Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Companion Pass 2015-2016

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
The blog write-ups I've read say we don't actually need the physical CP card when we check in. Is this really the case?
Have had CP for many years and have never taken the card out of the drawer it gets tossed in when it arrives.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 5:11 pm

Got my first 50k CC Bonus. Hit the minimum spend on the Biz Card today. I need to find a way to get 4k points now as well.

Rocking my way towards the companion pass.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld
There aren't, and why are you trying to game the best airline perk in the business?
Why not?

There was discussion here some months ago about the ambiguities in Southwest's terms and conditions, which generally revolve around when the "term" of a Companion Pass ends and a suceeding one begins and whether the designation of the initial companion for a new "term" counts as "change".

No conclusions were reached although some people reported different experiances.

Maximizing the value of any program seems squarely within the purpose of FT.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Why not?

There was discussion here some months ago about the ambiguities in Southwest's terms and conditions, which generally revolve around when the "term" of a Companion Pass ends and a suceeding one begins and whether the designation of the initial companion for a new "term" counts as "change".

No conclusions were reached although some people reported different experiances.

Maximizing the value of any program seems squarely within the purpose of FT.
*sigh* Carry on.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: Back to lowly AA Gold (1.8 MM); Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
How long does it really take to receive the Companion Pass package/card in the mail? I achieved my CP and received the email on 1/21. I immediately added my wife as my companion but still haven't received the welcome package in the mail. The email said up to 10 business days. How long before you guys got yours?
I achieved CP and added my companion on 01/25. Received the card and package today (3/03). Anyone else think the new card looks unattractive and kinda cheap? I didn't see last year's card, but my 2012/13 version was quite lovely I thought. Just a casual observation. It could be a piece of cardboard for all I care. This benefit has truly made me a SW fan.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:50 pm

Programs: Lotz
There aren't, and why are you trying to game the best airline perk in the business?
Trying to figure out how it's interpreted is not "gaming". Otherwise most of what we do here would be "gaming". (Especially using cc bonuses for a CP).

Even though it says "3-times" I've heard some say that it's interpreted as 3 times per year. I wouldn't want to trust that unless others have been successful.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by tassojunior
Trying to figure out how it's interpreted is not "gaming". Otherwise most of what we do here would be "gaming". (Especially using cc bonuses for a CP).

Even though it says "3-times" I've heard some say that it's interpreted as 3 times per year. I wouldn't want to trust that unless others have been successful.
"Tricks". Your word...not mine.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:42 am

Programs: Lotz
"Tricks". Your word...not mine.
There's a dozen "tricks" we use. That doesn't mean we're gaming.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by tassojunior
There's a dozen "tricks" we use. That doesn't mean we're gaming.
I'm kind of at a loss to understand the distinction being made between "gaming" and "tricks".

Maximizing the benefit could be called either, as can many of the things recommended here, like reserving a seat with points in anticipation of a CP, or timing credit card bonuses to get almost 2 years of CP, or stock piling points in a hotel program to transfer for CP, or maximizing the number and timing of companion changes.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 12:36 pm

How long does Choice Transfer take?

Sorry if I missed it but quick question on Choice Point transfers to SW.

Wife transferred 18,000 Choice points last week to SW for 5,400 Rapid Rewards.

Initially we couldn't get Choice to recognize the SW account. We had to add the zeros before it would recognize. Eventually it did.

Her Choice points deducted immediately but she has yet to receive the points in SW yet. How long does it usually take? If they don't show up who do you call, Choice or SW? Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by bearsball88
Sorry if I missed it but quick question on Choice Point transfers to SW.

Wife transferred 18,000 Choice points last week to SW for 5,400 Rapid Rewards.

Initially we couldn't get Choice to recognize the SW account. We had to add the zeros before it would recognize. Eventually it did.

Her Choice points deducted immediately but she has yet to receive the points in SW yet. How long does it usually take? If they don't show up who do you call, Choice or SW? Thanks in advance!
My recent transfers each took 8 days.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FindAWay
For me it varies depending, it seems, on how close Monday is. Don't know why, exactly.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by FindAWay
Thanks FindAWay and toomanybooks!
Old Feb 5, 2015, 7:33 am

2015-16 Companion Pass in 47 days. Bwahahaha!

Just wanted to post and... brag? Sure. Post and brag about playing the system and getting a companion pass in just 43 days, that is then good for an entire 687 days! Woohoo!

Managed the timing of a ton of stuff so that a boatload of points all hit at right at the beginning of 2015. Just checked my account and I'm about 17k shy of the companion pass as I type this. Upcoming flights get me about 6k (BS fares I'm paying for to get A-List as well), a few 1800-flowers orders I just sent, plus the points when my SW Visa statement closes on the 13th should put me just over 110k points.

Well, it may be a little longer than 43 days - depending on when the 1800-flowers points hit. I've heard they post pretty quick though.

Anyone else manage to pull off a companion pass by Feb 13th in prior years? Curious as to how well I did in comparison to the other crazy point/mile people on this board
Old Feb 5, 2015, 7:44 am

30 days

I have my due dates on the 20th of the month with statements closing a few days after that, so I hit CP last week. Two cards, two 1800 flowers promotions (housewarming gift and bday present), some portal shopping, and some RR dining thrown in. Points posted within 12 hours of Chase posting the statement and got the email a couple of days after my RR hit 112k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.