Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2010, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

Just saw this new offer on SPG and did not find it in the forum yet:
For a limited time only, get 30,000 StarpointsŪ after making just $1,000 in eligible purchases during the first 3 months of Cardmembership. This is our richest offer yet for the Card. The offer will only be available June 30 - July 6, 2010.
Get it here:
https://www143.americanexpress.com/a...SS_AMEX_US_RSS
Old Jun 30, 2010, 7:13 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Wow! Fantastic Offer!
Old Jun 30, 2010, 7:30 am

Programs: AA Exp
FT Community, you are welcome!

This offer is obviously in response to the 5 family members I signed up for the 10K offer this past week.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by gsch
Just saw this new offer on SPG and did not find it in the forum yet:
For a limited time only, get 30,000 StarpointsŪ after making just $1,000 in eligible purchases during the first 3 months of Cardmembership. This is our richest offer yet for the Card. The offer will only be available June 30 - July 6, 2010.
Get it here:
https://www143.americanexpress.com/a...SS_AMEX_US_RSS
I'm upset because I just got my card earlier this month with the 10k bonus. Does anyone know if you can call and get this promo instead of the 10k?
Old Jun 30, 2010, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Can someone with previous experience with similar offers clarify this ...

Terms and Conditions

1. Offer not available to existing Starwood Preferred Guest (Business) Credit Cardmembers. To be eligible, Cardmember must charge $1,000 of eligible purchases to the Starwood Preferred Guest (Business) Credit Card during the first three months of Cardmembership. Cardmembership commences on the date the Card application is approved. 30,000 Starpoints will be credited to Cardmember's account 8 to 12 weeks after the $1,000 spend threshold is reached. Offer expires 7/6/10. Eligible purchases do not include cash and cash equivalent transactions (including balance transfers, convenience checks, and cash advances), finance charges, fees, and purchase credit adjustments.
2 situations:

(1) I have a Personal card currently ... can I apply for a Business card and get the points?

(2) Can my secondary card holder apply for a personal and/or business card and qualify for the points since technically that person never applied for their own card?

Thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2010, 8:20 am

Programs: UA 1K
Applied and Approved. Been waiting for a great offer like this to get the SPG Amex. Thank for posting this deal!
Old Jun 30, 2010, 8:27 am

I called to see if they could switch me from the 10k promo to the 30k promo since I just got the card this month. They said they are not allowed to change the initial promo you sign up for.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
Originally Posted by neo_781

2 situations:

(1) I have a Personal card currently ... can I apply for a Business card and get the points?

(2) Can my secondary card holder apply for a personal and/or business card and qualify for the points since technically that person never applied for their own card?

Thanks!
I also jsut signed up for the 10k promo and trying to get to the other 15k points. Can i sign up for a biz card for the 30k? I might just have my fiancee sign up and transfer the points to my account.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: SPG, UA, BA, AA, Hawaiian, Cont.
Originally Posted by neo_781

2 situations:

Thanks!
? x2

Wife and I have had person SPG Card for a while, neither ever applied for Business... I went ahead and submitted the apps for giggles.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: UA, SPG
Does anyone know if this will work with referrals? My dad was planning to sign up using my referral link, but this would obviously be a better offer.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Flyinace2000
I also jsut signed up for the 10k promo and trying to get to the other 15k points. Can i sign up for a biz card for the 30k? I might just have my fiancee sign up and transfer the points to my account.
What's the spending threshold for the addtional 15k spending bonus? I'm hoping I am eligible for that since I signed up for the 10k bonus.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: UA, SPG
Originally Posted by rtraveler
What's the spending threshold for the addtional 15k spending bonus? I'm hoping I am eligible for that since I signed up for the 10k bonus.
You have to spend $15K.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:08 am

Approved! My first ever SPG card, thanks everyone for highlighting the value of the card and sharing this great promo!
Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: AA GLD 1MM; US PP; HH Diamond; SPG Plat; Wegmans Shoppers Club; ExxonMobil Speedpass
Applied and approved, so now I have the SPG card alongside my HHonors card. Any idea if Amex will let me combine them (and retire the Hilton card) once the dust settles?

Thanks for the pointer to the promo. FYI it also just appeared on the spg.com landing page.

twj
Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:17 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Amex card limits...

I was planning on just focusing on a few spend requirements over the next 3-6 months but this is a very hard one to pass by.

SPG has always been on my list but the series of great offers this year has meant it just kept getting deferred, assuming the 10k + 15k bonus on $15k spend would stick around.

So, any insight on whether I can pull off getting approved (before I try), given the following:

* Never had an Amex SPG.
* 2 accts opened with Amex right now: 1) Amex Gold Business for 50k MR, opened ~6/15/10 and 2) Amex Premier Rewards Gold for 25k MR opened ~4/15/10.
* No other Amex activity in at least the last year.
* Strong scores (750-790).
* ~20 INQ's over the last 2 years but quite a few of those mortgages.
* 3 INQ in the last 3 months, 7 in the last 6.

I've been trying to let INQ's drop but the offers keep coming.

I know no one can say I'll be approved, but I'm wondering if anyone can say that I will get denied due to a hard rule (E.g. 2 new amex per 3 months or something) so as to avoid adding an INQ for no benefit.

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.