eat beef) tried to order cod, was told it was unavailable. She wound up with the goulash. It was awful. We hardly touched the mains and were never offered dessert. The new "bistro" concept applied for the pre-arrival meal. We were given menus around T-5. We were so disgusted by the dinner we didn't even try to order anything, preferring to wait and get something on the ground at SFO. The new concept seemed to keep the staff constantly running. Though how much of that was due to their total disorganization was not entirely clear.

A good reminder that LX remains one of the more inconsistent J experiences out there.
My November LX038 experience was totally different. Excellent in every respect. Wonderful service, cheerful crew, excellent food (I really liked the meatloaf, which was a reprise from several years ago), good wine. In short I had a delightful flight.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 8:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
My November LX038 experience was totally different.
As I said, one of the most inconsistent J class experiences out there.
Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
I really liked the meatloaf, which was a reprise from several years ago
Perhaps if I had been given the meatloaf that had I ordered, the experience would have been slightly better. The irony was they gave me instead the very dish (cod) which they had told my gf was not available.

Last edited by Kacee; Dec 29, 2021 at 8:25 pm
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Anyone know what Edelweiss is doing on business catering for short/medium-haul? ZRH-Canary Islands? Still table cloths with the meal served in multiple courses like before or all on one tray with no further beverage services offered after the main service for a four hour flight?
Old Dec 31, 2021, 1:05 pm

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by Kacee

This sounds pretty crazy. With such obvious flaws from the behavior from the crew, I think I’d have a stern word with the purser after such an experience.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner

As you know it’s a late night departure and in order to maximise sleep time I chose the quicker option.
Does LX offer a modified service for late-night departures? Im on a short TATL 945pm flight and wondering if it's still an aperitif service, appetizer/salad tray, followed by main dish and then dessert? or is it a one-tray pass with drink and lights out?
Old Jan 1, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: LH SEN
For the LX BOS-ZRH 945pm departure flight, you have the option of a full staged service or a quick one plate service to maximize sleep.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by akaza1
For the LX BOS-ZRH 945pm departure flight, you have the option of a full staged service or a quick one plate service to maximize sleep.
Thanks! From other reports in this thread, it looks like the full staged service is a one-tray meal with salad, cheese and main at once. No starter, followed by a dessert. That seems disappointing, but I guess understandable for such a short, late flight. I wonder if there is an aperitif service? or is the aperitif followed immediately by the tray with no drink refills or chance to enjoy the aperitif.
With the LH lounge in BOS not serving alcohol at the moment, it would be nice to wind down after a day of travel without being rushed with the tray and lights out for those that don't want that experience.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:36 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does LX offer a modified service for late-night departures? Im on a short TATL 945pm flight and wondering if it's still an aperitif service, appetizer/salad tray, followed by main dish and then dessert? or is it a one-tray pass with drink and lights out?
at the moment crews do what they think is appropriate and it is very difficult to predict what you have to expect (you know the new concept for more individual service, the intervention of the union and the compromise of the management, which was discussed on this board).
Actually for flights after 10pm, it is a one tray service. There is still a drink service before the meal...then they come with the tray (contains starter or salad, main and cheese) and another round of drinks (but it can take 10-15 minutes after the tray until they come to you with the trolley with another drink
before 10pm each course would be served separately...
But as said, pursers decide currently for themselves, what is accurate for the crew (not the passenger)....
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Thanks! From other reports in this thread, it looks like the full staged service is a one-tray meal with salad, cheese and main at once. No starter, followed by a dessert. That seems disappointing, but I guess understandable for such a short, late flight. I wonder if there is an aperitif service? or is the aperitif followed immediately by the tray with no drink refills or chance to enjoy the aperitif.
With the LH lounge in BOS not serving alcohol at the moment, it would be nice to wind down after a day of travel without being rushed with the tray and lights out for those that don't want that experience.
I am guessing you’re in C and not F so I would recommend you get a drink in one of the bars at the terminal and avoid disappointment on the plane… It shouldn’t be like that, but it is.
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYC1
I am guessing you’re in C and not F so I would recommend you get a drink in one of the bars at the terminal and avoid disappointment on the plane… It shouldn’t be like that, but it is.
Thanks! Yes, C. my BOS-ZRH flight is at 945pm so maybe it will still be a lengthier service with things more paced out.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by BinSabai
at the moment crews do what they think is appropriate and it is very difficult to predict what you have to expect (you know the new concept for more individual service, the intervention of the union and the compromise of the management, which was discussed on this board).
Actually for flights after 10pm, it is a one tray service. There is still a drink service before the meal...then they come with the tray (contains starter or salad, main and cheese) and another round of drinks (but it can take 10-15 minutes after the tray until they come to you with the trolley with another drink
before 10pm each course would be served separately...
But as said, pursers decide currently for themselves, what is accurate for the crew (not the passenger)....
Flew in C TATL on the last day of 2021 out of ZRH departing at 1PM. C was nearly full. It was as Bin Sabaď describes, except that the starter and, later, the main course were added on the tray that already included cheese. It seems that the crew rushed the service as if it was a 2-hour, rather than a 10-hour flight.

Having traveled on the same TATL route several times over the last months, it appears that there is no consistency with respect to the service. In any event, the quality of the food/wine served does not call for ceremonial service.

After having flown TATL on LH in November out of FRA, I realized that LH was not better, if not worse (at least in terms of food quality and military style injunctions with respect to mask wearing).
BinSabai likes this.

Last edited by Nic33; Jan 3, 2022 at 10:53 am
Old Jan 3, 2022, 3:01 pm

Raclette was still on offer in F on 1st Jan TATL, one serving with truffle, another one with pepper. As a raclette fan, I was not disappointed!

Travlur likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.