Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2010, 11:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by ShakuniMama
Please do let us know.......suspense is killing me ............and I want to sleep tonight
giftcards. shhhh.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 1:24 pm

If I use paypal to pay a friend, I understand there is a 3% fee but does it show up as a purchase on the card and not a cash advance?

$30 is not the end of the world to get so many points.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 8:11 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond, , AA Gold, Bonvoy Titaniu
Yes, it goes through as a purchase. But, you have three full months- surely if you pay your groceries, daily purchases around town, dining, etc. you can rack up most of that spend in your ordinary expenses.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 10:41 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by ddsohn
Anybody get their biz card yet? If so, how was it delivered?
TWO business cards Fri. UPS
Old Jul 11, 2010, 6:33 am

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
Found out that since I moved back in April the needed to confirm my address. That's why I didn't get an instant approval. Faxed them a bill to confirm and now just waiting for them to update my application.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, DL DM
Too Late?

Originally Posted by AA Novice
I just found this thread and wondered the same thing.
Just found this thread too - new to the boards and trying to book some London SPG stays in November. Thinking this offer would have been great.

Has anyone had luck with calling Starwood Amex to see if they'll still offer this past July 6 or is this typically never done?
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:13 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by cutnana
If I use paypal to pay a friend, I understand there is a 3% fee but does it show up as a purchase on the card and not a cash advance?

$30 is not the end of the world to get so many points.
That is true, but if you're going to keep trying to rack up points, $30/1000 points isn't really "worth it".
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by GTEnvCO2
Just found this thread too - new to the boards and trying to book some London SPG stays in November. Thinking this offer would have been great.

Has anyone had luck with calling Starwood Amex to see if they'll still offer this past July 6 or is this typically never done?
I am also new and would also love an answer to the above question. Tx in advance.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 3:22 pm

Got my business card via UPS like others have and went through the enclosed material. It was just the standard credit card disclosures and basic SPG information. There was nothing about the 30,000 point promo for which I applied. How can I be sure that this will be honored? Also, will the points go to my current SPG account or will I have to combine from a new account?
Old Jul 11, 2010, 3:48 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by milemonkey
Got my business card via UPS like others have and went through the enclosed material. It was just the standard credit card disclosures and basic SPG information. There was nothing about the 30,000 point promo for which I applied. How can I be sure that this will be honored? Also, will the points go to my current SPG account or will I have to combine from a new account?
Best thing to do: print out/screen print the offer when you do it! Then if there is a problem you will have documentation. (Too late now I know but for the future...)
Old Jul 11, 2010, 6:20 pm

Programs: HH diamond
AFAIK, the SPG Amex 30K offer was the only active one during the 6/30-7/6/2010 period. I saw it at the bottom of the SPG entry page and on the side of my personal page. The usual SPG Amex offer was gone.
So save the confirmation email that AMEX sent to you after you applied. It indicates the date when you applied. If it has date within the offer period, you should be fine.

I asked a AMEX CSA when I noticed the same thing-nothing on the email and nothing it the packet. He said that the offer was limited to 6/30-7/6. Those who applied during that time period and were approved got the 30K offer. My application date, as long it reflected a date during that period, on my email was my verification that I had the offer.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 6:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Welcome to FT, GTEnvCO2!

Originally Posted by GTEnvCO2
I actually called them a couple of days ago, and they said they're very strict and there's no way they will extend it.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Welcome to FT, GTEnvCO2!

I actually called them a couple of days ago, and they said they're very strict and there's no way they will extend it.
Tx. Good to know.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:06 am

Got my business card via UPS like others have and went through the enclosed material. It was just the standard credit card disclosures and basic SPG information. There was nothing about the 30,000 point promo for which I applied. How can I be sure that this will be honored?
I sent them an email using the "secure communication" tool on the Amex website. They were able to confirm for me that I was signed up for the 30k promo. They also said that it would post 8 weeks after the $1k spend, and would arrive in one transaction of 10k points and a second transaction of 20k points.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:18 am

Programs: SPG Plat, UA 1P, Hertz PC
Applied and received SPG Personal card ~60 days ago. Applied and was approved for SPG Business Card for the condo association I am the treasurer of last week; awaiting card to arrive in mail.

AMEX sent me a message indicating I had to call in to confirm address and phone. I called in and was approved while on the line with CSA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.