Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2010, 3:34 pm

Applied for the biz card today, received the 14 day message and then I received the following e-mail:

Thank you for applying for the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit CardSM from American Express. In order to complete the processing of your application we need more information.

Please call us at 1-888-826-3471 between 8:00 A.M. and 10:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday or between 10:00 A.M. and 6:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time Saturday to provide us with this information. Be sure to refer to the date and reference number of this email when you call.

If you have already discussed your application with an American Express Representative, please disregard this communication.

Sincerely,
American Express Customer Service

When I called the # I was asked if my reference number ended in 1351 and it did. I supplied the info they requested and was approved. Hope this info helps those waiting for approval.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Talking

Glad I checked this forum today! Applied and got instantly approved
Old Jul 6, 2010, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
made my $1000 charge to a charity today with my new card. Now lets see if I score the 30K pts.....
Old Jul 6, 2010, 3:58 pm

What info did they want?

Originally Posted by yesletsski

When I called the # I was asked if my reference number ended in 1351 and it did. I supplied the info they requested and was approved. Hope this info helps those waiting for approval.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 4:16 pm

Promotion Over???

So signed up for the card about 2 hours ago. Got instantly approved then said no I didn't want my card info printed out and just send me it in the mail. When I clicked on that response it goes to a page that said the promo has expired (after I already signed up through the link and the 30k offer showed all the way through).

I am now on hold with American Express and they are telling me the promo expires 7/6 so that really means midnight 7/5 and that the offer is no longer valid. I am trying to talk to a manager but does this make any sense?? If I don't get the 30k I really don't want the card.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by 335i
So signed up for the card about 2 hours ago. Got instantly approved then said no I didn't want my card info printed out and just send me it in the mail. When I clicked on that response it goes to a page that said the promo has expired (after I already signed up through the link and the 30k offer showed all the way through).

I am now on hold with American Express and they are telling me the promo expires 7/6 so that really means midnight 7/5 and that the offer is no longer valid. I am trying to talk to a manager but does this make any sense?? If I don't get the 30k I really don't want the card.
You're fine. Scroll back a few pages here for the details, but the short version is, the post-signup landing page is a different promo offer, and that one expired at the end of June. The 30K is valid till tonight.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 4:23 pm
blh

Originally Posted by widukie
FWIW, I called the New Card folks, told them I had a current Personal card and applied for another Personal card. Asked if I could still get the 30 K. Person said the offer was on my new card and I would be able to get it.

Skeptical. We'll see.
What number did you call?
Old Jul 6, 2010, 4:27 pm

swag - thanks for the quick response. Glad to hear I am ok. I got a number to call new accounts from the manager I spoke to just to make sure.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 5:20 pm

Hello everyone. Thanks for the information regarding the Starwood Amex 30K promo. I applied today (the last day) and got instantly approved. Can't wait to browse through FlyerTalk and see what I can do with my 30,000 points! (I know, I know, provided I spend a thou in three months after receiving the card).
Old Jul 6, 2010, 5:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Thanks Skinsfan! worked for me too! ^
Old Jul 6, 2010, 6:02 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by psyflyer
Thanks Skinsfan! worked for me too! ^
Glad it's working for a bunch of people. I figured that it was worth a try when I did it and since it worked for me I figured I should give back to the FT community and "share the wealth"!
Old Jul 6, 2010, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Applied for business card on June 30th and received the dreaded 14-day response. Called this AM and got no help (was told it would take 3-5 days for approval). Call this PM (since I was contemplating whether or not to just apply for personal card and get instant approval) and was approved! However, online still says "in progress" but was told over the phone that it was approved. FYI, did not receive any emails or etc from AMEX for verification purposes.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by ddsohn
Applied for business card on June 30th and received the dreaded 14-day response. Called this AM and got no help (was told it would take 3-5 days for approval). Call this PM (since I was contemplating whether or not to just apply for personal card and get instant approval) and was approved! However, online still says "in progress" but was told over the phone that it was approved. FYI, did not receive any emails or etc from AMEX for verification purposes.
Thanks for the information.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 7:28 pm

Just signed up tonight. Have a question for everyone: I also need to apply for a Schwab Bank One account (in order to cash out my rewards from my 2% Schwab Visa). Is it best to apply the same day as my another hard inquiry (i.e. tonight), or should I wait a week or so? I keep hearing that inquiries within 14 (or 30?) days are grouped together as 1 single inquiry for credit scoring purposes, but I don't know for sure.

Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2010, 7:33 pm

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.