Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Companion Pass 2015-2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA, IHG PLM AMB
Originally Posted by radryan
Now Companion pass Status shows 100% but cannot add compainion yet.
FindAWay is correct, 1 hour later I can add my companion!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Originally Posted by wonderful
I earned the Companion Pass (CP) first and mine ended on 12/31/14.
We used it quite a bit so I signed up my wife for (2) cards, one Premiere, and one Plus in late November 2014. She was instantly approved for Premiere but had to call in to get the Plus approved. No problem at all.
In summary, we met the spending for CP in December and up to 1/7/15. I verified on the online statement that we had earned 50K plus spending on each card, and then went over to SW site to verify that CP status was achieved. Woo Hoo! Yes it was and now we also have 112,000 points!
Similar story for me, except we don't have the CP yet. Like others, the Plus Biz card closed on 1/3. The points posted as CP qualifying on 1/4 (strangely, with an effective date of 1/2), but the CP status bar still showed at 0%.

The Plus Personal card was SUPPOSED to close on 1/4. It is now 1/12 and a statement still hasn't been produced, so points haven't been posted yet.

It sounds like I'm going to have to call in once my 2nd 56k points hit. I'm trying to use the CP on 25 Jan!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, SW Companion Pass, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Hecta
1/12/14 update: I transferred 50,000 Hyatt points on 1/8 to receive 30,000 RR points for the CP. Those points posted today (1/12/14) and increased the CP bar to 27%.

My bonus points from my credit card which closed 1/2/15 and posted 1/4/15 still have not moved the CP bar (but it seems like many others are seeing this too). It has to be an issue for partner transfers (including SW Visa card bonuses) posting at the beginning of the year as many people are reporting proper CP status with transfers later than this.

I have 70,000 Marriott points now and I am going to initiate the transfer today so will probably see those points show up in about 2-4 days. Hopefully these will instantly show up as CPQP.

I am hoping the Visa card bonus shows up on the CP status bar without me having to call in. Thankfully I am in no hurry to go on any trips this month.
4:45 PM 1/12/15 Update: Proud to say that my 53k bonus points finally moved the CP status bar! 4 o'clock must be the magic time, so if you haven't checked yet today, try checking now. I am now at 75% and just waiting for my Marriott points to transfer and a few additional points to post before I reach 100%.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Originally Posted by rthib
Call Marriott 1/2 to Do Travel Award (I do 5-day, so I have to call Marriott to order - I asked to expedite like I did with Delta but they mentioned that SWA usually only take 2-3 days.)

1/4 120K points show up on SWA
1/7 Pending Status finally disappeared from swa site, CP Show 0%
Called RR# (afterhours) They looked and said I need to call Cust Serv

1/8 Called Cust Serv - After she looked stuff up for a while she confirmed that I have earned CP. Asked when I was traveling and since it was later said that system should be correct on 11/12th.

Her suggestion was to book my companion on rewards ticket now and then convert when CP shows up.

Will update on 12th.
At 2PM nothing.
Just landed and check and it has the "Check it out! You earned a Companion Pass"!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:59 pm

4:45 PM 1/12/15 Update: Proud to say that my 53k bonus points finally moved the CP status bar! 4 o'clock must be the magic time, so if you haven't checked yet today, try checking now. I am now at 75% and just waiting for my Marriott points to transfer and a few additional points to post before I reach 100%.
Same here. Just checked at 6:00 mountain time and the 105k points from our two cards that closed on the third are showing toward companion pass. Nice.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:06 pm
sfp

RR Dining BONUS points

Anyone know whether bonus points from the Chase new member dining bonus (http://www.rapidrewardsdining.com/bo...=W922&detail=y) are CPQP? I'm pretty sure a general rule is that "bonus points" are not CPQP, but I found some conflicting info while searching so figured I'd ask. Thanks.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by sfp
Anyone know whether bonus points from the Chase new member dining bonus (http://www.rapidrewardsdining.com/bo...=W922&detail=y) are CPQP? I'm pretty sure a general rule is that "bonus points" are not CPQP, but I found some conflicting info while searching so figured I'd ask. Thanks.
IIRC, in 2011, mine were not CPQPs.

ETA: of course, the 3x or 5x from spending have posted as CPQPs for me.

Last edited by FindAWay; Jan 13, 2015 at 9:51 am
Old Jan 13, 2015, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by merange98
I waited on hold for 1/2 hr before getting connecting to customer service rep just now. It looks like the Marriott rewards points were not posted properly (not sure why), so the rep is forwarding all my info to someone at SW who deals with Marriott xfer points. Once they can validate my xferred points, they will go ahead and activate the Companion Pass - hopefully within 24 hours....
I logged into SW last night and saw my Companion Pass was active! And I just received the confirmation mail this morning....
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:06 am

Programs: SPG Gold, SW Companion Pass, Hilton Gold
1/13/15 update: My Marriott transfer of 25k points posted today and counted toward the CP (and moved the bar!). I submitted the transfer request on 1/12/15

I am now at 98% and just waiting for my premier card statement to close to get the remaining 2k!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:15 am

Noticed that the Business Plus wasn't currently listed with the 50K offer. Any hunches as to whether that card will have the offer? My approach was trying to get the CP signing up for the business premiere and the plus at the same time. I had the personal premiere and personal plus back in Dec 2013 so I think I have to wait a little longer to apply to those products.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold, WN CP, Alaska MVP
Data point for Marriott Travel Pack redemption

Redeemed travel package yesterday with Marriott. This morning at 6:30am PST I checked my account and had no additional points. Checked again when I got in office at 8:30am PST and saw the additional 120K SW points and a note that said I have earned a companion pass. Clicked on the drop down and was able to add companion. Status bar also shows 100% and shows good through 12/2016. ^
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Thanks or No Thanks!

Ok, 51% status bar.... Woo hoo. For all those that called in... THANKS!

And that's either a sincere thanks for getting them to fix the problem, or a sarcastic thanks for putting spotlight on us for no reason!!
Old Jan 14, 2015, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
Ok, 51% status bar.... Woo hoo. For all those that called in... THANKS!

And that's either a sincere thanks for getting them to fix the problem, or a sarcastic thanks for putting spotlight on us for no reason!!
^ totally agree
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:47 am

Does the offer from 1-800-flowers for 1,000 SW points count for the companion pass? Looking for inexpensive ways to meet the CP threshold.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jazzermom13
Does the offer from 1-800-flowers for 1,000 SW points count for the companion pass? Looking for inexpensive ways to meet the CP threshold.
Please do a search for all the details on this and similar offers. This has been discussed dozens of times here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.