Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Companion Pass 2015-2016

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by PointAbuser
Just wanted to post and... brag? Sure. Post and brag about playing the system and getting a companion pass in just 43 days, that is then good for an entire 687 days! Woohoo!

Managed the timing of a ton of stuff so that a boatload of points all hit at right at the beginning of 2015. Just checked my account and I'm about 17k shy of the companion pass as I type this. Upcoming flights get me about 6k (BS fares I'm paying for to get A-List as well), a few 1800-flowers orders I just sent, plus the points when my SW Visa statement closes on the 13th should put me just over 110k points.

Well, it may be a little longer than 43 days - depending on when the 1800-flowers points hit. I've heard they post pretty quick though.
Congratulations, I suppose, but, you seem to have counted your chickens before your eggs have hatched since the points haven't hit yet, right?

And, sorry to rain on your parade...

You might want to read the T&Cs for 1-800-Flowers, they added new language that "Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification. " This is new. So, points may not count under this promotion this time.

And, did this post necessitate a new thread?

Anyone else manage to pull off a companion pass by Feb 13th in prior years? Curious as to how well I did in comparison to the other crazy point/mile people on this board
You're kidding, right? There's a well-known method that many of us have used to earn all 110K CPQPs needed in the first 1-3 days of the calendar year (and it has nothing to do with the WN CCs).

In 2013, I waited until 1/10 to do it and had all of the CPQPs needed on 1/12.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:11 am

OP, nothing personal but this isn't a significant accomplishment and certainly isn't worthy of a new thread.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
There's a well-known method that many of us have used to earn all 110K CPQPs needed in the first 1-3 days of the calendar year (and it has nothing to do with the WN CCs

I've been here awhile and try to be humble. Want to share, as I don't seem to know what exact method ?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by FindAWay
You might want to read the T&Cs for 1-800-Flowers, they added new language that "Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification. " This is new. So, points may not count under this promotion this time.
The promotional points for me recently have posted and counted. YMMV
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by wahooshoe
With the 1,750 offer? If so, how recently? The below T&Cs appeared in marketing emails starting earlier this week. Previously, there had been no mention of points not being CP qualifying.

Even with the new disclaimer, I'm not 100% sure that these won't post as CP qualifying. If you read through the RR program T&Cs the only thing that is supposed to qualify is flight and credit cards, and that has never actually been the case.

Terms and Conditions: Member will receive 1,750 bonus points for each order of $29.99 or more, excluding service/delivery fees and taxes through February 15, 2015. An order can include more than one item.

Bonus points can be earned on purchases made at www.1800flowers.com and using promo code RR43 or by calling 1-800-Flowers® (1-800-356-9377) and providing your Rapid Rewards® account number and promo code RR43. An order can include more than one item. Items may vary and are subject to availability, delivery rules and times. Offers available online and by phone. Offers cannot be combined, are not available on all products and are subject to restrictions, limitations, and blackout periods. Minimum purchase price $29.99. Prices and charges are subject to change without notice. Void where prohibited. Must provide promotion code RR43 and Rapid Rewards account number at the time of purchase. No points will be awarded on cancelled orders. Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification. Please allow six to eight weeks for bonus points to post to your account. © 2015 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, INC. Southwest® reserves the right to amend, suspend, terminate, or change the program and/or program rules at any time without notice. Rapid Rewards Members do not acquire property rights in accrued points and awards. The number of points needed for any particular Southwest flight is set by Southwest and will vary depending on destination, time, day of travel, demand, point redemption rate, and other factors and are subject to change.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by DebitNM
There's a well-known method that many of us have used to earn all 110K CPQPs needed in the first 1-3 days of the calendar year (and it has nothing to do with the WN CCs

I've been here awhile and try to be humble. Want to share, as I don't seem to know what exact method ?
I am also curious on this method that I haven't seen it as a long-time lurker.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by DebitNM

Marriott travel packages where they dump 120,000(?) WN CPQP points into your account upon your command. What do I win?

Another way would be to fly 8-10 BS legs (depending on fares) as part of round trips started in the previous year but that would take a bit longer, perhaps a month assuming weekly travel.

Last edited by joshua362; Feb 5, 2015 at 1:23 pm
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:23 pm

I think I'd rather just open two credit cards...
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by sauceisboss
With the 1,750 offer? If so, how recently? The below T&Cs appeared in marketing emails starting earlier this week. Previously, there had been no mention of points not being CP qualifying.

Even with the new disclaimer, I'm not 100% sure that these won't post as CP qualifying. If you read through the RR program T&Cs the only thing that is supposed to qualify is flight and credit cards, and that has never actually been the case.

Terms and Conditions: Member will receive 1,750 bonus points for each order of $29.99 or more, excluding service/delivery fees and taxes through February 15, 2015. An order can include more than one item.

Bonus points can be earned on purchases made at www.1800flowers.com and using promo code RR43 or by calling 1-800-Flowers® (1-800-356-9377) and providing your Rapid Rewards® account number and promo code RR43. An order can include more than one item. Items may vary and are subject to availability, delivery rules and times. Offers available online and by phone. Offers cannot be combined, are not available on all products and are subject to restrictions, limitations, and blackout periods. Minimum purchase price $29.99. Prices and charges are subject to change without notice. Void where prohibited. Must provide promotion code RR43 and Rapid Rewards account number at the time of purchase. No points will be awarded on cancelled orders. Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification. Please allow six to eight weeks for bonus points to post to your account. © 2015 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, INC. Southwest® reserves the right to amend, suspend, terminate, or change the program and/or program rules at any time without notice. Rapid Rewards Members do not acquire property rights in accrued points and awards. The number of points needed for any particular Southwest flight is set by Southwest and will vary depending on destination, time, day of travel, demand, point redemption rate, and other factors and are subject to change.
That's the difference. I did two 1,000pt promotions and they seemed to work
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by joshua362
Marriott travel packages where they dump 120,000(?) WN CPQP points into your account upon your command. What do I win?
@:-)
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:30 pm

Site won't let me use the a-word, s-head-word, f-word a-word, or any of the others that convey just how I feel about those here who are better than you.

Went with what I had available. No intent to offend anyone but those my posts were directed at.

Sorry, forgot to unsubscribe from the thread.

Oh, BTW, no one cares you got your companion pass. You can only be excited and brag about it if you got it within the first 4 days of the year. Sorry. Just trying to fit in.
So, you post to brag and ask questions and receive straightforward, candid feedback and, then, your response is to want to use swear words to describe those who responded?

You should not be offended. No one else posting "[thinks they] are better than you." Folks posted candid information and you seem to have chose to read it with emotion.

IMHO, you'll get a lot more out of this site if you choose to not take things personally and not post to try to brag. This site is wonderful for its users' collective knowledge and information. It can be amazing and digging into minutia of program and offer details.

I hope you stick around and contribute because you're clearly passionate about what you post. ^
Old Feb 5, 2015, 3:00 pm

Was this using promo code RR43 for 1,750 points???

I've also recently (November) received promotional 1-800flowers points that counted as CPQPs; however, as I noted (what expert7700 pointed out), this language is new to this current promotion. So, it is helpful to be specific.

ETA: Based on this post, I'm assuming you used a different promo code:

That's the difference. I did two 1,000pt promotions and they seemed to work

Last edited by FindAWay; Feb 5, 2015 at 3:37 pm
Old Feb 5, 2015, 7:10 pm

Was this using promo code RR43 for 1,750 points???

I've also recently (November) received promotional 1-800flowers points that counted as CPQPs; however, as I noted (what expert7700 pointed out), this language is new to this current promotion. So, it is helpful to be specific.

ETA: Based on this post, I'm assuming you used a different promo code:
Yup, the two promos are different it looks like. I find it kind of funny because the 1000pt still has the old terms, and 750pts just doesn't seem worth it to block CP. I suppose two of those offers next you 3500, versus 2000, and that's starting to become a difference. Regardless, as someone who just got CP and has a birthday and another flower order for someone else coming up, I'll take my CP-free 3500pt That's half of a one-way ticket for trips I'm looking at soon
Old Feb 5, 2015, 8:10 pm

FYI: The 1,000 points I just received for a 1-800-Flowers order made back in November posted as not CPQ. This may be because of the oddities about how the points were (eventually) posted (see my most recent post in this thread for more info). Or it might be that all 1-800-Flowers bonus points are now no longer CPQ. Just a heads-up.

And, just double-checking that they didn't post as CPQ for 2014, based on date of purchase... here are the only 1-800-Flowers points that show up (and were CPQ):

I'm not going to pursue this, since I'm not going for CP this year. But thought the data point was worth mentioning.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
FYI: The 1,000 points I just received for a 1-800-Flowers order made back in November posted as not CPQ. This may be because of the oddities about how the points were (eventually) posted (see my most recent post in this thread for more info). Or it might be that all 1-800-Flowers bonus points are now no longer CPQ. Just a heads-up.

I'm not going to pursue this, since I'm not going for CP this year. But thought the data point was worth mentioning.
According to a post last week it may just be a glitch on the 1K not being CPQP

They should be 2014. And, they may not appear in the CPQP filter for either year as there is a glitch when the activity date and posting date straddle a calendar year. I posted about this glitch regarding my Hyatt points that were CPQPs but don't show as such when filtered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.