Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by aktamucsd
After you have spent 1,000, how long will it takes the points to show up???? Please advise.......
It took less than a month for me......maybe 2-3 weeks if I remember correctly.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:25 am

2-3 weeks after the $1000 statement? Or, 2-3 weeks after spending $1000?

Originally Posted by ShakuniMama
It took less than a month for me......maybe 2-3 weeks if I remember correctly.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 6:51 am

Programs: HH diamond
Grrr! Got the 14 day wait and see msg for the Business card. I'm a freelance writer but have a steady income from my real job.

Fingers crossed it'll go thru. Actually have big expenses coming up related to the side job, so would make the spend threshold easily.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by travelinfoo
Grrr! Got the 14 day wait and see msg for the Business card. I'm a freelance writer but have a steady income from my real job.

Fingers crossed it'll go thru. Actually have big expenses coming up related to the side job, so would make the spend threshold easily.
I don't think this 14 days wait period is being determined by credit score/ratings since no-one has been approved instantly. It appears that they will verify if you have a genuine business before approving the business card.
Just my 2 cents
Old Jul 5, 2010, 9:34 am

Programs: SPG UA WN HA
Many thanks to the OP for this. Husband and I were both approved.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:18 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Wow almost missed this one....... approved right away!
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:48 pm

hmmm

hmmm... can i buy $1000 amex gift card to get 30,000 bonus starpoints?
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by ShakuniMama
I don't think this 14 days wait period is being determined by credit score/ratings since no-one has been approved instantly. It appears that they will verify if you have a genuine business before approving the business card.
Just my 2 cents
I don't thuink either of your conclusions fit the facts.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:58 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
Neither do I. There is no "small business registry' that we can go on to prove our status. Many of us just work out of our homes on little side projects.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 1:38 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by needtoescape
From several posts in this thread, it appears that people who are getting instant approval for this card often are receiving it via UPS on the next business day. Is UPS the only delivery method, or are there are there other delivery options to select? The reason for my question is that I am travelling Tues am - Thurs pm and don't want the card left outside my front door while I am out of town, and I don't want to have the card returned to the sender if UPS tries to deliver it a few times when I'm not home. When I order merchandise on-line, I usually get a tracking number for UPS and can manage the delivery online, but I wasn't sure if this would be an option with the SPG card.

Thanks for any feedback!
I'm in a similar situation, wife and I both got approved today but we'll be out of town starting Wed morning. I guess if they (UPS) are not requiring a signature, I can have my neighbor check on the delivery and hold them for us.

In any case, many thanks to OP for posting - great deal!
Old Jul 5, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by tlqlr1
hmmm... can i buy $1000 amex gift card to get 30,000 bonus starpoints?
suggest you buy a cup of coffee, a tank of gas and or some groceries first. then slip in the gift card. Why be obvious.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Has anybody been approved for the SPG business card? It's difficult to tell who's been approved for which card. I've received the infamous 14-day notice. If approved, was it instant approval or approved at a later time?
Old Jul 5, 2010, 3:26 pm

Wife and I also got wait-listed for the business card. We both already had the personal.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by MrHalliday
Care to share the facts?
Do you have an alternative explanation why no has been approved for the Biz Card but almost everyone has been approved for the Personal Cards?
They have done it before and they might call to verify that you actually have a business even on the side.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by ddsohn
Has anybody been approved for the SPG business card? It's difficult to tell who's been approved for which card. I've received the infamous 14-day notice. If approved, was it instant approval or approved at a later time?
AFAIK no one on any forum has a positive confirmation of instant approval for Biz card. Everyone seems to be waiting for 14 days period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.