Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Companion Pass 2015-2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: SPG Plat, MR Plat, DM Silver, RR, AA, US, BA
Same here

Originally Posted by SAPMAN
SUCCESS. I did Marriott Travel package. points posted on 3 Jan. Showed as "pending" about the 6th. This evening it showed as Earned and good thru Dec 2016. Had me fill in the fields for Companion Data just below the CP status area.

Went immediately to book companion on existing reservation, but guess it takes some time to allow me to do it. Probably be ok tomorrow.

So, everyone, took 6 days total to get CP active after points post. I thought the CP usually posts at night, but mine was posted sometime this afternoon.

So no need to panic.
I ordered Marriott Travel package on 1/5. Points posted in my Southwest account on 1/7. Received an email from Southwest this morning that I had earned the CP. It appears to take 5 to 6 days after you order the package for your CP to be activated.

Last edited by tbaumann3; Jan 10, 2015 at 10:05 am Reason: Spelling
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:04 am

Just like Baumann said above, I received the email this morning that Companion Pass status is earned. Went online and was able to name the companion and add to flights all without needing to call in. We did it off of personal/business cards. Those statements cut 1/5, points were in the account on 1/7 and now today on 1/10 its all set to go. Good luck to others in the early CP season!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by kramer327
Just like Baumann said above, I received the email this morning that Companion Pass status is earned. Went online and was able to name the companion and add to flights all without needing to call in. We did it off of personal/business cards. Those statements cut 1/5, points were in the account on 1/7 and now today on 1/10 its all set to go. Good luck to others in the early CP season!
Were the points that were posted on 1/7 showing up on the webpage with the companion pass percentage bar prior to today?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by makryger
Were the points that were posted on 1/7 showing up on the webpage with the companion pass percentage bar prior to today?
Not online, but the Southwest app on my iPhone had shown it right away.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by kramer327
Not online, but the Southwest app on my iPhone had shown it right away.
Ok, then there appears to be two different issues that are being discussed here... one is what you are experiencing: where the points are being picked up as CP qualifying correctly, but there's a delay in CP activation. The second (which is what I am experiencing, as are several others) is where the CP points are not being detected as CP qualifying on the CP page, even though they look correct in the general account activity page. I'm still at "0%", even though I have all the points I need for the pass added to my account from Jan 3rd-4th.

I'm giving them until tomorrow afternoon, then I'll be calling...
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:08 pm

I should get the CP later this month via Chase credit cards. Can I book a flight for myself now, then add the companion flight after I get the CP later this month?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I should get the CP later this month via Chase credit cards. Can I book a flight for myself now, then add the companion flight after I get the CP later this month?
Yes, you can add CP at any time if there is an open seat.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by makryger

I'm giving them until tomorrow afternoon, then I'll be calling...
And, of course, customer relations aren't open weekends. Boooo.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:26 am

My experience:

Jan 8: E-mailed Marriott to redeem Marriott points for a travel package that included 120k RR points
Jan 9: Received confirmation from Marriott that award was ordered
Jan 10: RR points posted in account as CPQP. Companion pass status earned, was able to designate a companion

Good luck to all!
Old Jan 11, 2015, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Quote:

Yes, you can add CP at any time if there is an open seat.
Even if I book MY seat before I get year CP?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Even if I book MY seat before I get year CP?
Correct. Period.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 4:52 pm

Programs: WN CP, IHG Platinum
I applied for first SW Personal Premier Card back in October 2013 and received 50,000 RR Point in November 2013 (yet to cancel this card). Now on 1st week of January 2015, I applied for Personal Plus and Business Premier. I got approval for Personal Plus but was rejected for Business Premier, stating my Income was too low ($6,000) and business was too new (2 Years).

Today, I received card for SW Personal Plus. I am seeking your opinion, if I should activate PLUS card or not. Since there is no way I can hit 110,000 RR Points. Would it be a good idea to try for Companion Pass next year (January - 2016). As by that time I would hit 24 Months for SW Personal Premier and would get re-eligible for 50,000 RR Points.

Any other suggestion, considering I have following points:

Rapid Reward: ~ 19,500 (earled in 2014)
Ultimate Reward: ~ 46,700 (Chase Freedom)

Thanks in Advance !!

Last edited by flysimply; Jan 11, 2015 at 5:02 pm Reason: additional question
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: WN CP, IHG Platinum
I applied for SW Personal Premier back in October 2013 and received 50,000 RR Points on November 2013. This Year in January 2015, I applied for Personal Plus and Business Premier. Personal Plus was approved but Business Premier was denied on grounds of Low Income ($6,000) and new business (2 Years).

Received SW Personal PLUS today. I would want to seek your opinion on following:

- Is it a good idea cancel the card immediately without activating. As I feel I would not be able to hit 110,000 RR Points with just one card. Instead I would try for Companion Pass in January - 2016. By that time, I would be re-eligible for 50,000 RR Points from Personal Premier.

- Any better approach for Companion Pass. Considering I have ~19,500 RR Points (earned in 2014) and ~46,700 Ultimate Reward Points (Chase Freedom)

Thanks in Advance !!
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Hecta
Here is how I filter for CP qualifying points...

When I do this but select "year to date" I always get an Oops! Error. I tried probably 100 times in 2014
Old Jan 11, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, SW Companion Pass, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flysimply
I applied for SW Personal Premier back in October 2013 and received 50,000 RR Points on November 2013. This Year in January 2015, I applied for Personal Plus and Business Premier. Personal Plus was approved but Business Premier was denied on grounds of Low Income ($6,000) and new business (2 Years).

Received SW Personal PLUS today. I would want to seek your opinion on following:

- Is it a good idea cancel the card immediately without activating. As I feel I would not be able to hit 110,000 RR Points with just one card. Instead I would try for Companion Pass in January - 2016. By that time, I would be re-eligible for 50,000 RR Points from Personal Premier.

- Any better approach for Companion Pass. Considering I have ~19,500 RR Points (earned in 2014) and ~46,700 Ultimate Reward Points (Chase Freedom)

Thanks in Advance !!
I did it through one SW Visa (Plus card), one Chase Sapphire Preferred, and one Marriot Visa card. So if you feel like you could get those other two then I would do it.

You can transfer Chase Ultimate rewards to hyatt 1:1 and then from hyatt you can transfer 50,000 for 30,000 rapid rewards to count toward companion pass.

Then with the Marriot points, you can transfer 70,000 points for 25,000 rapid rewards points. Or you can transfer 50,000 marriott points for 15,000 rapid rewards points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.