Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by SurfNorway
Has anyone noted that the minimum bid allowed (in money) has recently jumped by about 2.5x?
The minimum bids for flights that are 28+ days from departure are super high. It actually says not to bid more than 28 days in advance. I recently flew OSL-EWR and the bidding started super high 6 months out (I booked that far in advance) and then I set a reminder one week before flight to set a bid and I won a bid at half the old starting price.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:47 am

Bid Denied, was able to Upgrade in BOS Cheaper!!!

Did not bid the minimum for my Parents flight to CPH on Sunday, Sept 16 - SK928 - Bid $500 per person Plus to Business - Got DENIED exactly 36 hours prior to Departure.

Had been watching the flight and knew there were 3 seats OPEN. They got to Logan early and were able to Upgrade at Check-In for $399 per person!!! They were VERY excited and it was an Excellent flight!!
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by TexasMatthew
The minimum bids for flights that are 28+ days from departure are super high. It actually says not to bid more than 28 days in advance.
Where have you seen this written? Does it also apply for short haul? It was my impression that the short haul bids always start at 5000 pts (ca. 350-450 DKK), even long ahead of time, and the only go up. But I have not used the system for several months so perhaps there is a change. Or I missed the point that at a 28day mark things get much cheaper?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by SK2751
Where have you seen this written? Does it also apply for short haul? It was my impression that the short haul bids always start at 5000 pts (ca. 350-450 DKK), even long ahead of time, and the only go up. But I have not used the system for several months so perhaps there is a change. Or I missed the point that at a 28day mark things get much cheaper?
This has some information: https://www.sas.dk/content/dam/sas/p...ade-faq-da.pdf

(my italics)
What is the best strategy to win a bid?
Check the price 30 days before departure and bid the highest you are willing to pay, the higher bid the better chances to win.
What is the floor price?
The floor price is the lowest price that you can start to bid from. The floor price might vary for different flights, destinations and depending on how close to departure your flight is. The best thing is to check the floor price 30 days before departure to adjust your bid if needed.
This is more for long haul:
When can I make an offer?
You can submit an upgrade offer from the time you book your ticket up to 48 hours before departure. For flights outside to US & Asia it is best to check the bidding page when you have less than 30 days to departure to be able to bid for the most accurate price.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Go to plus

Hey,

I'm looking to use this system to upgrade from go to plus, as that is fine for me tbh. All the prices people talk about here are for bussinus class, but what would be a realistic price to upgrade to plus for? If its only 100e, thats a no brainer to take.

So, for lets say New york or hong kong, how much should i realisticly be paying for upgrades from go to plus?

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Yreal
Hey,

I'm looking to use this system to upgrade from go to plus, as that is fine for me tbh. All the prices people talk about here are for bussinus class, but what would be a realistic price to upgrade to plus for? If its only 100e, thats a no brainer to take.

So, for lets say New york or hong kong, how much should i realisticly be paying for upgrades from go to plus?

Thanks in advance

I don't know but I will guest $250.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:18 pm

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Thanks
Old Oct 12, 2018, 2:20 am

Could someone really nice here check loads for me on SK 925 Nov 5 and SK 910 Nov 14 ?
It would be FANTASTIC, If you can also share your opinion whether to bid aggressively or cheaply.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:50 am
Moderator: SAS
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Could someone really nice here check loads for me on SK 925 Nov 5 and SK 910 Nov 14 ?
It would be FANTASTIC, If you can also share your opinion whether to bid aggressively or cheaply.
SK925: CPH - IAD: C1 Y9 S8 E9 M9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 U9 O9 G9
SK910: EWR - CPH: C9 D3 Y9 S9 B9 E9 M9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 U9 K9 L9 O9 G9

Please post the routes and not the flight numbers, as I have not remembered the whole SK shedule XD

PS: I checked with https://flightavailability.bcdtravel.com so I'm not sure if that helps at all.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:15 am

Thanks Nick Art. I am sorry for not putting the routes.

Do I correctly read that bidding on SK925 is pretty much hopeless for business, reasonable for PLUS, while SK910 still seems to have half-empty business class? (but it is still early),
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:19 am
Moderator: SAS
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Thanks Nick Art. I am sorry for not putting the routes.
Don't worry, happens to the best of us.

Do I correctly read that bidding on SK925 is pretty much hopeless for business, reasonable for PLUS, while SK910 still seems to have half-empty business class? (but it is still early),
It does sure look like it. However, I have no experience whatsoever in the SAS bidding process.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Data point

For CPH-SFO Plus -> Business the minumum bid is $780 and LAX-ARN Plus->Business minimum $840, not worth it to me.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: UA *G MM
I am flying LAX-ARN maybe in 3-4 weeks; haven't bought the ticket yet, will book Plus. I noticed here that the minimum bid can drop a lot as the date approaches. So if I put a bid just above the minimum then will I later be able to notice that the minimum has dropped?

Is there any benefit in placing the bid early after booking?

There was really cheap business one way (outbound) for USD 1500, but it disappeared. Not sure what the conditions were. It is still Z9 and I am pretty sure that cheapest business books in Z? Maybe it needed an extended advance purchase like 30 days. So the difference between Plus and the super discounted business was about $800. So I am guessing that's the upper range for a min bid.

In fact the outbound from LAX is all 9s down to G. On the return it is Z5, P8, and T5.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: EuroBonus
I am EBS and flying ARN-LAX in two days -- I bid 28 570 to go from Plus to Business. I knew it was a low offer but still held out hope. (My sister and her husband, who are not EuroBonus members made very low-level bids with money over the summer to fly the same route and were upgraded both ways so I felt I could go low.) We're now less than 48 hours from my departure and I haven't gotten an email saying I've been denied. If I check my bid, it still says pending. I see that there are still 2 seats in business for sale, so I assume SAS is going to just try to sell them and I'll get a denial eventually. I have a few questions:

1) Can I buy with points at the gate? I have more points to spend, I just didn't want to blow them all in one go. At this point though I'd blow them just to be able to sleep lying down.
2) What is a safe bid with points for LAX-ARN? I'm flying back after New Year's if that matters.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:14 am
BCC

Programs: Eurobonus Gold
@Kanelbullar - Go into the SAS website and check your seat assignment. I have noticed before that my seat assignment changes sometimes quite a while before I get the email. You can use points at the gate but it is a lot more points than it use to be. Ask if the cabin is full when you check in and then go to the service desk after pass port control at the top of the stairs. I have had good success with minimal points bids (15K plus from ECO and 25K from Plus to Bus.) You also get bonus points credited to your bid when you are Gold / Diamond. I am not sure what they add to your bid when you are Silver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.