Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just saw this while bidding for a OSL-MXP flight:

Any clue what the 'discount prices' are?
https://www.sas.se/flyg-med-oss/till.../uppgradering/

Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Those are some NICE prices 👍 too bad no deals on flights at that time I could get
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Decided to place the minimum bid for CPH NRT from Plus (booking class A). Minimum bud was 2,500 SEK. It cleared exactly 48 hours before the flight. Looking at the seat map when selecting a seat about 5 seats were selected.

Guess Easter is not a busy travel period Even if outside the special offer period
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: OW Emerald(RJ), SA Gold(Turkish Elite)
Ord -> cph 4/6

Placed a bid of 3500 SEK for an upgrade to Business class and to my surprise it was approved. Just checked out the seat map and its the old business class configuration 2-2-2. I am less surprised now but i am not very happy. My earlier research was showing that it was going to be there new business class configuration.

Will probably be reaching out to SAS customer service.

Edit: Getting a business upgrade for an extra $420 is still a ok deal

Last edited by zbeebo; Apr 5, 2018 at 9:54 am Reason: clarify
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
There is no "old business class" with SK but SK944 today will be performed by LN-RKP (ex Lan Chile aircraft) which has a different and older seat configuration than other SK aircrafts. There is a specific thread about this aircraft in the SK forum where you will find more info, but to summarize the inconvenience for C class pax is not significant and does not warrant any complaints to SK (whereas if you had been in SAS Plus there would be reason to complain). I would have taken a USD 420 upgrade to C class any day even when on LN-RKP - it it very good value so there is really nothing to complain to SK about IMO. Rest assured that you willl have a great flight
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I don't know if it has already been reported, but it is now possible to upgrade flights booked with Eurobonus points. I wonder if that in practical terms means all award flights, or they will distinguish between 117 and other carrier award tickets.

https://www.sasgroup.net/en/sas-pass...bonus-flights/
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If it was booked 'using Eurobonus points' it will always be 117 tickets...
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If it was booked 'using Eurobonus points' it will always be 117 tickets...
I know.

I was wondering if they truly distinguish between EB award tickets, and eg LH award tickets Ie. looking for the 117 tickets to allow for the upgrade bidding.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Plusgrade is only allowed to touch 117 tickets in the first place...
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Plusgrade is only allowed to touch 117 tickets in the first place...
That answers the question.

Though a follow up would then be, is that as theoretical as the "only Eurobonus members can get points for the upgraded flights"? Or is it being observed?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I don't know if it has already been reported, but it is now possible to upgrade flights booked with Eurobonus points. I wonder if that in practical terms means all award flights, or they will distinguish between 117 and other carrier award tickets.

https://www.sasgroup.net/en/sas-pass...bonus-flights/

👍👍 Nice to see positive improvents from a airline for a change this is great news especially when traveling with Kids
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer

Though a follow up would then be, is that as theoretical as the "only Eurobonus members can get points for the upgraded flights"? Or is it being observed?
If you enter other than a 117-ticket No, you will not be able to proceed/you will get error message.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SK AAR
If you enter other than a 117-ticket No, you will not be able to proceed/you will get error message.
Thank you.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
This is quite interesting. Thank you. I wonder now what happens with earning points on these tickets. Are they like award tickets, or like other upgraded tickets?
Old Apr 21, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by SK2751
This is quite interesting. Thank you. I wonder now what happens with earning points on these tickets. Are they like award tickets, or like other upgraded tickets?
I assume that they manage now to process award tickets via Plusgrade without changing them to an earning booking class. That was what is said to have happen in the beginning before they excluded award tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.