Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:58 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Looks like the mobile site is the issue as I tried from my laptop and it works just fine...
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:35 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by kauppias
still no COMP upgrade experience as EBD but I was wondering what happens if you get comp upgrade into plus an you then be upgraded into J via Plusgrade on top of that? if so does the booking code still change to Z?
That is not possible. Plusgrade clears before T-36 and and CU is done after that.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:33 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Jainzar
That is not possible. Plusgrade clears before T-36 and and CU is done after that.
👍 Ok, somehow I had thought comp uupgrades cleared 4 days in advance, so I guess I misunderstood, I have no first hand experience yet so was curious.

Thanks for the info
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by kauppias
Looks like the mobile site is the issue as I tried from my laptop and it works just fine...
Yeah, the mobile site worked fine up until about a week or 2 ago, and now it just hangs instead of loading. SAS IT (or Plusgrade?) at its best.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
I have an upcoming flight from CPH-PEK. Cash bids from SAS GO to SAS Plus is from 2500kr to 7,100kr, while SAS Go to Business Class is from 6,000kr to 13,400kr. I'm tempted to offer the minimum bid for SAS Plus but it looks like economy is not really full and I also have lounge access, fast track, etc. with my Star Alliance gold status so I guess I'll stay in the back cabin
Old Feb 18, 2018, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler
I have an upcoming flight from CPH-PEK. Cash bids from SAS GO to SAS Plus is from 2500kr to 7,100kr, while SAS Go to Business Class is from 6,000kr to 13,400kr. I'm tempted to offer the minimum bid for SAS Plus but it looks like economy is not really full and I also have lounge access, fast track, etc. with my Star Alliance gold status so I guess I'll stay in the back cabin

I was recently upgraded on a flight with two others that was fairly empty in all cabins with minimum bids (thpugh using points but still minimum and plusgrade)

You still get the free drinks and snacks in plus and a extra choice of meals so lets hope you get the upg

I am fairly suprised that SK refuses so many upgrades when cabins are very lightly filled, money is money and I would think it smart to fill those seats especially at the upg prices SK is charging!
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:27 am

So far I am doing well on plus grade upgrades this year, my next flight got upgraded to J from plus for only 255eur, I have a feeling they were SEVERELY over sold in plus, but thats just my gut feeling. I have NEVER seen such low bid possibilities to J before so... the return is still 750eur minimum bid so lets hope for my first ever Comp upgrade
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Has SK & Plusgrade lowered their min bids again? I was just playing around with a booking I have to OSL & TRD next month and MUC-OSL bids start at 50€, OSL-TRD vv at 40€. Far cry from the 30€ they had at the beginning... but still lower.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Has SK & Plusgrade lowered their min bids again? I was just playing around with a booking I have to OSL & TRD next month and MUC-OSL bids start at 50€, OSL-TRD vv at 40€. Far cry from the 30€ they had at the beginning... but still lower.

I checked all mine and still showing 50-75€ per shorhaul leg... At 35-40€ I would propably bid but at 50-75€ I allways pass! Not worth the few extra points IMHO.

The high bids deter me away
Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Insane Airport Prices

Well, I thought I'd add some data points for CPH-SFO v.v. from Plus to Business.
Plusgrade minimum bid was SEK 7500 (or USD 935) and SEK 7000 (or USD 870). As an aside, I'm not sure why it defaults to SEK instead of the currency of the flight origin, but whatever. Leading up to departure, these didn't change at all. Airport prices were simply ridiculous - ~DKK 8000 and ~USD 1200 (1400 from Go) . I'm not sure what they're thinking with these prices, but if it's to deter upgraders, it's working. Granted, both flights were far from full in all cabins, so perhaps that's the reason for the high prices.

In any case, it's probably a good thing, since I saved money and got treated to an empty seat next to me in Plus both directions. ^ Although, I did get a bit jealous of some folks in Go spread across the 4 center seats, or even those in the window pairs who could raise the armrest... :-\
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:56 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by Tennen
Well, I thought I'd add some data points for CPH-SFO v.v. from Plus to Business.
Plusgrade minimum bid was SEK 7500 (or USD 935) and SEK 7000 (or USD 870). As an aside, I'm not sure why it defaults to SEK instead of the currency of the flight origin, but whatever. Leading up to departure, these didn't change at all. Airport prices were simply ridiculous - ~DKK 8000 and ~USD 1200 (1400 from Go) . I'm not sure what they're thinking with these prices, but if it's to deter upgraders, it's working. Granted, both flights were far from full in all cabins, so perhaps that's the reason for the high prices.

In any case, it's probably a good thing, since I saved money and got treated to an empty seat next to me in Plus both directions. ^ Although, I did get a bit jealous of some folks in Go spread across the 4 center seats, or even those in the window pairs who could raise the armrest... :-\

I stopped asking at the airport as the prices were allways so high

On a recent flight flight I saw a few people downgrade themselves from plus to go for the empty middle row the flight was very empty. 😂
Old Mar 18, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: AC E50K *G - Amtrak SelectPlus
Hey guys, can anyone that has had a plusgrade upgrade clear please tell me what it shows up as on their CC statement?
My card has since been compromised and my upgrades have cleared but no charges have come through yet and I'm afraid that my bank will deny these charges. They did say they can put in an extension to allow specific Vendor names but not sure how it will show up. Thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It will come up as a SAS charge in the same way as if you booked a ticket with SAS; no difference.

If upgrades have cleared I'm quite confident that your card has also been charged. Rest assured that you will hear from SAS if unable to charge your card.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: AC E50K *G - Amtrak SelectPlus
Originally Posted by SK AAR
It will come up as a SAS charge in the same way as if you booked a ticket with SAS; no difference.

If upgrades have cleared I'm quite confident that your card has also been charged. Rest assured that you will hear from SAS if unable to charge your card.
Thank you.

Flying later today, I will update if any issues pop up.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just saw this while bidding for a OSL-MXP flight:

Treat yourself to a SAS Upgrade this Easter

Fly more comfortably with SAS Upgrade over the Easter holidays. Between 20th – 28th March you will get discount prices if you place a bid for an upgrade to SAS Plus or SAS Business for flights from Scandinavia, to the US and Asia. For flights from US and Asia travelling to Scandinavia, the period stretches over 31st March – 6th April.

It’s not too late to treat yourself to an extra comfortable travel experience by placing a bid for an upgrade here.

*The only flights travelling from Denmark that are upgradable from Go to Plus and Business with Easter campaign prices are those going to these destinations: Washington D.C., Miami, New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Beijing, Tokyo and Shanghai.
Any clue what the 'discount prices' are?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.