Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2010, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by justcome
So did anyone get instant approval for the business card?
Not me. How about you?
Old Jul 1, 2010, 3:10 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by widukie
I opened it last December.

Well, it said only if you had a Business card. If you go to the Business Card page, it specifies in the T+C that it is not open to existing Business accounts. If you go to the Personal Page, it says no such thing. Maybe I missed it, but I don't see where having a Personal card matters at all.
The phrase they use is "Offer not available to existing Starwood Preferred Guest (Business) Credit Cardmembers" The parenthesis means to existing Personal cardholders applying for a Personal card and existing Business cardholders applying for a Business card. They worded it quite strangely but their policy is one lifetime bonus per flavor of card (Personal and Business). Some have reported success after more than 2 years since their last account opening - but I cannot verify that.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by daveland
The phrase they use is "Offer not available to existing Starwood Preferred Guest (Business) Credit Cardmembers" The parenthesis means to existing Personal cardholders applying for a Personal card and existing Business cardholders applying for a Business card. They worded it quite strangely but their policy is one lifetime bonus per flavor of card (Personal and Business). Some have reported success after more than 2 years since their last account opening - but I cannot verify that.
That had crossed my mind. Weird way to put it.

Ah well. Was going to get another card anyway.

Maybe I'll start a bidness in the next four days.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 3:18 pm

Programs: Cards with lots of logos on them
So I applied yesterday in the morning for the card, was instantly approved and read that they would send me the card ASAP so I can start using it etc..... Well.... HOLY SMOKES! I just recieved the card to day via UPS next day air. I have never ever gotten anything this quick before.

I guess they want me to start spending right away.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 3:27 pm

Programs: Cards with lots of logos on them
Can I go ahead and purchase $1000 worth of coins immediately after recieving the card? Or should I wait a week or two then place the order?
Old Jul 1, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: I'm all in on Ultimate Rewards
no one has responded about the referral bonus?
any ideas?
Old Jul 1, 2010, 3:58 pm

No...

Originally Posted by psyflyer
Not me. How about you?
Old Jul 1, 2010, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM; US PP; HH Diamond; SPG Plat; Wegmans Shoppers Club; ExxonMobil Speedpass
Originally Posted by bthobe
So I applied yesterday in the morning for the card, was instantly approved and read that they would send me the card ASAP so I can start using it etc..... Well.... HOLY SMOKES! I just recieved the card to day via UPS next day air. I have never ever gotten anything this quick before.

I guess they want me to start spending right away.
Likewise, mine was waiting for me when i got home today. Color me impressed.

During the obligatory activation phone call, I asked them to confirm which bonus offer was attached to the account, but that part of their system was going through a maintenance so he wasn't able to confirm.

twj
Old Jul 1, 2010, 5:11 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by spotydoty
any ideas?
You cannot refer a friend to this offer - no two ways about it. Well, you can tell them about it out of the goodness of your heart - but you can't earn points for it yourself.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 5:21 pm

Can I apply for any of these great Cards as a canadian?

All of these amazing deals seem to be strictly for americans? any deals for canadians?
Old Jul 1, 2010, 5:24 pm

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
Originally Posted by bthobe
So I applied yesterday .... HOLY SMOKES! I just recieved the card to day via UPS next day air.
Me too, this is just amazing next day card delivery!! Talk about an impressive start... God job AMEX.... I'll be talking about it all next week at lunch...
Old Jul 1, 2010, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by spotydoty
any ideas?
To get the referral bonus your "friend" has to go through via the referral link in his/her email. Unless you want to rob your friend of 20000 points (since he/she will only get 10000 points from the "regular" offer) you can do that to get your 5000 points.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:05 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Wow, my card showed up today also, ~32 hours after i applied!!

They also included an SPG50 certificate good for a stay of 1 to 5 nights, I wasn't expecting that.

Last edited by TCnSanDiegoCA; Jul 1, 2010 at 6:20 pm
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:32 pm

Obviously too early to know, but is anyone concerned that amex will be difficult about giving the 30000 points since those who did the 10,000 plus 15,000 for $15,000 spend had trouble collecting the points with amex.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select
Awesome!! My first SPG Amex and I've been dilly dallying for years to get one!! Too good to past up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.