Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Companion Pass 2015-2016

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
According to a post last week it may just be a glitch on the 1K not being CPQP

[/COLOR]
Got it. So… how would someone know that the points were CPQ then?

FYI: The My Account>My Rapid Rewards>Companion Status graphic (for 2015) doesn't include the 1,000 either, for what that's worth.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by sweetfire009
The same thing happened to me as nurseromero and Brewer20. The charges that put me over the $2000 spending threshold hit before my Personal Plus statement closed, but within 5 days of the closing date, and the 50K bonus didn't post. I'm having a hard time waiting a month to see if the problem resolves itself because I have travel plans that depend on getting the companion pass by March.

I'm also afraid that if I call Chase to confirm that I'm registered for the promotion then they'll notice that I also received the Personal Premier bonus this year and not give me the points for the Personal Plus. Has anyone experienced this, or should I just risk it and call rather than worrying about it for the next month?
Applied for the Personal Plus card Nov 2014, met the spending requirements on Jan 1 (transactions ended up with a posting date of Jan 3), statement closed on Jan 4 and I DID NOT receive the 50,000 bonus points. I emailed customer service to ensure that I was enrolled in the promotion and to confirm that my points would be posted on my Feb statement since i had met the spending requirements. They confirmed that it would. My Feb statement was cut today, and the 50,000 bonus points posted.

Of note, I have had the Personal Premiere for ~2 years and received 50,000 bonus points from that promotion back then.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1

FYI: The My Account>My Rapid Rewards>Companion Status graphic (for 2015) doesn't include the 1,000 either, for what that's worth.
NO idea but there seems to be an issue with orders that occur in one year and post in the next..........There is probably a thread concerning this somewhere
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:55 pm

Just checked my account. The points received from Christmas (2014) flower orders posted to my RR account on January 9, 2015 and didn't show as CPQ for either 2014 or 2015.

Last edited by NextTrip; Feb 5, 2015 at 10:01 pm
Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
According to a post last week it may just be a glitch on the 1K not being CPQP

[/COLOR]

NO idea but there seems to be an issue with orders that occur in one year and post in the next..........There is probably a thread concerning this somewhere
The issue of partner points posting that don't show as CPQPs online but do, in fact, count towards CPQPs is in a definitely the very limited situation of when the activity date and the posting date straddle a calendar year.

I know my HGP transferred points were, in fact, CPQPs (even though it doesn't show as such online) because I wouldn't have earned my CP without them; but, I'm not sure whether there is another way to confirm (perhaps calling?).
Old Feb 6, 2015, 2:55 am

So concensus seems to be that the actual CP card isn't necessary. I qualified for the CP on 1/21 and still don't have it. Is it worth contacting SW to get it, or should I just let it be?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
So concensus seems to be that the actual CP card isn't necessary. I qualified for the CP on 1/21 and still don't have it. Is it worth contacting SW to get it, or should I just let it be?
Not. Worth. Contacting. Southwest.

Let it be.

Your card will likely arrive in the next week or two. And, then you can put it in your sock drawer because you won't need it. And, you say "qualified." Have you designated your companion? IIRC, the card isn't sent until after you designate a companion.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by FindAWay

Not. Worth. Contacting. Southwest.

Let it be.

Your card will likely arrive in the next week or two. And, then you can put it in your sock drawer because you won't need it. And, you say "qualified." Have you designated your companion? IIRC, the card isn't sent until after you designate a companion.
Yes. I designated my wife on 1/21
Old Feb 6, 2015, 6:40 am

Yes. I designated my wife on 1/21
Yea, no need for the physical card. It's all in the SW system. The only use I can think of is if use any sort of MS to obtain the CP, and your spouse is a reluctant participant of your MS, then you can give him/her the card for bragging rights.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:58 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Note from one of your Moderators:

I have moved several posts to the Official Peanut Gallery Thread, where you may continue off-topic discussion of whether or not you agree with moderators' decisions and whether or not posters should use immoderate language. It's our own little OMNI in that thread, so have at it.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:57 am

Does RR43 works on all items or selected items? It does not work for me on some items I selected.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 8:10 pm

Programs: Lotz
I throw mine in the trash with the junk mail when I get it. Totally unnecessary.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Data point - transferred Hyatt points on 02/03 to top off my account. They posted this morning (02/09) and my companion pass is 100% usable right now (just added a companion and can add to an existing booking). Downside is there's no spot to enter a RR number and for some reason it won't auto-fill like others have reported, so I will be calling Southwest shortly to see what's up.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
I was asked for the actual CP card in at FLL last year. They said they check because of abuse of CP there. YMMV
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by DebitNM
I was asked for the actual CP card in at FLL last year. They said they check because of abuse of CP there. YMMV
At check-in counter? I was asked for nothing at FLL yesterday, but I didn't check bags and never visited the check in counter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.