Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:32 pm

Got the "Member account has been deactivated at Member's request or due to extended inactivity. Please contact Member Services to reinstate your account" message a few days ago - just as a reward was supposed to be credited to my account (in addition to the funds already in it).

No response from e-rewards to my emails.

Last edited by go_hokies; Mar 22, 2017 at 1:17 pm
Old Mar 18, 2017, 5:38 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
I finally got a response via twitter DM. Then magically my email was replied to...

with the information noted earlier in post 2781

I was not reinstated. But told to wait for further review. I'm not holding my breath, but also not giving up. I'd like to know what I did to cause this.

Last edited by BTA; Mar 18, 2017 at 12:28 pm
Old Mar 18, 2017, 11:17 am

Is avios / baec avios redemption taking a while again? I redeemed for baec about 10 x days ago nothing, Avios 5 x days ago.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Those of you with deactivated accounts... Are you using multiple emails and have 2 or more accounts?

Years ago, I was doing surveys for both my husband and my own account from the same computer and they inactivated the accounts. I wrote and asked why and they said it was because 1 computer was being used for 2 accounts and that we had the same address. We always redeemed to our own hotel or airline accounts.

I responded that we are married, live in the same house, and use the same computer. They reactivated the accounts.

Another time they wanted to verify where we lived and had to send a copy of our driver's licenses.

Since the deactivation, I never use the same computer to respond to surveys from both of our accounts. I generally use my work computer for my husband's account (or my ipad) and my own desktop for my account (sometimes my phone).

Haven't had a problem since.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by BTA
I finally got a response via twitter DM. Then magically my email was replied to...
What was the reply? Did you get reinstated?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:30 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nomii
What was the reply? Did you get reinstated?
No. I updated my earlier post. As I said, I am not giving up, but I don't have high hopes.

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Those of you with deactivated accounts... Are you using multiple emails and have 2 or more accounts?
Only used one account.

I'd just like to get more than a form letter response that doesn't explain what happened.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Does anyone know roughly how long it takes e-rewards points to show up in in virgin atlantic account after transfer?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:24 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Based on the latest round of shenanigans, one has to wonder if e-Rewards is failing as a business.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by uxb
Based on the latest round of shenanigans, one has to wonder if e-Rewards is failing as a business.
It certainly seems so.^^^
Old Mar 19, 2017, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
I have not had a new survey available for several days now, on either of my accounts. I think I'm going to cash out all my points, just in case.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 3:18 pm

For what it's worth, I have been getting survey invitations several times a week. Many times more than usual, sometimes two emails a day. I redeem monthly for United miles. Not a hint of a problem for me.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 3:02 am

All fine for me also even though I'm not sure if the app is ever coming back!
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Saral
Does anyone know roughly how long it takes e-rewards points to show up in in virgin atlantic account after transfer?
​​​​​​​i'll answer my own question in case it helps in the future...points transferred wednesday rec'd in my virgin account monday
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:35 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Tilly71
All fine for me also even though I'm not sure if the app is ever coming back!
yeah WTH is going on with that???? Lol
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:28 am
BTA

Update: I got my account restored. Still unclear what I did that caused this to happen.

A few hours after my account being restored, my full balance was back in place, and it looks like I can redeem for rewards again.

So, I'm pleasantly surprised, and will likely cash out as much as I can to get my balance down a bit.

Good luck to others.

Last edited by BTA; Mar 21, 2017 at 12:16 pm Reason: updated with new info

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.