FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The SWISS Business & First Class Menu Thread
Old Dec 31, 2021, 1:05 pm
Kleffen

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by Kacee
We just did a RT in J on LX 39/38. The outbound from SFO, choices were filet, sea bass, or ravioli. Menu was same as when we flew this route in October. I had the ravioli, gf had the sea bass. Both were excellent, as was the service overall. Pre-arrival breakfast utilized the card and was also very good.

Return on LX38 was a completely different story. Crew were horribly disorganized and seemed very unhappy. Menu (which we had to ask for) was filet, meatloaf, cod, or a pumpkin goulash. I ordered the meatloaf and was given the cod. No explanation, FA just dumped it on my tray and scurried off. It was awful. GF (doesn't eat beef) tried to order cod, was told it was unavailable. She wound up with the goulash. It was awful. We hardly touched the mains and were never offered dessert. The new "bistro" concept applied for the pre-arrival meal. We were given menus around T-5. We were so disgusted by the dinner we didn't even try to order anything, preferring to wait and get something on the ground at SFO. The new concept seemed to keep the staff constantly running. Though how much of that was due to their total disorganization was not entirely clear.

A good reminder that LX remains one of the more inconsistent J experiences out there.
This sounds pretty crazy. With such obvious flaws from the behavior from the crew, I think I’d have a stern word with the purser after such an experience.