Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:10 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
I'm flying PEK-CPH and ARN-HKG on SK in early Oct.

As a data point, the initial lowest bids for Plus to Business when I ticketed my flights were-
SK996 PEK-CPH: SEK4000
SK963 ARN-HKG: SEK3500

Now about two weeks from departure, the lowest bid for Plus to Business are now-
SK996 PEK-CPH: SEK7480
SK963 ARN-HKG: SEK6980
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:30 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by royng
I'm flying PEK-CPH and ARN-HKG on SK in early Oct.

As a data point, the initial lowest bids for Plus to Business when I ticketed my flights were-
SK996 PEK-CPH: SEK4000
SK963 ARN-HKG: SEK3500

Now about two weeks from departure, the lowest bid for Plus to Business are now-
SK996 PEK-CPH: SEK7480
SK963 ARN-HKG: SEK6980
Were they ticketed before beginning of April? Back then they raised the lowest point bids, so I wonder if that raise is in line. And how is the availability in C on these flight now?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by Lack
For Go to Plus? Even LH tops out at 299EUR and that's for twice as long hops.

The review I read quote $117 for EWR-CPH at check in, perhaps the outstations have better offers?
Last year I could upgrade my ticket CPH-IAD from Go->Plus for ~115 EUR, now they seem to want ~300 EUR.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
In early Aug my bid from SAS Plus to Business class for HKG-ARN was accepted at SEK 3,000. I bid the lowest amount a few weeks out. There were still some unoccupied seats in C when we took off.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:11 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Were they ticketed before beginning of April? Back then they raised the lowest point bids, so I wonder if that raise is in line. And how is the availability in C on these flight now?
Ticketed in mid May 17. I kept monitoring the bid slider, the initial amounts did not change up to mid Sept.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
How common is it to get Plusgrade upgrades in both directions? I remember in the beginning it seemed impossible (I was denied at least once with a fully open business class on the return...), but has that changed?

Edit: I just got my upgrade on the return too, so all seems to be working fine now.

Last edited by JR67; Oct 8, 2017 at 2:44 am
Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
Asked for Plus to Business udgrade price in the EWR lounge. The lounge dragon quoted 499 USD (~3200 DKK) and I accepted the offer. Apparently this is a standard price as she was looking through written instruction where the Y->C price was clearly visible.

The "a bit low" bid 48 hours before departure was 2600 DKK so could have saved some money if I had made my mind up earlier (assuming that SAS would have accepted my bid which for some reason rarely happens to me on return leg EWR-CPH).
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by KRS
Previously I have been able to bid for upgrades to both Plus and Business on the same flight. Now however, I am unable to do the same for upcoming flights (CPH-ORD, ORD-CPH)

In the past after bidding for Business you would get asked whether you wanted to bid for Plus as well (or vice versa). I have now tried a bid for Plus, and a bid for Business, but I don't get asked whether to bid in the other class in addition (and I have to cancel the Plus bid to be able to place a Business bid)

Is anyone else having the same issue, or am I doing something differently/wrong? I am using points btw.
I've previously been able to do this for both cash and point upgrades, quite consistently, with the latest such round at the end of August. As of my most recent attempt (today) it does not provide such an option, instead ending ominously with "There was an error." message, while the regular confirmation emails arrive as expected.

Suspecting excellent strategy by the esteemed SAS IT and Website Operations A/B testing crew, I did a bit of an A/B test on my own, and opened the upgrade form in two tabs (*gasp* *shock* *horror*). I then proceeded to submit Plus upgrades in one of the tab, and Business upgrades in the other, and, lo and behold, I receive a confirmation email showing upgrades on both legs.

In summary, I have no idea what's going on. Good luck.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Wholy moley ������ just checked the upgrade prices for my xxx-ARN-ORD flights in January boy have the prices crept up

Shorthaul 540SEK per segment and pax which is about same as usual

But the long haul to ORD (not so long) a whoppong 11400SEK MINIMUM bid for Business class and 3400 SEK for PLUS I guess I have been lucky as such but I have never seen such high prices but behind will stay nicely in the Exit rows now for sure

Perhaps I should take a look at the loads for the flights
Old Nov 24, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by kauppias
Wholy moley ������ just checked the upgrade prices for my xxx-ARN-ORD flights in January boy have the prices crept up

Shorthaul 540SEK per segment and pax which is about same as usual

But the long haul to ORD (not so long) a whoppong 11400SEK MINIMUM bid for Business class and 3400 SEK for PLUS I guess I have been lucky as such but I have never seen such high prices but behind will stay nicely in the Exit rows now for sure

Perhaps I should take a look at the loads for the flights
Yes, I mentioned in an other Plusgrade related thread that for my ARN-HKG booking the Minimum bid prices from Plus to Business for both legs were the same as the price differences between the fares on the booking page (and J still seems to be available on the flight I booked). Not sure what the point is when the least you could expect to bid for the upgrade is as much as what you would pay to get a guaranteed seat in that class at the booking stage. I'm new to Plusgrade but so far unimpressed with what I've seen.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Yes, I mentioned in an other Plusgrade related thread that for my ARN-HKG booking the Minimum bid prices from Plus to Business for both legs were the same as the price differences between the fares on the booking page (and J still seems to be available on the flight I booked). Not sure what the point is when the least you could expect to bid for the upgrade is as much as what you would pay to get a guaranteed seat in that class at the booking stage. I'm new to Plusgrade but so far unimpressed with what I've seen.
There used to be deals to be had but I for one wont be paying such silly prices on such short flights I can handle it in coach the free drinks as EBD will cushion the pain. The difference in plus was only 300€ so less then the plus grade option but since its three of us it wasnt appealing
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:32 am

I have been following 6 upcoming flights for plus grade upgrades, so far prices seem steady and unfortunately extremely expensive. Arn-Ord for example Go to Plus 300euro and Go to Business 990euro.

on flights where they are VERY lightly loaded in all cabins I would think proactive pricing might get folks to spend some money... in Plus there are 4 seats selected and in Business there are 6 seats selected... go is also empty but I guess that could be partly due to to the fact that many have to pay to select.

it seems gone are the days of reasonably priced upgrades.

only flying one trip in GO so I will survive, my only benefit is getting extra basic points but at these prices there is no upside
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:37 am

Recently paid 17.000 points for Go to Plus and 30.000 for Plus to C dying ARN-ORD-ARN.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by fassy
Recently paid 17.000 points for Go to Plus and 30.000 for Plus to C dying ARN-ORD-ARN.

infact the option for Go to Plus was 15.000 to ORD and 16.000 back with points, I was considering it but the exit row won over there are three of us on this trip so spending about 90k was not attractive to me too bad EBD don't just get a 30% discount on the bid that would make it more appealing

I have not made a single bid now in ages and at these prices I don't see it changing. high prices and only upgrading to the saver buckets makes these "deals" very unappealing at least to the likes of ME
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:50 pm

Some data points:
14 Oct 2017 ORD-ARN: Plus to Business for 24,680 pts, declined; upgraded at check-in for 35,000
2 Dec 2017 ORD-CPH: Plus to Business for 27,280 pts, declined; Business was fully booked at check-in
6 Jan 2018 ORD-CPH: Go to Business for 38,315 pts, accepted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.