Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:13 pm

Actually, you can. I already did and the bid is in the system. I appreciate the advice on the miles.

Last edited by Nairb_; Mar 27, 2017 at 1:25 pm
Old Mar 27, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
May I ask, how have you been planning to transfer the miles on demand? (potentially useful to know)
Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:23 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
It is indeed possible to place bids without the amount of miles there. However I would be cautious about leaving it very last minute. If there are NO miles in your account I cannot seeing even the SK IT accepting such bid without immediate payment.

I just transferred AX MR points to eb and it took 4 days to come tomy account so very slow compared to others.

Luckily my flights are spread out so I will be self financing future upgrades with these AX points ie earn more as I go.

I have had ZERO cash upgrade bids approved with the new system so I am hoping for more love with points.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by wazow
May I ask, how have you been planning to transfer the miles on demand? (potentially useful to know)
Yeah, I'd also be curious from where OP is looking to transfer points from. EB is not the most stellar in that respect. But I would like to learn about options.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Yeah, I'd also be curious from where OP is looking to transfer points from. EB is not the most stellar in that respect. But I would like to learn about options.
I am planning on transferring Amex MR points. I appreciate the heads up on the transfer delay. I am hoping not to strand a bunch of points in EB and not get upgraded. I guess I'll have to watch loads on my flights and take my best guess.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 12:19 pm

just to confirm, that if I bid an upgrade from O booking class to SAS PLUS using points, it will still be rebooked in A, aka receive basis points (even I upgraded with points and not money?)
Old Apr 1, 2017, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson
just to confirm, that if I bid an upgrade from O booking class to SAS PLUS using points, it will still be rebooked in A, aka receive basis points (even I upgraded with points and not money?)
O on Star Alliance should be award booking in first class. If you are thinking to bid for an upgrade on an award booking, that's not possible. It should be a revenue booking.

If you are thinking of bidding from a non earning revenue booking, then yes you would get basic points for the upgraded class. Though I don't think SK has many non earning revenue booking classes.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
O on Star Alliance should be award booking in first class. If you are thinking to bid for an upgrade on an award booking, that's not possible. It should be a revenue booking.

If you are thinking of bidding from a non earning revenue booking, then yes you would get basic points for the upgraded class. Though I don't think SK has many non earning revenue booking classes.
O is the lowest revenue booking class on SK flights.
I have made a bid with points and understand now that if successful I will still get basic points.
Thanks
H.J.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson
O is the lowest revenue booking class on SK flights.
I have made a bid with points and understand now that if successful I will still get basic points.
Thanks
H.J.
So much for the harmonised use of booking classes in Star Alliance. Also using F as award Plus booking class is off from the general standard....
Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:54 am

My colleague did a bid SFO-CPH with Go to Plus for 1.800 SEK and Go to J for 6.500 SEK. Both denied. Looks like 3 seats left in Plus, 2 in J and Go is full.

I wouldn't pay 6.500 SEK for the upgrade but I thought that would be a decent offer which should ensure getting the seat in J...

Last edited by fassy; Apr 7, 2017 at 2:42 pm
Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by klmml
On intra-Nordic itineraries, the price of Plus has plummeted to just a bit more than Go.
The product is also only just a bit more than Go - you get charged for what you get. The problem isn't that the price is low, the problem is that the Plus product is bad.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:53 am
BCC

Programs: Eurobonus Gold
Business upgrade from Plus came through for Osl-Mia on 14/4. 23,500 points was my offer.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
The product is also only just a bit more than Go - you get charged for what you get. The problem isn't that the price is low, the problem is that the Plus product is bad.
I've complained about that many a time on here...

If it's not my money or I'm upgrading, then AY is clearly the way to go on O&D routes from HEL to the Nordics. If connecting, well, it's usually a price worth paying for SK's lower fares.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
Bid for GO to PLUS for CPH-EWR on Monday has just been accepted. I was not really looking to make an offer, as I already had my M seat in row 30 secured. But the minimum offer dropped from 1500 DKK to 850 DKK last week, so I put in a low 970 DKK offer just to see what happened.

Quite decent value I guess.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Gold, Marriott Plat
Bid 2000 SEK (the minimum) for an upgrade from Plus to Biz for HKG - ARN. Original minimum was around 3800 SEK but was lowered 2 weeks before departure. No status with SAS, only Krisflyer Silver.

Bid accepted this morning.

Does anyone know if there is a chance I will still get my miles on Krisflyer? I know the official rule says no so if that's indeed the case I might register on EB before my flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.