Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Companion Pass 2015-2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:14 pm

If my girlfirend transfers her RR Points to me, will they count towards the companion pass?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
If my girlfirend transfers her RR Points to me, will they count towards the companion pass?
No.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:42 pm

Not for me, If i look under "All" I see: 01/12/2015 Retail 1800FLOWERS 12/16/2014

but if I look under "companion pass qualifying" I only see the flight I took last weekend...
Check previous year, I wonder if the flowers count for the year when you bought them ( 2014) as opposed to when they posted in 2015
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Not for me, If i look under "All" I see: 01/12/2015 Retail 1800FLOWERS 12/16/2014

but if I look under "companion pass qualifying" I only see the flight I took last weekend...
Check previous year, I wonder if the flowers count for the year when you bought them ( 2014) as opposed to when they posted in 2015
They should be 2014. And, they may not appear in the CPQP filter for either year as there is a glitch when the activity date and posting date straddle a calendar year. I posted about this glitch regarding my Hyatt points that were CPQPs but don't show as such when filtered.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond

What exact date did you place the order?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 6:12 pm

How long does it really take to receive the Companion Pass package/card in the mail? I achieved my CP and received the email on 1/21. I immediately added my wife as my companion but still haven't received the welcome package in the mail. The email said up to 10 business days. How long before you guys got yours?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 6:14 pm

Also, I'm still not entirely clear how to use the CP. I've designated my wife as the companion. When booking the flight, do I just find a seat for 1 and add her after my booking is complete? Or do I book for 2?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Also, I'm still not entirely clear how to use the CP. I've designated my wife as the companion. When booking the flight, do I just find a seat for 1 and add her after my booking is complete? Or do I book for 2?
Book the flight and close out the transaction. Then look for the "Add Companion" link with the booking. You may have to log out and log back in to have it take effect but I've done it in line at the tail end of the booking.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by texashoser
Charges (those that get you above the necessary bonus-point threshold) that post withing five days or so of statement closing almost always cause the bonus points to post after the following statement.
The same thing happened to me as nurseromero and Brewer20. The charges that put me over the $2000 spending threshold hit before my Personal Plus statement closed, but within 5 days of the closing date, and the 50K bonus didn't post. I'm having a hard time waiting a month to see if the problem resolves itself because I have travel plans that depend on getting the companion pass by March.

I'm also afraid that if I call Chase to confirm that I'm registered for the promotion then they'll notice that I also received the Personal Premier bonus this year and not give me the points for the Personal Plus. Has anyone experienced this, or should I just risk it and call rather than worrying about it for the next month?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by sweetfire009
I'm also afraid that if I call Chase to confirm that I'm registered for the promotion then they'll notice that I also received the Personal Premier bonus this year and not give me the points for the Personal Plus. Has anyone experienced this, or should I just risk it and call rather than worrying about it for the next month?
They are 2 different products and Chase knows you are getting the bonus for both ( unless you had the bonus for the SAME type card within 24 months) so go ahead and cal if it makes you feel better.

Are you holding 2 seats for the March flight already ?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by flyer4512
They are 2 different products and Chase knows you are getting the bonus for both ( unless you had the bonus for the SAME type card within 24 months) so go ahead and cal if it makes you feel better.

Are you holding 2 seats for the March flight already ?
Yes, I purchased one ticket for myself with my SW card and the other for my companion with points. I'll cancel the second as soon as the pass is active, as brilliantly recommended in this forum. If I can't get the pass, then it would be $200 cheaper to cancel the tickets on WN now and buy tickets on AA instead, which is why I'm hesitating.

Thanks for the extra push. I'll call to confirm.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:47 pm

The blog write-ups I've read say we don't actually need the physical CP card when we check in. Is this really the case?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
The blog write-ups I've read say we don't actually need the physical CP card when we check in. Is this really the case?
Generally, yes. I have never needed mine for any purpose whatsoever.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: Lotz
There have to be some exceptions/tricks around the limit of 3 changes to companion's name.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by tassojunior
There have to be some exceptions/tricks around the limit of 3 changes to companion's name.
There aren't, and why are you trying to game the best airline perk in the business?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.