Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2017, 12:59 am

Programs: Eurobonus gold, Finnair silver
Sk939 arn to lax, upgrade plus to business successful -
bid 25,690. Looked like it was 40,000 to upgrade on the day at the airport.
Old May 6, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by kauppias
Flight flown! I was rather dissappointed in the new J seats... are the seats really filled with some sort of balloon? Felt like t abd the back "balloon did not inflate at all making it a very hard bed. Staff could not reset it, moved me to another seat that had the same issue, hour later third seat worked...

Anyhow back on topic return bid (same bid) was rejected email came at 36hrs... atleast it was the night flight that got upgraded
After the denied plusgrade offer I was greeted at the airport with the airport "offers"

Go-plus 1999HKD
Plus-business 3999HKD
Go-business 5999HKD

Oh well
Old May 20, 2017, 2:23 pm
KRS

Bidding for both Plus and Business Upgrade

Previously I have been able to bid for upgrades to both Plus and Business on the same flight. Now however, I am unable to do the same for upcoming flights (CPH-ORD, ORD-CPH)

In the past after bidding for Business you would get asked whether you wanted to bid for Plus as well (or vice versa). I have now tried a bid for Plus, and a bid for Business, but I don't get asked whether to bid in the other class in addition (and I have to cancel the Plus bid to be able to place a Business bid)

Is anyone else having the same issue, or am I doing something differently/wrong? I am using points btw.
Old May 20, 2017, 11:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by KRS
Previously I have been able to bid for upgrades to both Plus and Business on the same flight. Now however, I am unable to do the same for upcoming flights (CPH-ORD, ORD-CPH)

In the past after bidding for Business you would get asked whether you wanted to bid for Plus as well (or vice versa). I have now tried a bid for Plus, and a bid for Business, but I don't get asked whether to bid in the other class in addition (and I have to cancel the Plus bid to be able to place a Business bid)

Is anyone else having the same issue, or am I doing something differently/wrong? I am using points btw.
I think it may depend on the destination, or perhaps they are doing some A/B testing on which setup generates most additional revenue. I've had a mixture of being able and unable to bid for both in recent months.
Old May 22, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by klmml
I've had a mixture of being able and unable to bid for both in recent months.
OT used to let you do that, I have never seen PG offer it. Though we've not used PG much.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
OT used to let you do that, I have never seen PG offer it. Though we've not used PG much.
Other people reported being able to do it, and I never saw any option until an ORD-ARN earlier this year. Since then I've seen it once or twice, I can't recall exactly.
Old May 24, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
It doesn't really make sense not to allow people to make bigs for both cabins if they hold a coach revenue ticket. This is meant to be a revenue generating system.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:28 am

Successfully upgraded my daughter and I from Plus to business at the minimum bid ($425) for 910 EWR-CPH today.

Of course, SAS broke the record when they did that, so when I checked in for my UA connecting flight they were unable to check my baggage past EWR, and there was no one to call at SAS that early in the morning.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
It doesn't really make sense not to allow people to make bigs for both cabins if they hold a coach revenue ticket. This is meant to be a revenue generating system.
It makes sense to me, if one bids for both and say J is full no upgrades but Plus has plenty of space they can still upgrade and get that extra revenue or otherway around...
Old Jun 17, 2017, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
It makes sense to me, if one bids for both and say J is full no upgrades but Plus has plenty of space they can still upgrade and get that extra revenue or otherway around...
Which is what I said.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 5:46 am

Talking

Which is what I said.
�� I obviously did NOT read your post correctly �� Sorry about that
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: MP Silver / DM /SkyMiles
Been a little less than a year since I followed this thread. Getting caught up on the backlog.

Back for my latest IAD-CPH trip. A few weeks ago, put in a minimum bid for IAD-CPH (and return) for Go -> Plus at 210 USD for trip coming up in about a week. Last year (posted on this thread) was something like 150 USD (which was above the min). Rejected, then offered to upgrade at airport for something like 118 USD.

Now, if I go to "modify" my bid, minimum bid is something like 360 USD for Go -> Plus. I assume this means they won't likely accept 210 USD? Doesn't matter, as I wouldn't pay 360 USD for Go -> Plus for IAD-CPH, even if that bid were guaranteed to be accepted.

Must say miss OT--much higher success ratios, and it seemed a better deal. Of course, maybe I'll try to show up to the airport early again and see if they want to upgrade me for 118 USD... :P
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:38 pm

To follow up: just heard (47 hours out) that I was indeed upgraded to Plus for IAD-CPH for a bid of 210USD. Flight looks completely sold out. Will post what miles I get credited to my United account. I know they claim that they give none for partner airline programs in the Q&A, but I recall that not being accurate. Hopefully it'll be B fare.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:22 am

Just confirming I got the A fare (Plus) on the IAD-CPH on my United MP program (150% for premier qualification).

Incidentally, I went to the lounge at CPH and my boarding pass wouldn't let me in (said "wrong booking class" on machine), but I explained to the woman that I was in Plus from IAD-CPH, even though I was econ from CPH-TXL and she practically opened the door before I could complete my sentence. (Actually, did it twice when I left and came back).

Luggage retrieval at TXL and the flight from CPH-TXL were a fiasco, but that's another story...
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:00 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
TXL is a fiasco ... (and I honestly believe it could have been such a good airport, but nobody seems to care anymore)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.