Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:11 am

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
New booking class for Plusgrade to Y+: A
New booking class for Plusgrade to C: Z

For upgrades processed at check-in/at the gate: No change to fare class.
Is this for both European and international flights?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
There is no business class for European flights, so any upgrade will be to SAS Plus (A class). Pls read the information provided in Wiki
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:49 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by vd0t
Is this for both European and international flights?
Yes. The booking class of an upgrade to SAS Plus intra-Europe is also A.

EDIT: A few seconds late
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
No experience with BOS but I have had success in LAX HKG etc doing cash upgrades at check in and point upgrade at gate IF there are seats available.
Thank you. Was it all done in CPH? I'll be connecting from an outstation so wondering if that's going to limit my chances.
Don't have EB points yet so need to pay cash.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Lack
Thank you. Was it all done in CPH? I'll be connecting from an outstation so wondering if that's going to limit my chances.
Don't have EB points yet so need to pay cash.
No experience in CPH but perhaps others can chime in? I'm assuming in CPH you could ask the transfer desk...
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:42 am

What I'm mostly worried is the X-class and foreign ticket stock, would be great if someone could squash my fears about those :-).
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:08 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
What I'm mostly worried is the X-class and foreign ticket stock, would be great if someone could squash my fears about those :-).
No experience with non SK ticket but I have managed to upgrade award tickets at the airport. Since they don't change your ticket at airport for upgrades (they just reseat you) that shouldn't be a issue. No extra miles for airport upgrades with SAS.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:49 am

Thank you. What kind of price range should I expect for upgrading to Plus on CPH-BOS? Read online that it's often in the $100 ballpark which made me consider the option for starters.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:59 am

Thank you. What kind of price range should I expect for upgrading to Plus on CPH-BOS? Read online that it's often in the $100 ballpark which made me consider the option for starters.

I have not seen airport upgrades for 100$ the ones I have bought have been around 150-200€ but it has been awhile and I have not flown the BOS route. Hopefully a more savvy GO flyer can give some better information I have been buying Mai my Plus fares this year.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:01 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Expect at least 300 $ Could be 400.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Expect at least 300 $ Could be 400.
For Go to Plus? Even LH tops out at 299EUR and that's for twice as long hops.

The review I read quote $117 for EWR-CPH at check in, perhaps the outstations have better offers?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:46 am

The review I read quote $117 for EWR-CPH at check in, perhaps the outstations have better offers?
That was in July 2016 so things do change
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

I think that is more a one off than the norm.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: SK-EBD

Friends were offered upgrade to Plus ORD-CPH a couple of weeks ago at 300 $. And that was on LN-RKP.

Thats a nightflight, so possible more expensive than westbound flights.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:19 am

Thank you all for the information. I'll try find space in UA C or settle in for the ride in the back of the bus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.