Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2010, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by abcx
Got my biz card approved - they only needed a street address (I put in a PO Box; yeah, yeah, I know...). Will also extend my SPG Amex validity to next July. My personal card would have been due for renewal in Oct and I didn't really want to pay the annual fee. Now I'll just cancel the personal and keep the new biz card.
Just read somewhere that the business card does not provide the same protections (under the fair credit reporting act I believe) as the personal card. So beware. I am sure that others can correct me if I misquoted.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Wife and I received emails congratulating us on being approved for the Business card. In the third paragraph it has a link "To learn more about your new card right now, click here or go to www.americanexpress.com/opencardbenefits".

If you click the actual link, it takes you to a web page about the HHonors Surpass Card

When I try and open the "opencardbenefits" web, it says the web page is no longer valid.

Has anyone else received this same email?????????

Glad I know about the benefits.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by deant
5 of your 8 posts have asked the exact same question.

Bonus points will, in all probability, post at the same time as the spending points.
Not hard to tell what made him sign up for FT huh.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 6:13 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Just read somewhere that the business card does not provide the same protections (under the fair credit reporting act I believe) as the personal card. So beware. I am sure that others can correct me if I misquoted.
And what does that really mean? Like, what kind of things don't they have to do?

I'm just a bit confused cuz I don't really know a lot about the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

Thanks!

-Brian
Old Jul 8, 2010, 6:15 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Wife and I received emails congratulating us on being approved for the Business card. In the third paragraph it has a link "To learn more about your new card right now, click here or go to www.americanexpress.com/opencardbenefits".

If you click the actual link, it takes you to a web page about the HHonors Surpass Card

When I try and open the "opencardbenefits" web, it says the web page is no longer valid.

Has anyone else received this same email?????????

Glad I know about the benefits.
No, I didn't get that email. I got an email saying that I was approved and gave me a link to activate my card when I get it.

Did you happen to also apply for the AMEX Gold Business card or something like that? I got that card a couple weeks ago and it is part of AMEX's Open program. I don't remember what that email said when I got approved, but it was part of Open.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 6:17 am

double post, sorry.

please delete
Old Jul 8, 2010, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
And what does that really mean? Like, what kind of things don't they have to do?

I'm just a bit confused cuz I don't really know a lot about the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

Thanks!

-Brian
Among other things, some business cards do not offer the same rights/protections if you want to dispute a charge.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 6:42 am

Oh, ok. I thought it was just an interest rate thing (something that shouldn't matter to anybody who's using a rewards CC), but I wasn't aware of the dispute part of it.

Thanks

-Brian
Old Jul 8, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Is the offer still alive?

I know the date was thru 7/6/2010 but the original link still takes me to the app page with 30,000 offer.

Family member I mentioned this too just called me and wants to sign up.

I read back a few pages.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 7:23 am

Programs: AA EXP
Anybody get their biz card yet? If so, how was it delivered?
Old Jul 8, 2010, 7:32 am
In Memoriam

approval

Just got the approval for the card. It took 7 days as opposed to 14 days.

Haven't received the card, however.

bg
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:15 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Both wife and I just got approved for the Business version of the card. We called and had to do some verification and was approved over the phone. ^
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:16 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by beachmiles
I know the date was thru 7/6/2010 but the original link still takes me to the app page with 30,000 offer.

Family member I mentioned this too just called me and wants to sign up.

I read back a few pages.
If the link works, why not try it?
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:20 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by psyflyer
We called and had to do some verification and was approved over the phone. ^
What number did you call? My spouse's application is still pending.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:45 am

Approved for the personal card. The status for the Business card said "cancelled". Called the 800 #, she said it was a glitch in the system, she was reactivating the application, and I should know by the end of the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.