Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Menus ex ZRH in F and C (6 Mar 24 - 4 June 24)
First Class:

https://preview.thenewsmarket.com/Pr...ets/663584.pdf

Business Class:
https://preview.thenewsmarket.com/Pr...ets/663583.pdf

Link for pre-ordering meals ex ZRH in F and C

https://www.pre-flight-shopping.com/en/?p=eHSqnIMU_UQ

Special themes in F for 2024 (from olm022 )
21. February - 5. March 2024 (Caviar Weeks)
22. May - 6. June 2024 (Theme to be communicated)
21. August - 3. September 2024 (Theme to be communicated)

20. November - 3. December 2024 (Theme to be communicated)

Print Wikipost

The SWISS Business & First Class Menu Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:12 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by BinSabai
I paired the starter with a Sancerre 2016 from Loire region, the main dishes with a Clos l'Eglise 2014 from Pomerol and the dessert with a Ristretto of Nespresso
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Thank you for the detailed food descriptions and restaurant notes!
Yes indeed, thank you for the pictures! I always love and enjoy such picture essays very much as it brings back memories/experiences and makes one look forward to the next flight
BinSabai and ced_lx like this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 11:23 pm

I got an additional main dish, that was not on the menu: meatloaf with morel sauce, mash potatoes and green beans (created by Anja and Hans-Jörg Zingg of the El Paradiso Mountain Club in St. Moritz)
I had that on today's flight - dry meatloaf and tasteless mashed potatoes. Probably one of the worst airline meals I've had (as was the entire Swiss catering)

Last edited by oliver2002; Sep 21, 2021 at 12:55 am Reason: removed quoted image
Old Sep 18, 2021, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by tr3k
I had that on today's flight - dry meatloaf and tasteless mashed potatoes. Probably one of the worst airline meals I've had (as was the entire Swiss catering)
Did you make a photo of the C menu?
Old Sep 18, 2021, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by vievic
Did you make a photo of the C menu?
Sorry, forgot.

The service and the food were just so awful I was glad to be off that flight. Used to really like LX, but these 2 recent flights put it right next to UA on my personal list.

Dinner service took almost 3 hours (45 min wait for each plate, and then for the little piece of cheesecake), everything grocery store quality at best.

Left pretty much all of the meatloaf and potatoes uneaten. It also came with bacon strips, which were hard and leathery. Didn't think it was possible to screw up bacon, but now I saw everything. And that salmon they dare to call "balik" - that's some hutzpa there.
hugolover likes this.

Last edited by tr3k; Sep 18, 2021 at 4:24 pm
Old Sep 18, 2021, 8:45 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
in First?
was this on the menu (as it is not on the normal menu in F in september)!
Old Sep 19, 2021, 4:05 am

in First?
was this on the menu (as it is not on the normal menu in F in september)!
Meat loaf is on the C menu in september (according to https://upgradedpoints.com/news/swis...rvice-updates/).
Old Sep 19, 2021, 7:59 am

I guess that explains why it was so hard - they reused the leftover F meatloaf from August in C in September
Old Sep 19, 2021, 9:01 am

I guess that explains why it was so hard - they reused the leftover F meatloaf from August in C in September
nonsense!
they offered it as well in F in September as an additional main course, which was not on the menu...

De gustibus non est disputandum...

for guys from the new world, meat loaf and mash potato might be a very ordinary and plain dish, ranked far below beef steak, filets, burgers, potato gratin, baked potatoes etc.
for guys from Central Europe, a well prepared meat loaf with mash potatoe is part of the well honored grandma's kitchen
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Yes, the catering has gone to the dogs, already before Corona (the dogs would possibly like it). Another reason why I don't book SWISS any more in any cabin.
hugolover likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 12:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Really not impressed by these vegetarian meals... they totally lack flavour. And: Why no proper dessert but always fruit? Also: Have had this meal over and over again, there seems to be no rotation whatsoever.

Vegetarian meal (preorder) TLL-ZRH today.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 8:22 am

nonsense!
for guys from the new world, meat loaf and mash potato might be a very ordinary and plain dish, ranked far below beef steak, filets, burgers, potato gratin, baked potatoes etc.
for guys from Central Europe, a well prepared meat loaf with mash potatoe is part of the well honored grandma's kitchen
I am from "east of Europe", but a *well prepared* meatloaf is certainly very much appreciated. That particular dish was nothing like it - in fact, might have been the first time in my life I have not finished a metaloaf
hugolover likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 9:26 am

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Maybe I am missing something. I remember a "meat loaf" preparation in long haul C a few years ago. It actually was excellent...savory, good flavors, silky texture.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 12:58 pm

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
Maybe I am missing something. I remember a "meat loaf" preparation in long haul C a few years ago. It actually was excellent...savory, good flavors, silky texture.
It is back in C and even in F apparently (pretendedly from Paradiso in St. Moritz).
Old Sep 20, 2021, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would hope everyone's Grandma knocked up dishes far, far better than reheated airline food.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 7:16 pm

I am from "east of Europe", but a *well prepared* meatloaf is certainly very much appreciated. That particular dish was nothing like it - in fact, might have been the first time in my life I have not finished a metaloaf
then we had totally different dishes; maybe something went wrong with yours. mine was good (not dry at all as you claim) and I am quite a demanding patron...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.