Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by ronald55
Bid 2000 SEK (the minimum) for an upgrade from Plus to Biz for HKG - ARN. Original minimum was around 3800 SEK but was lowered 2 weeks before departure. No status with SAS, only Krisflyer Silver.

Bid accepted this morning.

Does anyone know if there is a chance I will still get my miles on Krisflyer? I know the official rule says no so if that's indeed the case I might register on EB before my flight.
There has been no reports (at least that I've heard of) that points don't credit to other programs like Miles & Smiles, MilagePlus and Miles & Bonus, so I highly doubt it would be any different for Krisflyer. You should be fine!
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
You will receive the points associated with the earnings of your original fare either way. The question is wether you will receive business earnings on Krisflyer as I believe SK's documentation states you only receive the flown earnings versus the revenue earnings if you use your EuroBonus membership. However, since their IT department performs just as well as North Korea's attempts to be a caring democracy, I would say that you're in a good position to receive the business earnings posted to Krisflyer.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Just a quick update on my upgrade success:

Had booked a Go Light-ticket LHR-CPH 18/04/17 at 476 DKK, class O. Only have EBS status.

Put in an offer of 6475 EB points and was upgraded to Plus. Might seem a bit much, but besides from the extra luggage, food/drinks onboard, I thought this was an ok deal as:

- 1000 of the points are 'free', seeing as you get extra points when upgraded.
- As opposed to other European (not scandinavian) airports, with LHR you get access to both LH Senator Lounge and LHR Fast track, which is cool when you don't have EBG status.
- Plentiful space onboard(42 seats in Plus and 9 pax travelling in Plus)
- You are at the front of the plane and thus easily reaches passport security in the first wave of passengers leaving the plane at CPH.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by groovyfly
Put in an offer of 6475 EB points and was upgraded to Plus. Might seem a bit much, but besides from the extra luggage, food/drinks onboard, I thought this was an ok deal as:

- 1000 of the points are 'free', seeing as you get extra points when upgraded.
- As opposed to other European (not scandinavian) airports, with LHR you get access to both LH Senator Lounge and LHR Fast track, which is cool when you don't have EBG status.
Just to put 2 things right:
  • there is no extra luggage allowance when being upgraded
  • in general you get access to the Business Lounge. If you got into the Senator lounge it was a nice bonus
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: SK, A3, QR
With regards to luggage I stand corrected - didn't know I didn't get more luggage allowance

With regards to lounge access, my point was that since SK cut down on third party lounge access since February 1st, Plus passengers "only" has access to 16 non-SK lounges around Europe.

It makes bidding for an SK-upgrade on flights from say BCN or FCO a lot less attractive IMO.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:00 am

FYI: used plusgrade last year to upgrade from Plus to Biz on ORD-CPH. Minimum bid was 20,000 EB pts last year. When I tried for an ORD-CPH trip this weekend the minimum bid was 25,000 EB pts!! Sneaky EB gods
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by SkOrdBgo
FYI: used plusgrade last year to upgrade from Plus to Biz on ORD-CPH. Minimum bid was 20,000 EB pts last year. When I tried for an ORD-CPH trip this weekend the minimum bid was 25,000 EB pts!! Sneaky EB gods
Indeed All upgrade prices with EB points were raised recently ��

Last edited by kauppias; Apr 21, 2017 at 11:04 pm
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
You will receive the points associated with the earnings of your original fare either way. The question is wether you will receive business earnings on Krisflyer as I believe SK's documentation states you only receive the flown earnings versus the revenue earnings if you use your EuroBonus membership. However, since their IT department performs just as well as North Korea's attempts to be a caring democracy, I would say that you're in a good position to receive the business earnings posted to Krisflyer.
Thank you!

Just a quick update: Miles was indeed posted to Krisflyer as Z class instead of the original A class.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
Last week ORD-CPH. Minimum bid of 1865 DKK from Y+ to C was denied.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
My parents had miles expiring, so I used them to sponsor myself for two upgrades (CPH-ORD-CPH). Bid 16100 miles for both, before the changes to the cost of the gate upgrade. CPH-ORD was denied, but the plane was not full. ORD-CPH was accepted.

Quick question, can I select (or even see) a seat assignment now that I have been upgraded? In this case it was a TA booking. SAS's webpage keeps crapping out and I cannot even pull up my reservation any more.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: SK Gold
Originally Posted by livious
My parents had miles expiring, so I used them to sponsor myself for two upgrades (CPH-ORD-CPH). Bid 16100 miles for both, before the changes to the cost of the gate upgrade. CPH-ORD was denied, but the plane was not full. ORD-CPH was accepted.

Quick question, can I select (or even see) a seat assignment now that I have been upgraded? In this case it was a TA booking. SAS's webpage keeps crapping out and I cannot even pull up my reservation any more.
Go to the SAS country site of the TA that you booked with and pull up your reservation with your confirmation number. You should be able to select your seats there.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
I cannot even get the SAS sites to pull up my booking, I only get a blue screen with the small circles that change color to show that something is trying to load. Looks like an IT fail. At least the app shows I am in Plus, although I cannot see a seat assignment. Looks like I would need to call or wait until OLCI.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: SK Gold
Originally Posted by livious
I cannot even get the SAS sites to pull up my booking, I only get a blue screen with the small circles that change color to show that something is trying to load. Looks like an IT fail. At least the app shows I am in Plus, although I cannot see a seat assignment. Looks like I would need to call or wait until OLCI.
When that happens try the old site classic.sas.dk or whatever country is appropriate.
Old May 3, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
My FIRST succesful LH upgrade using the new system! ARN-HKG Plus to Business bid 20300 points. Plus and business is wide open so I was not expecting to get it especially since they recently raised the upgrade amounts!

Email came 47hrs before the flight!
Old May 5, 2017, 7:55 pm

Cool

Originally Posted by kauppias
My FIRST succesful LH upgrade using the new system! ARN-HKG Plus to Business bid 20300 points. Plus and business is wide open so I was not expecting to get it especially since they recently raised the upgrade amounts!

Email came 47hrs before the flight!
Flight flown! I was rather dissappointed in the new J seats... are the seats really filled with some sort of balloon? Felt like t abd the back "balloon did not inflate at all making it a very hard bed. Staff could not reset it, moved me to another seat that had the same issue, hour later third seat worked...

Anyhow back on topic return bid (same bid) was rejected email came at 36hrs... atleast it was the night flight that got upgraded

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.