Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Companion Pass 2015-2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold, WN CP, Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by paulhga
I redeemed one of the Marriott travel packages on January 2nd that included 120,000 RR points. The points showed up a couple days later and the status was still showing pending. On the evening of the 5th, the status pending went away and the CP status remained at 0% which concerned me. I searched and read everything I could find and most everyone discouraged calling SW. I read others having success with Hyatt transfers, and even Marriott. I finally called SW yesterday and got a very nice person who first checked and confirmed that the point transfer will qualify and then put me on hold to check and see why it had not yet. She came back after talking with someone and said it should be done by the 11th. I told her that I can be patient but the uncertainty was a different story. Hopefully we will all see what we have been waiting for by the 11th.
Please update the thread with the outcome. Thanks for the info.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:05 am

If you look under the detailed list of your points and filter them using the drop down menu, you'll see the credit card bonus points are companion pass qualifying but not tier qualifying.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by paulhga
I redeemed one of the Marriott travel packages on January 2nd that included 120,000 RR points. The points showed up a couple days later and the status was still showing pending. On the evening of the 5th, the status pending went away and the CP status remained at 0% which concerned me. I searched and read everything I could find and most everyone discouraged calling SW. I read others having success with Hyatt transfers, and even Marriott. I finally called SW yesterday and got a very nice person who first checked and confirmed that the point transfer will qualify and then put me on hold to check and see why it had not yet. She came back after talking with someone and said it should be done by the 11th. I told her that I can be patient but the uncertainty was a different story. Hopefully we will all see what we have been waiting for by the 11th.
If you filter by CP Qualifying in your activity, do the points show up? My Hyatt transfer shows up when I filter, but my Marriott transfer disappears upon filtering by CP Qualifying.

I don't have to travel until early Feb, so I'll wait it out either way. Just curious if something might be up with my Marriott points transfer.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List
I have my CP for 2015, but am now looking ahead to 2016 and want to make sure all my points are posted correctly. I had a crazy 2014, so I had to focus my attention elsewhere for the majority of the year. Therefore, I really had to scramble at the end of the year to make the 2015 CP.
What I'm noticing now, as my rental car, shopping portal, and dining points are trickling in for 2015, is that some of them are not registering for CPQ. Specifically, a car rental that posted on 1/6. I think there is a hiccup in the system that is preventing the points from showing up as CPQ for the first part of the year (as others have mentioned.) I will keep watching it. I'll wait for the dust to settle, but hope to see a correction soon. Once again....the crack IT department at WN doing what they do best.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 1:47 pm
sfp

another data point

I transferred Hyatt points to RR on 1/1/15, they posted around 1/3/15, and show up as CP qualifying when I filter by CPQP on the Rewards Activity Details Page. They also show up on the companion pass progress bar.

I completed a RR shopping portal purchase 12/22, received an e-mail confirming my points on 12/31 (ugh), and the points showed up in my RR account today, 1/7. When I filter by CPQP, they do not show as CP qualifying (which is what I expected as I've read portal purchases are tied to the transaction date, not the post date).
Old Jan 7, 2015, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
So I have 100% on my CP status bar. I called to designate a companion and they told me it wouldn't update until 1/11, at which point I could designate. Anyone else finding away around this? I have a trip 1/16 and that's pushing it to me.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by finloopio
So I have 100% on my CP status bar. I called to designate a companion and they told me it wouldn't update until 1/11, at which point I could designate. Anyone else finding away around this? I have a trip 1/16 and that's pushing it to me.
Easy work-around:

Use points to book a separate reservation for your companion to be. Then, once you are able to designate your companion, either (a) if the flight is not sold out, simply cancel the points reservation and use the add a companion link or (b) have WN customer relations covert the points booking to a companion booking and refund your points.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by FindAWay
Easy work-around:

Use points to book a separate reservation for your companion to be. Then, once you are able to designate your companion, either (a) if the flight is not sold out, simply cancel the points reservation and use the add a companion link or (b) have WN customer relations covert the points booking to a companion booking and refund your points.
Or book an AT, refundable fare. Once the CP function starts working, book the CP and cancel the AT fare and get a refund. In case the flight is actually sold out, get customer service/relations to convert the booked, paid reservation into a CP reservation and get the funds refunded.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 3:19 pm

Alright... at least we got one indicaton that the non-updating CP status is on their radar. I'll be patient and wait until Sunday.

I suppose the CP was never designed to be achieved within two weeks of the start of a new year...
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by makryger
Alright... at least we got one indicaton that the non-updating CP status is on their radar. I'll be patient and wait until Sunday.

I suppose the CP was never designed to be achieved within two weeks of the start of a new year...
I preach that as well... hard to practice what you preach when you plan a trip for mid January!
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:21 pm

My wife's 2 statements cut 1/5 and today the cp bar went to 100%. Had my wife call in but was told similar to above post. Check back in early next week. Hoping so as we have 1/13 flight to take. I've got my back-up booking on points so not end of the world but would like to redeposit those points and add the cp. We'll call Sunday and also check back here for similar experiences.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:12 am

Question about changing a booking that includes a companion pass - I'm my husband's companion. We are booked on a 5pm flight to Vegas in March, with me as a companion. I paid $25 for Early Bird boarding. I'm thinking about moving us to an early flight, but on the website, I need to cancel my ticket first, and lose the EB funds. I've already done this once, when we decided to go to Vegas instead of NY. If he called in, could they possibly change the booking to an earlier flight without me having to repay for EB on my ticket? I hate to have paid $75 total in EB funds just because I can't make up my mind about places and times, and normally, you keep the EB funds if you only change times, rather than destinations on flights, correct?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: SPG Gold, SW Companion Pass, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kramer327
My wife's 2 statements cut 1/5 and today the cp bar went to 100%. Had my wife call in but was told similar to above post. Check back in early next week. Hoping so as we have 1/13 flight to take. I've got my back-up booking on points so not end of the world but would like to redeposit those points and add the cp. We'll call Sunday and also check back here for similar experiences.
My CP status bar is still at 0% after 4 days since the points posted
Frustrating.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by betsifur
Question about changing a booking that includes a companion pass - I'm my husband's companion. We are booked on a 5pm flight to Vegas in March, with me as a companion. I paid $25 for Early Bird boarding. I'm thinking about moving us to an early flight, but on the website, I need to cancel my ticket first, and lose the EB funds. I've already done this once, when we decided to go to Vegas instead of NY. If he called in, could they possibly change the booking to an earlier flight without me having to repay for EB on my ticket? I hate to have paid $75 total in EB funds just because I can't make up my mind about places and times, and normally, you keep the EB funds if you only change times, rather than destinations on flights, correct?
This is an example of why many of us don't add the companion unles fairly close to departure - it s such a pain when changes need to be made.

Why would you pay $75 (i understand multiple changes were involved )? If you cancel the companion reservation, then only "change" (ie, don't cancel and rebook) your husband's underlying reservation and EBCI should stick (even if you're changing dates and origins/destinations).

Calling can't hurt...worst they can say is no.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
8 Jan data point. I am unsure everyone is looking at same screen. I am unsure how to filter to see Qual. CP points. But under My Rapid Rewards, I have a small window on bottom left titled Companion Pass that shows Earned Qual. Points: 120k. I click on View Details and see I am at 100% on status bar and 120k points posted as qualifying. However, on top it says Current Companion Pass Status: Not Yet Earned. Also inside the box it says Companion Pass Status: Not Active.

My points posted 3 JAN. My flight is on 18 Jan. I will give it a few more days to "activate" on its own. But if not on by the 11th, I need to call as it may take a day or so to iron out any wrinkles with SWA.

I have booked wife using points to "hold a seat". If you are worried that cancelling will be taken by someone else before you rebook using CP, then do it off hours (midnight to 6am) when few are booking. Of course, easy to start a booking for 5 people on that flight to see if there are lots of seats left for sale before rebooking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.