Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Companion Pass 2015-2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: SPG Gold, SW Companion Pass, Hilton Gold
Here is how I filter for CP qualifying points...

Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Hecta
Here is how I filter for CP qualifying points...

Nice walk through for newer folks. Don't forget to click "update" too.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 4:49 pm

How long do hotel transfers take to count for companion pass? The points are in my southwest account but they aren't showing as counting for companion pass activity.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by Hecta
My CP status bar is still at 0% after 4 days since the points posted
Frustrating.
Same situation for me. My wife's 52k miles for both her personal and business card (104k + total) posted 1/4/15, and the CP status bar is at 0%. Thinking about contacting Southwest to get it corrected.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by CubsFanCO
Same situation for me. My wife's 52k miles for both her personal and business card (104k + total) posted 1/4/15, and the CP status bar is at 0%. Thinking about contacting Southwest to get it corrected.
If you read back a page or two, you will see others reporting the same thing. Someone said that the Southwest system is supposed to update on Jan 11th. If nothing happens then, that would be a good time to call, if you're not rushing to get a companion flight in the next week.

I think I agree with the line of thought that the more people who call, the more attention is brought to this "loophole" of the two-year companion pass... a benefit I'm hoping to take advantage of two years from now too!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Called SW CSR today and asked for CP to be activated, just took 1 minute to do and another couple to add a companion. I had done a Hyatt transfer 1/1 as well as a Chase SW card bonus post on 1/3. Was showing 100% for a few days.

Wife's first card has closed and bonus has posted as CP eligible, waiting for her second to close in a few days and we'll have 2 CPs done, yay!

BTW - you do have to call that special # to get this process done.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Another Data Point

Call Marriott 1/2 to Do Travel Award (I do 5-day, so I have to call Marriott to order - I asked to expedite like I did with Delta but they mentioned that SWA usually only take 2-3 days.)

1/4 120K points show up on SWA
1/7 Pending Status finally disappeared from swa site, CP Show 0%
Called RR# (afterhours) They looked and said I need to call Cust Serv

1/8 Called Cust Serv - After she looked stuff up for a while she confirmed that I have earned CP. Asked when I was traveling and since it was later said that system should be correct on 11/12th.

Her suggestion was to book my companion on rewards ticket now and then convert when CP shows up.

Will update on 12th.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by makryger
I think I agree with the line of thought that the more people who call, the more attention is brought to this "loophole" of the two-year companion pass... a benefit I'm hoping to take advantage of two years from now too!
Agreed.

This repeated pestering of WN Customer Service, when we have been told Jan. 11 is the day, may not end well.

Sure miss the old days before bloggers started POUNDING this.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Agreed.

This repeated pestering of WN Customer Service, when we have been told Jan. 11 is the day, may not end well.

Sure miss the old days before bloggers started POUNDING this.
+1
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Companion Pass Active and able to assign companion as of this afternoon - 1/9. 100% status was reached 1/7 but wasn't active until now. "Be patient" is the lesson here I suppose.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:13 pm

Everyone be patient. Don't call! Mine just went to CP miles.

Does anyone know how to assign a rapid rewards # to a CP? I added my companion, but did not see anywhere to add a Rapid Reward #.

Thoughts?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by the4aces

Does anyone know how to assign a rapid rewards # to a CP? I added my companion, but did not see anywhere to add a Rapid Reward #.

Thoughts?
My wife already had a RR account and after I added her with all her info (DOB, address) it automatically loaded her RR number when i went to add her to a reservation.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:41 pm

If you read back a page or two, you will see others reporting the same thing. Someone said that the Southwest system is supposed to update on Jan 11th. If nothing happens then, that would be a good time to call, if you're not rushing to get a companion flight in the next week.

Yeah. I figured I'd give it until next week. It's just odd that some are showing CP progress right away and others are not.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by the4aces

Thoughts?
Vigilance is also necessary. There are many random events in the Southwest IT universe.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
SUCCESS. I did Marriott Travel package. points posted on 3 Jan. Showed as "pending" about the 6th. This evening it showed as Earned and good thru Dec 2016. Had me fill in the fields for Companion Data just below the CP status area.

Went immediately to book companion on existing reservation, but guess it takes some time to allow me to do it. Probably be ok tomorrow.

So, everyone, took 6 days total to get CP active after points post. I thought the CP usually posts at night, but mine was posted sometime this afternoon.

So no need to panic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.