Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status match

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Bachovas
Would it be possible to get matched from Carlson Silver to other programs? Or is Carlson Silver not enough for others?
You can get Best Western Platinum.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Enigma
You can get Best Western Platinum.
Excellent! Thanks.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 9:26 am

If I got a status match today, when will it be good for? 02/2012 or 02/2013?
Thanks
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Just got an Reply

So its great, they got back to me within a day, nothing jet on gpp.com but I'm sure it will be updated within the next few days.

Does anyone know untill when my status is good for? 02/2011?

The e-mail adress is: goldpointsplus [at] carlson.com
Old Nov 17, 2011, 4:54 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Wow, that sure was fast. I sent a message through the "contact us" form on the website this afternoon requesting a status match. I received an email reply telling me to send verification (copy of card or statement) within 15 mins. I took a photo with my iPhone of my Hyatt GP Diamond card and emailed it back. My account online now shows Gold Elite as my status. The whole process was completed in less than an hour! Couldn't have been easier. I don't know what the expiry is on my status as of now, but I can only assume it will take me through 2012, as it's already November.

^^^
Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:50 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by ag51
Just tried to match from my Priority Club Platinum - as I am also an Intercontinental RA, they won't do the match ("we don't match from IC"), and you don't get a separate PC card. They also won't accept a copy of my statement on-line showing PC Platinum status and my 75 qualifying nights so far this year...

I understand why they won't match from a program where status can just be bought, but there doesn't seem to be a way round this.
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
No status match for PC Platinum? I'm going to be doing a week in cold Norwegian locales where Radisson is the only choice and would love a status match.....
I was given CC gold as a status match to PC Platinum in January.
"We have upgraded your account status to Gold Elite to match the Priority Club Platinum status"

I wonder if they have changed their policy?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:11 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
I was matched Hilton Diamond to CC Gold yesterday. Sent the email on Saturday requesting a match to "the equivalent Club Carlson Concierge status" which was not even acknowledged in the reply. I expected as much but thought why not try

Dear BrewerSEA,

Thank you for taking the time to write.

We have upgraded your Club Carlson Status to Gold to match your Hilton
Diamond Status.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist you.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 2:54 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M SEN, SPG Gold, PC Platinum
Matched my PC Platinum and Accor Platinum to CC Gold.
Dear TheBrain,

Thank you for taking the time to write.

We do value your business and appreciate you as a Club Carlson member.
We would like to offer to match elite status that you have with other programs, we can match top level to Gold Elite and second level to Silver Elite. Our newest Concierge Elite level cannot be matched, it must be earned.

We have upgraded your Club Carlson account to Gold Elite Status
Old Nov 22, 2011, 4:33 pm

Got matched from SPG Platinum to CC Gold within a day of emailing. Did not specifically request Concierge status, but, even so, the response made a point of saying that Concierge status had to be earned.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 6:23 pm

Did a quick search and didn't find the answer to this question

If you are status matched to Gold level, do you still need the 30stays/75nights or is it fast track based on the gold status?

Thanks in advance for the insight!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 6:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, CC Gold, AA, BA, UA
Originally Posted by TravelTalker101
Did a quick search and didn't find the answer to this question

If you are status matched to Gold level, do you still need the 30stays/75nights or is it fast track based on the gold status?

Thanks in advance for the insight!
It is still 75 nights and 30 stays.

Also, I wanted to add my status match experience to the thread. I sent an email with a screenshot of my Hyatt Diamond Account Summary to goldpointsplus [at] carlson.com. Received an email about 24 hours later matching me to Gold.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 9:52 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
I sent my status match request to [email protected] two days ago with the proof of my other club's platinum membership info and heard nothing back from them. Did I use the correct email address?
Old Dec 2, 2011, 1:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by ktjan
I sent my status match request to [email protected] two days ago with the proof of my other club's platinum membership info and heard nothing back from them. Did I use the correct email address?
I matched recently using [email protected]
Old Dec 12, 2011, 6:35 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, HHonors Gold
No upgrade luck fro me with my Acoor C-Club Platinum status. I received this reply:

"Thank you for taking the time to write.

Unfortunately, we do not status match with Accor's A-Club. We do value your business and appreciate you as a Club Carlson member. We would like to offer to match elite status that you ave, with either Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, Priority Club, and Starwood only. We can match top level to Gold Elite and second level to Silver Elite. Our newest Concierge Elite level cannot be matched, it must be earned.

In order to match status, please provide us with proof of current membership, either a copy of your current loyalty card or current statement showing your current status."

This message was from their US desk.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 9:02 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
Got status matched using the email provided above as well as the Contact us on their webpage. The email proved quicker as I had sent in an account screenshot and was approved. The webpage email asked me for proof to be sent. Emails were sent 5 minutes apart. Took about 4 days for a response.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Concierge, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Choice Diamond
Originally Posted by milaohu
If I got a status match today, when will it be good for? 02/2012 or 02/2013?
Thanks
Not sure if all status matches are the same, but just got my match from PC Platinum to CC Gold. Email says it will be valid until February 2013.

Seems to me that I have all of 2012 to maintain the requirements

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.