Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2017, 4:52 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Jainzar
My guess is that they give more weight to elites' bids but if those weighted bids aren't high enough then "normal" bidders can still succeed.
Has this weighted bid system worked well for any Golds/Diamonds?

Just wondering how much of an advantge this had brought to bid strengths?

Last edited by kauppias; Mar 4, 2017 at 8:17 am
Old Mar 4, 2017, 6:25 am

Since there is no transparency at any level (paid with money or points/ Plus grade/courtesy upgrades or op-ups) hard to impossible to say.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by fassy
Since there is no transparency at any level (paid with money or points/ Plus grade/courtesy upgrades or op-ups) hard to impossible to say.
I figured something to that effect

I guess I will have to test it out with a friend on the same flight, make identical bids see if both go through or not...

Too bad they cannot be more straight forward like with the xx% off best available awards...
Old Mar 5, 2017, 2:32 am

Still don't understand why the ladies at ARN airport always say there're no available seats in plus or business when I ask for upgrade at the airport. More than 2x now.

When I get on the plane, I can see available seats here and there. Also confirmed on board few minutes ago before departure and there are seats! No one here can tell why I was told no free seats when I asked for upgrade with points or even cash!!! These ladies don't want to make SAS some money I see...
Old Mar 5, 2017, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by iamife
Still don't understand why the ladies at ARN airport always say there're no available seats in plus or business when I ask for upgrade at the airport. More than 2x now.

When I get on the plane, I can see available seats here and there. Also confirmed on board few minutes ago before departure and there are seats! No one here can tell why I was told no free seats when I asked for upgrade with points or even cash!!! These ladies don't want to make SAS some money I see...
It would be awesome if it would be doable online or the app yourself but that would be too much to ask
Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
It would be awesome if it would be doable online or the app yourself but that would be too much to ask
That would be so great if that's one way this silly practice can be avoided. So annoying when I even have thousands of point expiring that I could have just thrown at the upgrade process
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: EB Gold
I have recently moved from Germany to Sweden and now also changed from Miles & More to Eurobonus, as I am lately flying more SAS than Lufthansa.

However, I still have 35.000 Miles from Miles & More that I would like to use for an upgrade to SAS Business for my flight LAX - ARN. Unfortunately you can only use Lufthansas Miles for an upgrade from Plus to Business, though I am booked in Go. My idea is to bid for an upgrade to Plus, to then upgrade with my Miles to Business. Does anyone know if this is possible?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 2:33 am

Will be tricky... the upgrade to Plus might clear too late to apply the LH *A upgrade. Also I think for the LH upgrade there need to be I inventory available which is rare and typically on SAS not available few days before departure.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Also, from the top of my mind Star Alliance upgrade is only available from booking classes Y and S,which PG does not post in to.

Apart from requiring I inventory, *A upgrades require a pretty high booking class to begin with.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 2:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
For SAS, its Y/B/S to award C for 35k: https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=10001
Old Mar 7, 2017, 2:52 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Originally Posted by LennartH
Are there any recent experiences with miles posting correctly in A3 Miles&Bonus?
I had two long-haul SK flights in February that I upgraded from Go to Plus using PG. Both flights posted correctly to M+B at the same time as the non-upgraded short-haul legs, just under a week after taking the flights. The booking classes on both flights was Q -> A.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 5:17 am

I already accepted that the good times of 30€ short haul upgrades and getting booking class C won't come back but the prices have become really bad... 5800SEK minimum bid for Go->J for CPH-US? I remember times when I paid half that.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I already accepted that the good times of 30€ short haul upgrades and getting booking class C won't come back but the prices have become really bad... 5800SEK minimum bid for Go->J for CPH-US? I remember times when I paid half that.
It has been like that already for many months but they also had sometimes some dynamic pricing of the minimum bid before the flight. Probably that is the downside of cheap Y and also relatively cheap Y+ tickets at SK. I know some of you don't agree, but just use points. Or try your luck at the airport.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: EB Gold
Will be tricky... the upgrade to Plus might clear too late to apply the LH *A upgrade. Also I think for the LH upgrade there need to be I inventory available which is rare and typically on SAS not available few days before departure.
Thanks, I guess I will try my luck than at the airport. PG is minimum 610 EUR and suggested bid is 765 EUR for Go - Business.
Got at least row 30 seats, so I should be fine with the leg room.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by entraider
Thanks, I guess I will try my luck than at the airport. PG is minimum 610 EUR and suggested bid is 765 EUR for Go - Business.
Got at least row 30 seats, so I should be fine with the leg room.
I like row 30 A/B very comfy, infact if the service was better or more inclusive in GO I would propably just fly in row 30 all the time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.