Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:29 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by Happy
We have one account each but the surveys are always done from one computer with 2 different email address and obviously different gender.

We earn very slowly because a lot of the surveys we are screened out. Have not redeemed anything for 2 years or more, but have $500+ in each my husband and my account, from 20 or more months without redeeming anything. So the balances built up very slowly.

Still, in light of what has been going on I went ahead to redeem airlines and Hilton to bring down my balance to below $150. I am surprised to see Hilton shows up because my account was from an IHG invitation. For a very very long time IHG is the only hotel program I can see - now I am seeing ALL hotel programs, like without any restriction. My husband's account has always been without restriction on both airlines and hotels. No idea why. Could not remember which invitation his was opened with. Both accounts were from 2003! Ancient history.

I saw UA miles are instant. Apparently AA, AS and BA take time. So as Hilton.

Anybody has ideas on how long to take those partners to show the transfer?
BA took about 10 business days after I initiated my transfer request.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:32 am

Choice hotels is one which is instant transfer - which is a good one if you want a quick cashout before they shut you down. $200 e-rewards will give you 8000 choice points which is enough for one night in a random choice motel.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I saw UA miles are instant. Apparently AA, AS and BA take time. So as Hilton.

Hilton shows up within an hour, sometimes almost instantly.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 1:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Still no surveys. It's been over a week now. There is definitely something wrong. I have cashed out for UA miles, which are instant transfer. I would advise others to do the same, as they are obviously doing some mass audit/shutdown.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Last time I did Hilton it was instant, but that was quite some time ago. BAEC Avios show up on Tuesdays or Thirsdays, usually once per week, not sure exactly when. Avios.com is next Monday after redemption, Iberia avios is next Tuesday after redemption. IHG is Tuesday I think.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
IHG and Virgin Atlantic seem to be Monday afternoons (UK time)
Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:52 pm

I just redeemed for a Starbucks gift card ($75 e-rewards yields $25 gift card). It's an e-gift card rather than a physical one, so you get it immediately. I transferred the e-gift card to my physical card online right away, no problems.

Have about $50 more in e-rewards and I'll figure out where to redeem them later. Probably UA miles or Choice points, both of which transfer quickly if not instantly. Despite the fact that I answer these surveys honestly, widespread shutdowns of this type make me nervous. I'm getting out while the getting is good, and will not accumulate above $25 in the future.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum
I have been a member of e-Rewards since 2006. I have not had any problems with them, except that some of the surveys seem to ask you a lot of questions and then screen you out. Really? After answering some key questions in the beginning the survey logic should be able to screen a person out much sooner. Also it is pretty silly that each survey asks your age, gender, etc. Heck, they know that based on your profile. So why do they ask?

I answer the surveys truthfully and honestly, like I should. Also you can tell that there are questions to verify that you are actually reading the questions.

I earn slowly. Last time I cashed in for a reward was in the beginning of 2014. So over the past three years I built up nearly a $1,000 balance as of last night. I should know better and not carry a high balance in case e-Rewards would close my account for any reason, go bankrupt, get hacked, etc. I guess it was a psychological goal that I was trying to achieve.

Actually I don't know why they even call it "dollars", as it is really about 1/3 of that. All rewards are pegged at about 3 e-Rewards dollars to a real US dollar.

After hearing about account closures yesterday in a blog, and then reading about it here on FT, I got spooked (even though I am not doing anything wrong) and cashed in all my e-Rewards dollars last night.

I cashed out with Hilton. I was pleasantly surprised that there no longer is a restriction with how often you can cash out with Hilton. It used to be once every 90 days or something like that. With no restrictions, I made 11 redemptions in a row, separated by just a few minutes. The confirmation emails came almost immediately, and the HHonors website showed all points within an hour. Also odd, the best redemption amount with Hilton is not $125 e-Rewards = 7,000 HHonors points, but rather it is $75 e-Reward dollars = 4,500 HHonors points. Go figure. So I made most of the transfers at $75.

Last edited by alben; Mar 22, 2017 at 9:48 pm
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by eRewardsOllie
Hi Guys,

I'm Ollie from e-Rewards (admins can check my email address for validation) as you all have noticed we've made some changes to the site.

First of all we've now closed our mobile app, this is so we can refocus our efforts to a better mobile web experience. It may come back in the future, but for now we recommend you delete the app from your device as it will be non-functional.

As part of the new changes we have also deactivated a number of accounts, the most common reason is inconsistent survey activity. Which could mean you've entered contradictory data or answers to surveys are inconsistent with your profile. The accounts are however just deactivated. If you believe your account really is valid please either PM me here or message us on Facebook referencing this thread and I'll make sure your account is investigated properly.

If anyone has any other questions please feel free to leave them here, I'll be hanging around to sort out any queries.
Ollie, my account was shut down. Every survey I ever completed was 100% honest and completed in a timely manner. I did have a death in the family a few months back and I did step away from answering anything for a few months but tried to get back to answering them towards the end of the year.

I am wanting to have my account reinstated if possible. Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated.

DJ
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hilton indeed is quick. While the line entry has not in account yet but the amount is included in the balance.

And yes, the best option on Hilton is the $75 level. I did not know there is no limitation on Hilton redemption. Will clear out the account tomorrow given I dont want to chance Hilton's IT glitch in late night.

So now we know UA is instant. Hilton is almost instant.

Still no show on AA, AS and BA. Will update on the timeline.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:58 am

For those of us who joined through a Hilton invitation, the best Honors rewards value is 7,000 points for $100. I hope the suspension of the once per quarter redemption limit is made permanent, since I am now redeeming the $100 reward about once every three weeks. I am getting more surveys than I ever have before.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:01 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by amanuensis
For those of us who joined through a Hilton invitation, the best Honors rewards value is 7,000 points for $100. I hope the suspension of the once per quarter redemption limit is made permanent, since I am now redeeming the $100 reward about once every three weeks. I am getting more surveys than I ever have before.
I agree on all "points"
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for the temp no restriction in redeeming Hilton points, I am able to bring the account bal down to $6.xx now. Happened to find a survey on the home page that was very long (45min est but I believe it took me longer as I was multitasking and only periodically returned to the survey) that added $11 so I could get over a 2nd $75 threshold this morning.

Hilton is instant as the pts reflect in the balance but the line entry requires overnight processing.

Still no AA / AS / BA miles.

I think I wait till next week to clear husband's account since we use the same computer all along. Dont want to suddenly use a different device to raise flag.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 12:02 pm

Does anyone know how long redemptions to Accor typically take?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by amanuensis
For those of us who joined through a Hilton invitation, the best Honors rewards value is 7,000 points for $100.
I haven't seen that option in months. Now that the 90 days between redemptions is gone, I've been cashing out every time I reach $75.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.